Century to Alaska Review and Pics Aug 11-18

islandjacquelin

Love the review. We were on Century on July 14th and loved it as well. We were also told that we were "the closest the ship has gotten at < .5 mile". So I'm starting to think they use that line a lot :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry this has become an epic review! Our last port was Ketchikan. We did not book any excursions, but rather decided to do the walking tour based on the map you can pick up at the Visitor Centre as you get off the ship. It was an absolute downpour when we got off the ship, but it completely cleared off to sun after 15 min. We were SO lucky with weather!

IMG_9803.jpg

The map for the walking tour is excellent, and because the downtown is not very large, it is doable in about 1.5-3 hours, depending on where and how often you stop, and of course how able, fit etc you are.

Ketchikan is the City of Totems and there are many places you can see them - Saxman Park, Totem Heritage Centre, Totem Bight State Park and all over the city. The only disappointment - we had really wanted to visit Southeast Alaska Discovery Centre, but it closed at 3pm, which we found strange. They have a collection of heritage poles.

ketchikantotems.jpg

Of course we headed to Creek Street:

IMG_9906.jpg

Alaska20133.jpg

We took a ride on the Funicular - which was lots of fun for the bargain price of $2! Enjoyed a nice cold Alaskan Amber in the Cape Fox Lounge at the top - nice view and they also have some great totems!

IMG_9887.jpg

0cea09b4-8ede-402a-9167-43760176987d.jpg

There were so many options - now I need to go back and do all the things we didn't have time for!!!

Last post coming up next!

Sorry this has become an epic review! Our last port was Ketchikan. We did not book any excursions, but rather decided to do the walking tour based on the map you can pick up at the Visitor Centre as you get off the ship. It was an absolute downpour when we got off the ship, but it completely cleared off to sun after 15 min. We were SO lucky with weather!

IMG_9803.jpg

The map for the walking tour is excellent, and because the downtown is not very large, it is doable in about 1.5-3 hours, depending on where and how often you stop, and of course how able, fit etc you are.

Ketchikan is the City of Totems and there are many places you can see them - Saxman Park, Totem Heritage Centre, Totem Bight State Park and all over the city. The only disappointment - we had really wanted to visit Southeast Alaska Discovery Centre, but it closed at 3pm, which we found strange. They have a collection of heritage poles.

ketchikantotems.jpg

Of course we headed to Creek Street:

IMG_9906.jpg

Alaska20133.jpg

We took a ride on the Funicular - which was lots of fun for the bargain price of $2! Enjoyed a nice cold Alaskan Amber in the Cape Fox Lounge at the top - nice view and they also have some great totems!

IMG_9887.jpg

0cea09b4-8ede-402a-9167-43760176987d.jpg

There were so many options - now I need to go back and do all the things we didn't have time for!!!

Last post coming up next!

Superior photo's, look professional, thanks for taking the time.

Thanks for the great pictures here -- got any others from onboard Century? We will be with a group on the Century 2/23 Caribbean cruise.

Do you have any exterior pictures that show the port-side toward the aft corner? We have 1135 & I am curious if it is under the back corner of the inside of buffet restaurant or under the outside deck.

Cruisin Kay D

I have a thousand or so pics from my Century cruise at my sharing site

http://hawaiiandcruise2012.shutterfly.com/

You should be abe to see them with having to log in..

18 different sets of pics in groups.

Click on pictures and videos to see the list.

Thanks for sharing Germanboy. (Donkeshane)! Great website!

Archived