3rd and 4th passenger rates

Hi all!

I was just pursuing the Royal Caribbean website looking to book a much needed and anticipated Royal Caribbean cruise. Much to my surprise, I noticed that RC doesn't discount the 3rd and 4th passenger rates like most other cruise lines. I've only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise that I loved so much, but I don't remember paying full price for everyone in my cabin.

Is this a new policy, or are there occasional sales to be had?

Cruzin' Daddy

I am looking at the Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston, TX. Specifically the June 1 - June 8, 2014 sailing. The price for 4 in an ocean view (160 sqft) came out to be exactly $931 and some change a piece. This was for 2 adults and two kids (ages 4 and 1).

I've never seen a cruise where the rate was the same for all passengers....especially a regular Western Caribbean cruise in June! I wonder why so high????

I am looking at the Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston' date=' TX. Specifically the June 1 - June 8, 2014 sailing. The price for 4 in an ocean view (160 sqft) came out to be exactly $931 and some change a piece. This was for 2 adults and two kids (ages 4 and 1).

I've never seen a cruise where the rate was the same for all passengers....especially a regular Western Caribbean cruise in June! I wonder why so high????[/quote']

You are correct that an I category OV came up the same price for 3/4 as for 1/2.

No other categories, though.

The good news is that you can get a pair of cabins for the same price! Two cabins, two bathrooms, two TVs, two closets.

Heaven!

That category has no connecting cabins, but there are several pairs of adjacent cabins available:

2294 & 2296

2306 & 2308

2590 & 2592

2596 & 2598

I'd pick 2306 & 2308.

:)

ETA: That week is cheaper than the one before or the one after.

I think you will find that times when families are likely to be traveling together (summer months, Thanksgiving, Christmas) the third and fourth person rates are fairly high. The last time we took the tribe out on the Freedom the third a fourth rates were about 85% of the first and second persons. At other times and itineraries I have seen the 3/4 rates at a substantial savings. Just demand driven.

Hi all!

I was just pursuing the Royal Caribbean website looking to book a much needed and anticipated Royal Caribbean cruise. Much to my surprise' date=' I noticed that RC doesn't discount the 3rd and 4th passenger rates like most other cruise lines. I've only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise that I loved so much, but I don't remember paying full price for everyone in my cabin.

Is this a new policy, or are there occasional sales to be had? Cruzin' Daddy[/quote']

I often wondered why people would book 1 cabin for 4 people when the prices are sometimes the same here is a cost cutting measure you may not have thought of though if you are enjoy adult beverages then book one child with you and the other with the wife since the child isn't 21 you would only be charged for 1 adult beverage package but make sure you have adjoining rooms and that is assuming your wife or you doesn't drink or drink much

Hi all!

I was just pursuing the Royal Caribbean website looking to book a much needed and anticipated Royal Caribbean cruise. Much to my surprise' date=' I noticed that RC doesn't discount the 3rd and 4th passenger rates like most other cruise lines. I've only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise that I loved so much, but I don't remember paying full price for everyone in my cabin.

Is this a new policy, or are there occasional sales to be had?

Cruzin' Daddy[/quote']

Lately, occasional sales are pretty rare.

Discounts were greater during the GFC, but now times are good and they're less keen/in need to fill up the extra spaces.

Keep looking. Remember, it's all about supply and demand. The sailing you were looking at may have a very limited number of rooms available that hold more than 2 or may be trying to avoid people bulking into cabins at this time.

You will spot a sailing with better deals. Keep in mind too that sometimes it varies by category within a specific sailing. I've seen on occasion as low as $199 for the 3rd and 4th guest, although this is rare. More often I see $399 for the 3rd and 4th (this is what we scored back in May on a Jr Suite!). Looking at Allure/Oasis I'm moreso seeing $749-949 for the 3rd/4th on the sailings I had looked at.

See where I'm going with this? It requires a bit of time and searching to sometimes find the better deal.

Judy

Archived