Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

I'm guessing they'll announce that the Carnival Vista will be based in New York to compete with Norwegian Breakaway and RCL Quantum of the Seas. :)

If they were to compete, they'd have to create a new line, like Carnival Gold, Carnival of Old, or Carnival Premium.

How is this good news for the cruiser?

As I understand it the original pre-announcement was directed solely to TA's. Now we know why. (I do not recall seeing anything that suggested that this would be good news for all cruisers, other than the speculation that occurred here.)

As I understand it the original pre-announcement was directed solely to TA's. Now we know why. (I do not recall seeing anything that suggested that this would be good news for all cruisers, other than the speculation that occurred here.)

This. No one ever said it was going to be for the public and it was announced only to TA's so it makes sense that it is something for TA's.

It isn't good at all for the cruiser. This just means the ships will be filling up with TA's making rooms harder to come by. Crud, I was hoping for something a lot better than that :(

inside cabins on the lowest most forward cabins. No FTTF available for them. if they like it, they can sell it

CRAP! Don't like that!

There goes my chance of trying to get a last minute upgrade at a bargain price. Now a TA will get one of the suites remaining on my cruise!

And the travel agents will still bad mouth Carnival!! Even back when you had to book a cruise thru a travel agent they use to try and discourage people from cruising Carnival. I know this because I went thru several travel agents in the 80's and early 90's trying to find one that would book Carnival. I was so happy when Carnival started letting everyone book their own cruise directly thru them.

True.

I just think this is so lame though.

Instead of trying a new approach, listening to passengers and trying to make a few tweaks to entice people to cruise the line, they are now bribing the TA's to encourage their customers to book with CCL.

Seriously????:rolleyes:

I can't imagine the confusion some (who use a TA) will feel when they talk to a TA who once did everything possible to discourage booking with CCL, now has done a 180.......

Does this include PVP's? I hope not because I don't want a million calls from several different ones. Mine has dropped off the face of the earth and I keep getting calls from others. I just want ONE and I don't know how to make sure they are a good one :confused:

Archived