Coffee card Princess web site price vs deal onboard

Sailingpeace

I called Princess yesterday and "gifted" ourselves four coffee cards for our upcoming cruise. Price was $31 each for a total of $124, no taxes (we're in Arizona) or gratuities. Paid by credit card at the time of purchase.

Gratuities and tax is never added to an online purchase. Drink hearty. :D

Gratuities and tax is never added to an online purchase. Drink hearty. :D

Never added, but sometimes the gratuity is already included in the price.

For example, the Unlimited Soda Package (aka soda card/sticker) is $4.50 on board + 15% gratuity for a total of $5.18/day.

The online pre-cruise purchase is priced at $5.18/day.

Edited by caribill

Never added, but sometimes the gratuity is already included in the price.

For example, the Unlimited Soda Package (aka soda card/sticker) is $4.50 on board + 15% gratuity for a total of $5.18/day.

The online pre-cruise purchase is priced at $5.18/day.

Bill, why must you always be so technical? This was about the coffee card, not the soda sticker.

• 1 month later...

It appears the coffee discussion had died down, but I have a related questions. Does anyone know the average price of a specialty coffee? I'm trying to figure out if buying the card would be a good deal for me since I usually don't drink more than one coffee per day.

Can anyone tell me if I buy my coffee card on the first of 3 B2B2B cruises (totalling 11 days) if the brewed coffee portion is good for all three cruises, or just the first one. I know the punches are good until they are gone but I wonder about the "free" brewed option.

We did a B2B on the Grand last year. We booked it as one 14 day cruise, although it could be done as 7 days as well. DH and I both bought the coffee cards. On the first day of the second leg we went to the IC and asked for 2 cups of brewed coffee. The server said we could not get that as our cards were only for the first 7 days. We argued that we had bought the cruise as one 14 day, not two 7 days, and therefore we felt we should be able to use our cards for the entire cruise. He went off to check with someone, and when he came back he said that we were able to continue using our cards.

We still have a few punches on our cards so we will take them with us in March on the Emerald. We will buy new cards as well so we can get the brewed coffee and teas.

It appears the coffee discussion had died down, but I have a related questions. Does anyone know the average price of a specialty coffee? I'm trying to figure out if buying the card would be a good deal for me since I usually don't drink more than one coffee per day.

I can't remember exactly but I think the specialty coffees were quite reasonable, in the neighbourhood if $2.75 - $3.00 each. I thought they were lots cheaper than in land based coffee places, like Starbucks, who I think overcharges like crazy for everything.

Hi. Just to let you know what actually happened with our b2b2b. We purchased the coffee card on board and were assured that the entire 11 days would be covered. They did put a number on the back of the card - the 'voyage number'. On the second of our 3 cruises a server did question it but when we explained what we were told he just put the current voyage number on the back and served us. From then on they were getting to recognize us and sometimes did nothing more than glance at the front of the card if my husband was just getting brewed coffee. I used the card less often, for specialty coffees, a couple of times I had tea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

If you order your coffee card ahead of time (via the internet) where do you pick it up once you board ship? Will they have it in your room or behind the counter at the IC?

We ordered ours before the cruise. If I remember correctly, there was a confirmation slip for the purchase waiting in our cabin, and we had to take it to the IC to receive the card.

They do not punch the card for brewed coffee or for tea, as long as the card you are using is for that particular cruise. I.e. you can use a card that has punches left on a subsequent cruise, but then they will punch for brewed coffee, tea, or specialty coffees. Hope that is clear. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Now that I've decided to buy the coffee card I can't find it on Princess' website. Does anyone remember where the option is to purchase one?

Also, thanks to everyone who posted the prices of the coffees.

On the Princess website go to:

"Booked Passengers"

"Gifts and Services"

"Princess Cellar and Culinary Delights"

"Princess Cellar"

and it is all the way at the bottom. Item #542

OR, to make it easier here's the link :D

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

I called Princess and purchased the card over the phone..quick and easy and was sent a confirmation e-mail in just a minute or so:)

Now that I've decided to buy the coffee card I can't find it on Princess' website. Does anyone remember where the option is to purchase one?

Also, thanks to everyone who posted the prices of the coffees.

I've heard that the brewed coffee is made from a concentrate and isn't very good. Is this true? If so, then can the coffee card be used in the dinning room for after dinner specialty coffees or does one have to go to the IC?

First time on Princess, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I've heard that the brewed coffee is made from a concentrate and isn't very good. Is this true?

The free coffee anywhere onboard is made from concentrate & the brewed coffee in the IC is made using ground coffee in a coffee machine like at a restaurant.

The free coffee on the Royal Princess is made from ground coffee & was much better. :) I only got coffee at the IC when wanting it to go in a paper cup. The free coffee machines dispensed coffee by pushing a button like on other ships but the clear storage container on top had ground coffee to brew coffee.