Help me Find the Perfect Dress

ducklite

I think I might have found the dress!

It's a light chiffon. I'm going to wear it with flat flesh/light tan sandals. (Thinking these, but not 100% and would like opinions: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/two+lips+lorena+flat+sandal?prodId=243546&activeCats=cat10006,cat20034,dsw12cat440004 ) We don't know if we'll be on the beach or the ship, and won't until we get there--even then plans could change that day if the weather doesn't cooperate. I think this is casual enough looking (and cool enough) for the beach, but will work if we move on board as well.

I'll wear a hei (crown of flowers) and my husband will have a matching lei. He's going to wear a white linen/cotton blend button down Cuban style shirt with light tan slacks and sandals.

A friend wore the same dress as a bridesmaid only in a different color last weekend, and as soon as I saw the photo I knew it was what I was looking for. She and I have very similar figures and it looked incredible on her, so I know it will look nice on me. The price is well within my budget, which makes it even sweeter.

What do you all think?

105929739_renewaldress1.jpg.a2e00d0e2af0459216155dd57aaa4c55.jpg

I think I might have found the dress!

It's a light chiffon. I'm going to wear it with flat flesh/light tan sandals. (Thinking these, but not 100% and would like opinions: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/two+lips+lorena+flat+sandal?prodId=243546&activeCats=cat10006,cat20034,dsw12cat440004 ) We don't know if we'll be on the beach or the ship, and won't until we get there--even then plans could change that day if the weather doesn't cooperate. I think this is casual enough looking (and cool enough) for the beach, but will work if we move on board as well.

I'll wear a hei (crown of flowers) and my husband will have a matching lei. He's going to wear a white linen/cotton blend button down Cuban style shirt with light tan slacks and sandals.

A friend wore the same dress as a bridesmaid only in a different color last weekend, and as soon as I saw the photo I knew it was what I was looking for. She and I have very similar figures and it looked incredible on her, so I know it will look nice on me. The price is well within my budget, which makes it even sweeter.

What do you all think?

Very nice dress! Perfect for an beach renewal. :D

I love the dress and think the shoes are cute. The flowers on the sandals go with your other floral accessories. Is the length of the dress on the model what you want?

I'm fine with that length--anything just above to about 3" above my knee is a great length on me. I don't really want it shorter, but I'm assuming the model is 3.5-4" taller than me, so that shouldn't be a problem. My friend who has the same dress is a size 2 (I'll probably end up ordering a 4 based on their sizing) and is 2" shorter, and it landed just above her knee, so should be perfect for me.

I thought the same about the flowers on the sandals. They will pack flat, which is a bonus, and to be honest they'll go really well with a couple of other outfits that I have a hard time matching shoes with.

Love it, it'll be perfect for a beach ceremony. Just want to add - check to see if it's see-through.

I got married on a beach in Jamaica and didn't bother checking. You should see my wedding pictures, ooh la la! Wish I'd worn sexier panties because they were quite visible when the sun shined on the dress. :o

I like that WHBM dress too but that neckline is horrid for finding bras - I hate wearing strapless (I'm too big for them to actually do much good, even the "good" ones I like don't really keep the girls up high)

Ducklite - glad you found a dress you love!!

Edited by Hoyaheel

Love it, it'll be perfect for a beach ceremony. Just want to add - check to see if it's see-through.

I got married on a beach in Jamaica and didn't bother checking. You should see my wedding pictures, ooh la la! Wish I'd worn sexier panties because they were quite visible when the sun shined on the dress. :o

I'll be sure to wear pretty underwear and make sure the sun isn't behind me in photos. Thanks for the tip! :)

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

• 4 months later...
ducklite - we've talked about this in another thread. Is that still the dress you plan to take or have you found other options? :D

I bought the white linen Tommy Bahama. Simple and beachy. Fits me nicely, sleeveless, just above the knee and a nice scoop neck. The best part is that I'll get plenty if use out of it after the cruise.

• 1 month later...
gorgeous!

Thanks for posting pictures.

What did you think of the cruise? Did you like the line?

We enjoyed it, but there were some hiccups that would probably keep us from sailing with them again. I'd give it a B-, so still above average/good, but not great. For the money there are better products out there. I suspect they will either step it up as Windstar has reentered the Tahiti market, or lower their prices to compete.

I'm glad I decided to go with a knee length dress. We had to step off the tender into ankle deep water. There was another renewal couple on board, she had a gorgeous ivory silk gown and he was in a nice suit, but there's no way they would have been able to get to the island without ruining those clothes, so had their ceremony onboard. I thought that if I was going all the way to Bora Bora to renew my vows, I wanted to do it on the beach. :)

Edited by ducklite

Congratulations! The dress looked perfect. I can't imagine a more beautiful place to do a vow renewal.

Did you still do just the carryon? I know you were trying to figure out a way to keep some things in LA...

Edited by slidergirl

Congratulations! The dress looked perfect. I can't imagine a more beautiful place to do a vow renewal.

Did you still do just the carryon? I know you were trying to figure out a way to keep some things in LA...

We checked one of the bags as we decided to bring our preferred brand of sunscreen rather than buying something there. If it hadn't been for the sunscreen we could have easily done carry on. I did end up leaving the two bottles of wine I needed on my return to LA with one of the people we were getting together with for the wine dinner, so that worked out well.

Great pictures ! Congratulations !

I spent three weeks in the polynesian islands several years ago and the people are very laid back . One time we came to breakfast and the bacon was raw . I love the flowers there . We had an over water bungalow and every day it would be decorated with beautiful flowers .

Great pictures ! Congratulations !

I spent three weeks in the polynesian islands several years ago and the people are very laid back . One time we came to breakfast and the bacon was raw . I love the flowers there . We had an over water bungalow and every day it would be decorated with beautiful flowers .

Thanks!

Yes, the people were laid back--at times to a fault (like the raw bacon!)