10 Day-Southern itinerary change 2014

oratheeexplorer

I had my eye on a couple of 10 day southern caribbean cruises for 2014.....just noticed a change in itinerary....(this is on Emerald)

Bonaire was on the itinerary for both the Jan. 18th and Feb. 7th 2014 itinerary but now it is on Jan. 18th and Curacao is on Feb. 7th....Bonaire is no longer on Feb. 7th one.....Aruba is still on both...

I wonder why they changed this?

It seems that they use the Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao ports sommewhat interchangeably. I suspect it has to do with expected traffic in each port.

Our cruise itinerary was originally meant to be Aruba, but has been changed to Curacao. I think I read somewhere in their detailed itinerary that the ABC islands were used that way. Or maybe I just imagined that part.

Thank you so much for this discussion. I never thought to look at our itinerary for a change. I did check after reading this thread and, sure enough, our Bonaire stop has been changed to Curacao.

So you know for sure, ask your TA for your Princess invoice. On the bottom of page 1, you'll see your itinerary listed out with all the times. This is as correct as it gets. Once there's a change, you'll see it there. It's not 100% accurate but as close as it gets.

Thank you so much for this discussion. I never thought to look at our itinerary for a change. I did check after reading this thread and, sure enough, our Bonaire stop has been changed to Curacao.

That would be a bummer.....I was looking at this particular itinerary because of Bonaire....

Hmmmm I didn't look at the actual itinerary.....this is the listings that come up when you do a search and it gives the ports....

The itinerary on the cruise search results shows Bonaire, as does the one on my cruise personalizer, and the excursions for Bonaire are available for booking.

I'm booked for the December 9th sailing, and saw this change show up. I wouldn't have a problem with Curacao instead of Bonaire (I've been there before on the Crown Princess Southern Caribbean itinerary and quite liked it) but I'm a bit skeptical. A quick look at Cruise Timetables seems to show a number of ships scheduled for Curacao on the day we're supposed to be there on our sailing (December 15th) but only the Emerald Princess scheduled for Bonaire that day. Not sure about other sailings, but unless the various lines are trading dockings, it doesn't seem like there would be room for it on Curacao that day.

I am on the Feb 7 sailing. When I am on the Princess home page looking at options, it says Curacao for that sailing but if I go one step further and select the Feb 7 sailing, the detailed itinerary shows Bonaire. I hope it stays Bonaire as I already reserved my Princess shore excursion for that port.

I am on the Feb 7 sailing. When I am on the Princess home page looking at options, it says Curacao for that sailing but if I go one step further and select the Feb 7 sailing, the detailed itinerary shows Bonaire. I hope it stays Bonaire as I already reserved my Princess shore excursion for that port.

This is what I found too.....when I do a search and the different ones come up, that is where it now says Curacao for Feb. 7th....but when you click on the itinerary to look at the times in each port, it says Bonaire.

Archived