up grades for Air Tahiti charters

Hawaiidan

We were quoted $4998.00 pp for Business upgrade. Don't know if it was ATN.

Regular Business fare on ATN LAX to PPT is $1861 each way and coach is $718

I was thinking that's a difference of $1143 each way.. That's only $3722 rt $1300 cheaper that the $5000... must be on Air France.

I know that ATN offers an $800 I think, stand by upgrade day of departure. I am hoping for a $800 offer through Oceana charters

Regular Business fare on ATN LAX to PPT is $1861 each way and coach is $718

I was thinking that's a difference of $1143 each way.. That's only $3722 rt $1300 cheaper that the $5000... must be on Air France.

I know that ATN offers an $800 I think, stand by upgrade day of departure. I am hoping for a $800 offer through Oceana charters

Hawaiidan, you are talking apples and oranges. Your fare is only from LA to Tahiti. The quote you received from barlyridge is for a flight from any of the Oceania Gateways round trip to Tahiti and may include First Class domestic flights. Remember, prices are NOT based on the Gateway, they are the same for all whether one flies from LA or New York or Miami or Hawaii.

In your case, considering coach is already included, the best and logical approach would be to buy your own Business ticket for the $3722 and take the Oceania credit which should be between $500 and $1000 and you pay less that waiting for the $800 upgrade which is highly doubtful.

Before you upgrade, make sure you are getting a good business class experience.....flat-bed seats as opposed to bigger ones that just recline. We did Tahiti last year. The charter one way and Air Tahiti Nui the other...Oceania's arrangements. Some who upgraded were disappointed.

Haw anyone flying LAX to PPT on a chartered Air Tahiti plane been quoted the charge for an up-grade to business?

If so what was it?

Hi, I am on the same flight as you and Oceania quoted me $1369.00 one way on ATN to upgrade to business. I knew that U.S customers were offered it for $800.0, but try as I might I could not get the same price !!! U.K customers have to pay more!!! .

I would have taken it for $800,00 ,Second class customers pay more !!! My usual beef !!!!

Hi, I am on the same flight as you and Oceania quoted me $1369.00 one way on ATN to upgrade to business. I knew that U.S customers were offered it for $800.0, but try as I might I could not get the same price !!! U.K customers have to pay more!!! .

I would have taken it for $800,00 ,Second class customers pay more !!! My usual beef !!!!

I was thinking it was $800 which is half the price of Hawaii to Tahiti on second rate Hawaiian air( $1670) This way I can fly the 4.5 hour Hawaii to LAX which is domestic in coach and then do the 8.5 hour in Business.

Have you looked at the prices on Qantas? They use the same plane as ATN. Currently the price for one way business on ATN is showing as $3613 compared to Qantas at $2878 for a date in April (don't know when you're travelling). As we are going earlier than the cruise we decided to take the air credit and arrange our own flights. Did you book from the UK?

I think because your in the UK and bought your upgrade there they have to charge you VAt, and all sorts of other taxes. As an example if I fly on even a free ticket from London the UK charges me over $330.00 tax ...to fly back to the US ! and it is not counting VAT if I purchased it or got it in UK.. even more $$$$$$$ or Quid

I think because your in the UK and bought your upgrade there they have to charge you VAt, and all sorts of other taxes. As an example if I fly on even a free ticket from London the UK charges me over $330.00 tax ...to fly back to the US ! and it is not counting VAT if I purchased it or got it in UK.. even more $$$$$$$ or Quid

While you may or may not be correct about VAT on a purchased ticket from the UK, the amount you paid for your free ticket was NOT VAT, it was an excise tax that the UK puts on all tickets not based on purchase price but, on the size of the plane or number of passengers. It even differentiates between coach and Business/First Class seats.

Take a look at the following link for the costs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Passenger_Duty

While you may or may not be correct about VAT on a purchased ticket from the UK, the amount you paid for your free ticket was NOT VAT, it was an excise tax that the UK puts on all tickets not based on purchase price but, on the size of the plane or number of passengers. It even differentiates between coach and Business/First Class seats.

Take a look at the following link for the costs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Passenger_Duty

UK has too many taxes and fees to even contmeplate... even annual TV and radio licence fees...

My ticket to Hong Kong from US charges a whopping $29 tax in comparison

Moral. dint buy in UK...

Just as a point of clarification, the $800 upgrade was a promo and never offered on the Islands and Incas itinerary. The cruise initially sold out so quickly, there was no need to offer the upgrade incentive.

In other instances, non-US passengers booking a number of cruise lines often seem to be given less opportunity for a good deal.

British Airways website:

Air travel is not subject to VAT, therefore British Airways does not issue any VAT receipts.

UK has too many taxes and fees to even contmeplate... even annual TV and radio licence fees...

Moral. dint buy in UK...

Radio licence fees ended in 1971.

Who at Oceania did you speak to and when? Help can you find out !!

Dan

Moral. dint buy in UK...

Our TV licence fee covers so much, and most of the UK population opt for free to view services, and paying for the TV licence is cheaper than paying for satellite or cable.....the licence fee funds the BBC which gives us two main TV networks, one of which has regional news opt outs in 20 odd English regions, and more appropriate programming/news in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, another 3 entertainment networks (one artsy, one youth, one childrens), programming for minority language networks BBC Alba in Scotland and S4C in Wales, a 24 hour UK news network. Add to that ten national radio stations, 40 local radio stations, and another 2 each in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales......NONE of which have any commercials or adverts on them at any time, so no irritating breaks every ten minutes

The £145 annual fee allows access to all of the above, in HD where available, and all commercial free to air TV and radio, including another 3 national TV networks. Unless you want to pay a satellite or cable operator for extra programming e.g. Sport or movies there is no need to pay for anything else. The licence fee certainly is not viewed as a tax by most that pay it, and for the equivalent of $18 a month most Of my compatriots will agree that we get fantastic value for money.........

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Dan,

There was no $800 promotional upgrade offer for our specific itinerary. End of story

Maureen

Not so according to Roger from UK/ Were it not for his input for the same flights/cruise where he was offered a Up grade for $1300 and took it.

Second I was told by Oceaina air dept to have my agent call because yes they will be offering the option.

Thats why I am still chasing it down

my TA was quoted $2400 one-way earlier today directly from Oceania. He has never steered me wrong so I'm accepting his information as correct.

Just let you know as I stated earlier I have booked the Oceania flight from Papetee with an option to upgrade for £860.00 = $1330.00, the fight might have sold out the business class by now as this was about 6 weeks ago. Happy to forward email to your T.A

After researching this I discovered that Yes Oceania offered this but only for the April 5 cruise , Circle Tahiti which finished April19. The confusion thus arose that the April 19 flight was covered.

Well it was, I found out but for those departing April 19 FROM PPT not Arriving ! Even though it is the same plane/charter that people arriving in Tahiti will use the same day.

This makes no sense to me to offer only one leg of a 2 leg charter for up grade... but may be Air Tahiti wants to reserve their business class for full fare folks and Oceania is only chartering a portion of the aircraft for LAX-PPT and chartering the full plane for the return. That's my guess

I got a $ 2999 up grade offer from Hawaii via LAX to PPT.

Oh well....It sounded like there was a chance.... and maybe there still might be other avenues... Hope springs eternal...I have 8 months to work on it.

Archived