Will a Ford Escape SUV, be big enough

nans vacation

There will be 4 women with 4 larger and 4 small pieces of luggage. I was hoping we could fit all of us and the luggage into a ford escape.

I really did not want to rent a mini van. It would cost twice as much as the ford escape. Do you think we can do it ??????? I already have a ford escape and a mini van rented, But I feel as I should cancel one of them.

Thank you for your help.

There will be 4 women with 4 larger and 4 small pieces of luggage. I was hoping we could fit all of us and the luggage into a ford escape.

I really did not want to rent a mini van. It would cost twice as much as the ford escape. Do you think we can do it ??????? I already have a ford escape and a mini van rented, But I feel as I should cancel one of them.

Thank you for your help.

Is the 4 small pieces of luggage your purses or will we have to add those to the baggage compartment as well? :cool:

We own a Ford Escape too and I think it will be really tight depending on the size of the suitcases. If you are talking 4 26 inch suitcases or larger and 4 21 inch suitcases then I would say no way. If the smaller pieces of luggage are soft carryons than you have a better shot of it.

I would go with a minivan with stow and go seating. You will have a ton of room with that.

What vehicle do you all think we would need for 6 adults with baggage...so atleast 6 suitcases and 6 smaller bags....

Don't need to be comfy...just getting to motel to get rid of bags and then comfy for sight seeing??

A very large van. As a matter of fact, I doubt that our Entourage would do; and, it is big.

What vehicle do you all think we would need for 6 adults with baggage...so atleast 6 suitcases and 6 smaller bags....

Don't need to be comfy...just getting to motel to get rid of bags and then comfy for sight seeing??

You might be able to get by with a 10 footer...

https://www.budgettruck.com/moving-trucks.aspx

We've been able to get 7 adults in our Odyssey. Everybody packed in 22" bags and one lap bag each. We did not put anything on the roof. Thankfully it was only an hour drive to port.

Thank you everyone,

I am going to a ford dealership to look at the fort escape tomorrow, to

see what I think. I will measure the cargo space. I can also put the smaller back seat down.

Apparently you have a stow and go; and. that might work if one person does not mind sitting on the luggage.

ok think of it this way you should be able to get at least 2 large bags in the back and should be able to put all the small ones between the folks in the back then lay one on someones lap.

This assumes worst case for packing, now just be aware if you do a full pack that you will not be able to see out the back window so be smart and either have a spotter or pull thru on any spots.

I could get 6 26" suitcases and 4 + small ones with 4 people into an Escape, my daughter has one and i have packed and driven it back and forth from college multiple times. Will the passengers be comfy, probably not.

Would I do it for 30 minutes for 30.00 no because you are talking 8.00/PP

So just go for the Minivan and be happier :)

I can't speak for an Escape but on our last cruise we fit three 2-piece Heys Carbonite luggage sets (3x21" and 3x26" hard cases) , one 28" suitcase, 3 backbacks and 4 people in a Honda Accord.

My husband was humming the Tetris themesong while loading the trunk.

Thank you everyone,

I am going to a ford dealership to look at the fort escape tomorrow, to

see what I think. I will measure the cargo space. I can also put the smaller back seat down.

I'm sure the salesman who makes his living on commission when he actually sells a car will be overjoyed to spend his time getting the keys, unlock the car, wait for you measure and figure, answer your questions, lock the car back up and return the keys.

I'm sure the salesman who makes his living on commission when he actually sells a car will be overjoyed to spend his time getting the keys, unlock the car, wait for you measure and figure, answer your questions, lock the car back up and return the keys.

Hahahaha!

Archived