Dec. 7 South Carib 7 day cheap

oratheeexplorer

Noticed that the 7 day southern caribbean on Dec. 7th is really cheap....especially inside cabins.....just wondering what the weather is like then in the southern caribbean....if that is a factor of why it is so reasonable....or is this just an odd time for people to cruise and they are having a hard time filling it?

I've taken several Christmas cruises and the weather has been great. Water temps in Bahamas is a little cooler, but Southern Caribbean is great. Probably just a slow time between holidays.

Noticed that the 7 day southern caribbean on Dec. 7th is really cheap....especially inside cabins.....just wondering what the weather is like then in the southern caribbean....if that is a factor of why it is so reasonable....or is this just an odd time for people to cruise and they are having a hard time filling it?

I find that beginning of December and beginning of January you can have some good deals. Some people don't want to holiday just after thanksgiving and christmas.

The first two weeks of December is cheap time for cruises out of Florida. We're taking one on the 14th.

A great time to go as hurricane season is technically over the end of Nov.

It's a nice break before winter sets in and the weather s/b fine.

We who live here in South Florida, never even think of hurricanes. Just like those living in California who don't sit around thinking about earthquakes. We just book our cruises and expect the weather will be perfect. :)

Between Thanksgiving and Xmased most people are concentrating on preparing for the holidays and are not cruising. Thus the low pricing you are seeing. Same for many Princess cruises and cruises on other lines.

In January there is also a lull as people are "recovering" from the holidays.

Another good pricing time is in September after kids are back in school.

We like the early December cruises in the Caribbean. Hurricane season is over and the weather has always been great. The lower price is because there are fewer folks cruising right before the holidays and VERY FEW children. You will find the ships decorated for the holidays.

A mini suite is $1299 definitely not a bargain. Inside cabins are least desirable and there is trouble filling them up so they have to discount those.

I don't care where my room is located as long as I can be on a cruise. The only time I really spend in the room is to sleep. So insides are perfect for our family

I don't care where my room is located as long as I can be on a cruise. The only time I really spend in the room is to sleep. So insides are perfect for our family

We've had balcony rooms for the 3 cruises we have been on so I got spoiled from the beginning....but....the prices for the inside cabins on this particular cruise are pretty darn cheap and I don't think I would mind an inside room for next to nothing (after our credit from Princess VISA points)....but that's just a hard time to be gone with Christmas coming, etc.....

I had previously considered booking the Crown Princess sailing a week later (December 14th Eastern Caribbean) but ultimately I found that I could do 10 days on the Emerald Princess for not much more and get free gratuities thrown in on the promo they had back in June, and ended up doing that instead. I think there's limited availability on that sailing now, but it was quite a good deal for a 10-day cruise.

You are the target audience for them to fill the inside cabins. Most people prefer oceanview or higher, that's why they reduce the inside cabin prices. Many ships are building all balcony cabins, no ocean views because that's what sells first. Enjoy your really great price and enjoy the cruise.

Archived