Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

Firstly, this is one of the rare times where I literally read ALL THE PAGES in this thread.

It has been a total hoot! Lots of comedy, thanks guys! I mean that sincerely. Really funny.

To the PP about the dogs on board, sign me up! If I could keep them in a designated area (like a 'cruise kennel' shall we say), it would be THE BEST! They are 'fake grass potty patch' trained too! *Sighs* Alas, I know it is not to be had. Really funny though. I would love that and my husband would say I'm a crazy person.

To the PPs about the MDR service, that is my number one unhappy complaint this year was scaling back the servers and turning them into mean, tired, overworked, overwhelmed Hulks who I was afraid to ask anything from. (And hardly got when I did.) I could even live with the old menus. I just want to get my food, that's all.

All the other sarcastic and funny posts totally cracked me up. That is seriously funny!

But all the cruise lines dropping balcony smoking makes me wonder if from an insurance liability scope, it's getting more and more difficult to cover it. I don't think it's just a 'my balcony stinks!' complaint thing. I think RCI was thrilled to have the unhappy DCL people coming over...and wala, they turn it off too. I think it's going to be a trend. You just can't police what people do 24/7 with the matches, lighters and lit butts and at least in designated areas, you can have a measure of control as to how they are disposed of. That's just my two cents.

I seriously WOULD NOT be surprised if CCL had to adjust their policy, and if they did, I think it would be very much under duress.

Keep funnies coming!

Very true! Carnival IMO is a starter cruise. Go on a few Carnivals then you move to a more expensive brand. I stick with Carnival because I'm fairly young, 31, and still like party a bit. I will be on my 12th Carnival cruise and 14th overall in less then a month. Can't wait.

Pretty much. For the young(ish) or young at heart. Either adapt to the changes or move on. You can't live in the past. No excuses needed.

If CCL announces a no smoking policy on balcony's just like RCI did yesterday, then DW and I have probably completed our last cruise.:(

Platinum on both lines. Had fun while it lasted.

I totally agree!! I quit going to Disney because of the miserable "smoking areas" they set up for the smokers

Very true! Carnival IMO is a starter cruise. Go on a few Carnivals then you move to a more expensive brand. I stick with Carnival because I'm fairly young, 31, and still like party a bit. I will be on my 12th Carnival cruise and 14th overall in less then a month. Can't wait.

My starter cruise was on Royal Caribbean, then Holland America, then we moved to Princess. Wasn't til our fifth cruise that we discovered Carnival.

Not to lecture, but I stopped smoking due to cancer many years ago...........I saved my life and saved my smoking money. We just did a 49 day South American cruise from LA around the Horn to NYC with the smoking money!!!:) Best decision I ever made besides marrying my DH 44 years ago.

It is your cruise

It is your life

It is your money

But I am here to post this.....Happy sails everyone!!:D

Not to lecture, but I stopped smoking due to cancer many years ago...........I saved my life and saved my smoking money. We just did a 49 day South American cruise from LA around the Horn to NYC with the smoking money!!!:) Best decision I ever made besides marrying my DH 44 years ago.

It is your cruise

It is your life

It is your money

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful!

It is your cruise

It is your life

It is your money

Congrats on the ciggy fund cruise.

That is a real accomplishment.

It is your cruise

It is your life

It is your money

Way cool. Been trying to convince my son that he could cruise every year on the money he spends on cigarettes. Sad to have that addiction.

Why? What is your complaint against early saver? My OBC from early saver price drops has paid for all my shopping and pics on every cruise. Why would you want to get rid of that?????

I asked the same thing a few posts back. I am thinking he/she is a travel agent and thus does not like the early saver.

I sure hope this isn't the big announcement. Even though I could see them making some changes to it - such as not having it available on all the cruises or for as long as before.

Is this "big announcement" the news that got released yesterday where Carnival is the first cruise line to install "scrubbers" in the smoke stacks to eliminate some of the carbon going into the air? Cost of about $100 million they said. Not a big deal to some, but I say good job and way to finally step up and help protect the environment more!!

Is this "big announcement" the news that got released yesterday where Carnival is the first cruise line to install "scrubbers" in the smoke stacks to eliminate some of the carbon going into the air? Cost of about $100 million they said. Not a big deal to some, but I say good job and way to finally step up and help protect the environment more!!

Depends on the mechanics of the scrubber...most scrubber systems merely transfer it to a water media and could possibly go to the ocean.

Sorry, had to chime in on the StarGate love also. Off topic I know, but irresistible!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

My son and I always comment how much we miss that show. (I do have all the seasons on DVD and we have talked about having an SG-1 marathon - pick a disc, watch an episode, eject, repeat. Maybe the next time his wife goes away for the weekend.) We are huge sci fi geeks. We even love those really bad Saturday night movies on SyFy. Sharknado rocked!!!!

StargateFan (also a fan here!), if elliair doesn't come back for that hat, let me know. I WANT IT! :D I love fun hats.

:D

Elliair and I are trying to connect to trade my hat for his/her Tervis Tumbler.

We are sailing Breeze next month. I wonder if there will be a new "brilliant" Platinum gift available? We do not want hats. We do not wear hats. We will take more Tervis Tumblers, though.

Heard the new announcement was that they are bringing back brochures.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I guess we'll all find out tomorrow.

The fact that this pre-announcement was sent to TA's indicates, to at least me, that the current fare structure will be revamped to be far less complicated.

Further, I believe Carnival will try to get back into independent TA's "good books".

I also fear that this will be the end of "early saver" at least how we know it.

Stay tuned...

Archived