Aft Cabins

We had the aft corner on the Westerdam, deck 8. It was very quiet back there and deck 7 would have been even quieter since we had the Sea View Pool right above us. We did have a long walk to the shops and showroom in the bow though.

We had the aft corner on the Westerdam, deck 8. It was very quiet back there and deck 7 would have been even quieter since we had the Sea View Pool right above us. We did have a long walk to the shops and showroom in the bow though.

I think it will be fun! Need the long walk to work off all that food!!

Aft cabins are about a 3-minute elevator ride to the Lido Restaurant and aft pool. You can pick up a snack and return to your cabin without your food cooling very much. It is also very convenient for that ice cream cone or late-evening pizza. Just three minutes from a cup of coffee or tea 24/7 is also a good thing. Note that the Room Service kitchen is also a short elevator ride to your room which means everything is at the perfect temperature.

Aft cabins are just a few minutes ride down to the MDR.

While standing at your verandah railing, your view is much better than someone looking our from only one side of the ship.

There is also very little foot traffic past your cabin door.

Enjoy your aft cabin and it's convenience to dining and pool.

We had cabin 7138 a few years back and loved it. DW smoked back then:eek:(thank God she quit) and we purchased a few bottles of our favorite libation and enjoyed every sunset. It can get warm back there given the right conditions. As others have said, it's a walk to get anywhere but it's worth it to keep the weight down. I noticed the room was larger than the other balcony cabins. It was furnished exactly as the others but had extra wall space on either side of the bed. I guess I should say the cabin was the same width as others, just longer. Someone on CC pointed out to me the need to keep an extra towel to wipe down the chairs on the balcony because sometimes soot will drift down from the stacks if the right conditions are present. Happened just once to us. Our sixth Eurodam is coming this Dec. and we enjoy the ship, food but especially the crew.

We had cabin 7138 a few years back and loved it. DW smoked back then:eek:(thank God she quit) and we purchased a few bottles of our favorite libation and enjoyed every sunset. It can get warm back there given the right conditions. As others have said, it's a walk to get anywhere but it's worth it to keep the weight down. I noticed the room was larger than the other balcony cabins. It was furnished exactly as the others but had extra wall space on either side of the bed. I guess I should say the cabin was the same width as others, just longer. Someone on CC pointed out to me the need to keep an extra towel to wipe down the chairs on the balcony because sometimes soot will drift down from the stacks if the right conditions are present. Happened just once to us. Our sixth Eurodam is coming this Dec. and we enjoy the ship, food but especially the crew.

It sounds like you're talking about the aft-facing balconies that are longer. OP is talking about a side balcony that is in the back 1/4 of the ship.

Thanks for the info! We are actually in 7139, so you've given me aa great feel for the location. BTW, Any issues with motion or vibration? Or just about the same as other locations. Thanks again.:)

If you mean you're in a cabin looking directly out the back over the stern then these are in my families opinion the best on every ship. We try to secure one every time we cruise but they're about the first to go as many agree with us.

If you mean you're in a cabin looking directly out the back over the stern then these are in my families opinion the best on every ship. We try to secure one every time we cruise but they're about the first to go as many agree with us.

That is exactly where we are and very much looking forward to it! Like your thoughts, most everyone seems to love this location.:D

I had one on the Carnival Magic earlier this year. It was a great cabin except for one thing; there was a support column in the middle of the room. We did not have direct access to the outside but the view was spectacular and it was very quiet.

Archived