Coffee card Princess web site price vs deal onboard

Sailingpeace

Did they redo the buffet on the Island as they did on the Coral? If so, there would now be a dedicated coffee bar there too.

I think the Island will get the updates next year. I didn't use the Island's HC bar so I'm unaware if specialty coffee drinks were available there.

Hmmmm. So my B2B2B cruises (totalling 11 days) were not booked as one cruise. They were booked at the same time, show as linked on the statement from my Travel Agent, but have 3 booking numbers.

I like the specialty coffees on occcasion, my husband likes the brewed only, so if it is only for the specific booking number that would mean only for 3 days for the brewed.

If it was a 14 day cruise he could get his brewed using the one card and I could get a specialty coffee after dinner each day, so am really hoping they will let it carry over for all 3 cruises? Has anyone had that exact situation and if so, how did you handle it?

Hmmmm. So my B2B2B cruises (totalling 11 days) were not booked as one cruise. They were booked at the same time, show as linked on the statement from my Travel Agent, but have 3 booking numbers.

I like the specialty coffees on occcasion, my husband likes the brewed only, so if it is only for the specific booking number that would mean only for 3 days for the brewed.

If it was a 14 day cruise he could get his brewed using the one card and I could get a specialty coffee after dinner each day, so am really hoping they will let it carry over for all 3 cruises? Has anyone had that exact situation and if so, how did you handle it?

When buying it speak to the person you buy it from. i would go to where ithe coffee is sold so they know you as well. On our 14 day our cruise cards were for individual weeks and we were able to do so. When we got the card, they didn't put a sail date on the card. You can ask about that. In the end you most likely will buy one anyway if you're using for specialty I don't think you will have a problem though or talk to a supervisor if so.

...so am really hoping they will let it carry over for all 3 cruises? Has anyone had that exact situation and if so, how did you handle it?

In July we were booked as a 14 day cruise which was available as two b2b cruises. My experience has been that in such situations everything is treated as 2 separate cruises (folio balance, unused Internet minutes & OBC rollover to the next cruise) & the coffee cards are suppose to have the single cruise number. I kept my receipt in case getting brewed coffee on the next segment was an issue but it never was a problem for brewed coffee & I just showed them my card.

I have never noticed a Silver Coloured Coffee mug and I have been purchasing coffee cards since 2002.Might buy one for my many lattes:)

Yes, they have had them. In fact, a few yrs ago there was a coupon in the coupon book for a free coffee mug with the purchase of a coffee card.

Yes, they have had them. In fact, a few yrs ago there was a coupon in the coupon book for a free coffee mug with the purchase of a coffee card.

I am so used to canning the coupon book !:oI will have to start treating it with respect methinks.

I have never noticed a Silver Coloured Coffee mug and I have been purchasing coffee cards since 2002.Might buy one for my many lattes:)

They had a tall aluminum traveler's cup that you could get with a coupon when you bought the card. They stopped offering that deal in early 2012. We could have gotten it on our Dec 2011 cruise, but could not get it in April 2012.

They had a tall aluminum traveler's cup that you could get with a coupon when you bought the card. They stopped offering that deal in early 2012. We could have gotten it on our Dec 2011 cruise, but could not get it in April 2012.

On the Coral in July the mugs were not displayed but when purchasing a coffee card was $5 or $7.50 without buying a card. The mugs were not promoted but were available.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On the Coral in July the mugs were not displayed but when purchasing a coffee card was $5 or $7.50 without buying a card. The mugs were not promoted but were available.

Yes, they still do that and you can even buy the cup in the gift shop. But I'm talking about a promo they had in 2011 where it was a free bonus with the purchase of a coffee card. We passed on getting a coffee card for our 7 day Carib. cruise in Dec 2011, and thought we'd still be able to get the bonus cup on our longer Apr 2012 TA. But Princess had already stopped including that offer in the coupon book. Oh well. No biggie. :)

Edited by tothemall&beyond

But don't you have to pay California tax on top of the $31 if you buy the card pre-cruise?

I've never heard of anyone being charged a sales tax for on line purchases. You don't pay Florida sales tax either, unless you buy the card on board before the ship sails.

I've never heard of anyone being charged a sales tax for on line purchases. You don't pay Florida sales tax either, unless you buy the card on board before the ship sails.

I wasn't aware that FL sales tax was added before sailing. On a RCI cruise from NOLA they added LA sales tax until nearly midnight & in the Gulf of Mexico.

No sales tax online. It may have to do with living in the state where the sales tax is collected for online/phone just like other items. Like they say sales tax if you live in xxxx state. Who knows, but when we bought the coffee card, no sales tax unless somehow it is already included.

thought we'd still be able to get the bonus cup on our longer Apr 2012 TA. But Princess had already stopped including that offer in the coupon book.

Anytime Princess discovers that a coupon is actually useful, it is discontinued.

That is why you no longer see the bonus cup coupon, but still can get a coupon for 10% off on a cubic zirconia purchase of $150 or more.

Edited by caribill

The coffee cards now have a space on the back where the staff writes the cruise number. The punches are good indefinately until used up, but now they say the free brewed coffee with the card is only good on the original sailing. Loved the comment about the small discount off a $150 CZ purchase, BTW :)

The coffee cards now have a space on the back where the staff writes the cruise number. The punches are good indefinately until used up, but now they say the free brewed coffee with the card is only good on the original sailing. Loved the comment about the small discount off a $150 CZ purchase, BTW :)

This is true. But the punches are good until all are used up.