Falmouth Margaritaville

HotRod3

Wahey, this looks like a my kind of place. Is it easy to get there from the ship ?. We are there on Nov 12th.

Falmouth Margaritaville is right AT the port. It is at the far righthand corner when you enter the port area. They are still growing with good things to come. We had the Volcano Nachos which are very good. There is a kiosk (before you get to Margaritaville) where you can purchase an internet card for $10. It's good for the entire day. We had a balcony on the port side and used it there. Enjoy!

Sounds like every Margaritaville we've been to. Wouldn't expect much more in Falmouth or elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Yeah...I don't get it...? Sort of like people who travel to NYC and eat at TGIFridays or McDonalds. Never understood that.

Edited by micmacmissy

Yeah...I don't get it...? Sort of like people who travel to NYC and eat at TGIFridays or McDonalds. Never understood that.

There's nothing else there to do. In the food court area, there's a Quizno's and DQ. I think one local chicken place, but that's it, and you really don't want to venture into town and eat there...dangerous.

Having Margaritaville has been a big bonus, because, IMHO, the stop sucks the big one. Wish the ship still went to Costa Maya.:)

Unlike TGI Fridays or McDonalds, there aren't Margaritavilles in every part of this country so I'm sure it's a novelty for some. Besides, I think they have free WIFI. :)

What more would you want LOL it might be better than the Frog place.

Last time we were in the Frog place in Cozumel, not-so-nice things were happening on the bar. We thought we stumbled into a strip club by accident. The wife wasn't to happy but I was laughing all the way back to the ship. :D

Would love to know if they do have free WIFI.......can anyone confirm that for sure?

We were there in July. No free WIFI. It might have been $5 but we did the $10 allday card that you can purchase at the kiosk in the middle of the pier. Last summer we had a balcony next to the pier and used it there. This time our balcony was on the other side and couldn't get the signal so we just went to the other side of the ship and used it there.

Ye who lack the experience of finding otu one day that they are Parrotheads....have faith your day will come!

As for Falmouth....love those reviews that say it stinks! We have been there several times, last time found a truly wonderful little beach 15 minutes away. The Jerk Chicken was truly a religious experience.

So remember, when one person trashes a port, any port, take the comment witha grain of salt...salt, where's the d*** salt, sorry had to slip in a little Jimmy B. The odds are they got off the ship, walked around for 30 minutes, then ran back to the ship to hide in their cabin.

One other time, we made best friends for the day with a guy selling red label, sat and listened to reggie for an afternoon....one particular harbor...darn, I did it again!

There's nothing else there to do. In the food court area, there's a Quizno's and DQ. I think one local chicken place, but that's it, and you really don't want to venture into town and eat there...dangerous.

Having Margaritaville has been a big bonus, because, IMHO, the stop sucks the big one. Wish the ship still went to Costa Maya.:)

Nothing else to do?! You do realize there is a whole island outside of the port area, right?

Ye who lack the experience of finding otu one day that they are Parrotheads....have faith your day will come!

As for Falmouth....love those reviews that say it stinks! We have been there several times, last time found a truly wonderful little beach 15 minutes away. The Jerk Chicken was truly a religious experience.

So remember, when one person trashes a port, any port, take the comment witha grain of salt...salt, where's the d*** salt, sorry had to slip in a little Jimmy B. The odds are they got off the ship, walked around for 30 minutes, then ran back to the ship to hide in their cabin.

One other time, we made best friends for the day with a guy selling red label, sat and listened to reggie for an afternoon....one particular harbor...darn, I did it again!

Where did you go to the beach? Would love to just to go to a nice beach for the day.

Funny and often posted on the boards but is just not the case.

RCI drops in excess of 40000 cruisers a month at Falmouth putting all these people in danger:rolleyes::eek:

We have gone to Falmouth the last three years. The first time literally weeks after they opened. The first year we had the kids and did the Mystic Mountain/Dunns River excursion and had a fantastic time;would highly recommend! However, the last two years it was DH and I and we "discovered" a small outdoor bar just past were Marguaritaville is now located. We've enjoyed the locals on staff that are so friendly, the jerk chicken and a few Red Stripe:) It's at the port although I don't know the name, we just know it's there! For us, we would much rather go local than somewhere I can drive down the street to at home....

I guess non-Parrotheads just don't get it. Being a Parrothead for many, many years, I will be enjoying the music and atmosphere at Margaritaville when I am in Jamaica in December!!!!!!!

THANK YOU! I always wish the posters perpetuating the danger myths would provide the deets of their brushes with danger.

Or, choose their words more carefully, as in "Falmouth is out of MY comfort zone. Your experience will depend on your own comfort zone."

We loved our day at the free local Burwood Beach after walking into town to stock up on our own drinks and snacks at a local grocery where everyone was very happy to help.

I guess non-Parrotheads just don't get it. Being a Parrothead for many, many years, I will be enjoying the music and atmosphere at Margaritaville when I am in Jamaica in December!!!!!!!

I didn't know any where still alive :)