Serenade of the Seas - Aft Question

The aft facing staterooms tend to be larger within each category than other locations and the balconies are definitely larger. (Except with certain "hump" locations). The best way to decide your preferred location would be to go to the RCI website under Plan a cruise / Ships / Serenade / Deck plans and look there. The relative balcony sizes are fairly accurately depicted for each category and stateroom located in the aft facing areas.

Hi,

I have had both of these cabins. The center ones are very long front to back.

Lots of walking around space. The corner ones are long side to side and have a kind on hard to get to side. But you and also get a little sideways view.

I have the corner booked next month 8168.

I put in some pictures, hope this helps.

Either way the are both great. Love the Aft cabins.

100_2935.jpg.7b242c44b4171e56f3a93046fb6b757b.jpg

100_2958.jpg.07dcec514de89cdbb317356b7929defe.jpg

100_2959.jpg.efff3e42dc520f84ecf1e46edb0c88d8.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg.2ddd2247e30ccc0f733bb0acd2e35b12.jpg

On Serenade, the corner balcony shapes vary somewhat according to the deck. Think "quarter of a pie" shape. I would look at deck plans to see the relative size and shape. I prefer corner aft myself. They are a little hard to get. You do have views to back and side. You can also have more sun or wind on the corner, but usually you can move your chairs to suit your needs. The middle stern facing balconies are deeper, much less windy, more private and more quiet. If you plan to get sun in a middle stern balcony, it will depend on your direction, and you may have to time it or get closer to the rail - you are visible close to the rail. I love the unobstructed aft views on the Radiance class ships - love the sunrises, sunsets and the wake!

Love, love, love the aft balconies!!! One note though, we have never had to pay extra for them...they have been the same price as any other D1 (or whatever the category is) on the ship.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No soot on Radiance class ships. The cabin size is the same as any other cabin in the same catagory. Those aft balconies on this class ships are fabulous!

Not quite "no" soot, since they have put "booster" diesel engines in to supplement the gas turbine ones. We saw just a scootch of soot on Brilliance (1100) during our TA. But nothing to get excited about.:)

Archived