GS 1548 Freedom

Definitely not. See how 1548 is RIGHT by the elevator? Whirlpool is further aft.

It's even further than the diagrams show. We were in 1268 and the tub was completely over 1264 and partially over 1260.

Don't worry - your cabin is not under the whirlpool. I just got off Freedom and was in 1560 with my son & his family in 1564. His balcony was completely under the whirlpool while half of mine was. So you'll be fine.

FWIW, it wasn't bad at all to be under the whirlpool since that gave us some shade and didn't really block any view. What was more annoying was the blue tint to the plastic "wall" on the balcony. Mine was half blue and half clear, and I really made it a point to sit where the clear view was. But even that was a minor detail, all things considered.

Oh, if anybody is getting these rooms you should know the wall between the balconies is solid metal and can not be opened. I assume that's to support the weight of the whirlpool.

I just realized the deck plan another poster included is a little misleading - it makes it look like 1556 and 1560 are under the whirlpool, when it's actually 1564 completely under it and 1560 partly under it. I don't know about 1568 or 1572.

We were just in GS 1552 on FOS (August 18-25). We did not hear any whirpool noise, but we definitely heard scraping from the pool chairs and tables starting around 6:30a every day. It wasn't horrible, and it wasn't nonstop -- but it was enough to wake us up.

Archived