What 3 or 5 reasons/items makes Celebrity stand out to you?

CruisingGatorGirl

Pick the items that you think make Celebrity stand out  

993 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the items that you think make Celebrity stand out

• Smoking policy
    • Quality of food
    • Variety of places to eat
    • Decor & Ambiance
    • Spa
    • Entertainment & Shows
    • Excursions
    • Size of cabins
    • Serivce & Staff
    • Activities on board (outside of shows)
    • Value for money
    • Exotic ports

I am in the middle of reliving and retyping our experience on a Celebrity Solstice Mediterranean cruise last summer. I also just went on Carnival for my bachelorette cruise in July. Therefore I have been doing a lot of reflecting and talking about my cruise experiences with friends and the thing I notice the most is how highly my fiance and I talk about Celebrity.

And it got me thinking...

If somebody were to ask you, in YOUR opinion, the top 3 (ok maybe 5, 3 is hard to do) reasons you prefer Celebrity over other main-stream cruise lines what would you say?

I am wondering if there is a common theme here :)

Ours would be:

1.) Food

2.) Customer Service on board

3.) Decor/room size

4.) Smoking Policy

5.) Lack of "cheese" (belly-flop, slides, etc.)

What your top 3 or 5 be?

Let me try this one more time!

Looking forward to your responses!

Easy,

1) Service on board, they crew is fantastic

2) Food, we have always enjoyed the food, especially in Blu

3) Management - We were on a cruise way back that had an accident and we were taken care of especially well and compensated more than fairly

4) benefits of being "elite", especially free laundry and free internet

5) fewer children

Many more reasons, but these off the top of my head

Sorry, the poll just showed up. I just replied to it also

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

At this point my 5 choices are the top 5 % wise in the poll. I think that should be expected.

People who sail X recognize what is better or different about X. That is why we sail X.

Some choices such as being taken care of by management are not as high because things run pretty smoothly on an X cruise. Most of us do not have that need, thankfully.

We can complain about things not being what they were in the 90s, but what is?

Even Walmart has done away with customer service. If you want to do anything these days you have to do it without human contact. it is difficult.

• 3 months later...
Non-smoking

T-Pool

Cleanliness

Itineraries

Value

Claire

Sorry Celebrity, you aren't my favorite anymore. Your loyalty program, smoking policy, cleanliness, and service aren't enough to make me vacation with you.

Other lines have non-smoking policies, hydro-pools, good service, clean spaces and a variety of ports to compete with you.

The date choices are boring.

The buffet needs an infusion of new foods, better service, and evening optional dining.

The main dining room is too crowded.

You've given up nice strolls on the promenade.

You were a good date, for awhile, then you lacked inspiration. I now pay for over-priced dinners in special restaurants, we sit for the same recorded music, go to the same shows, limited dancing, less inspirational reading in the library.

Frankly the fun we had initially has faded. I need something more to find my vacation dates exciting.

I'll always have the memories. Like Michel Roux dining, duplicate bridge, easy storage in the stateroom, good complimentary coffee, and evenings filled with options.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

Went with service, food quality and the restrictive smoking policy, but would also add better space ratios. First time on Celebrity after prior experiences on Royal, NCL and Carnival that was the first thing we noticed upon boarding. We were walking around the ship (Connie) thinking it was sailing half empty! When we asked we were told that the ship was actually quite full, but it never felt as crowded as ships on the other lines.

Agree...Good Poll...and one (along with other valid comments) you should forward to Celebrity Management when it closes, and all results are tallied.

Yes, I realize CC members are but a small fraction of total Celebrity cruisers...but results here are a good cross-sample of what many find important/not important when choosing to cruise on Celebrity...what many of us think they are doing/have done right; and what they perhaps need to work on and tweak.

Thanks

Woody

Edited by rwr235