Call Us for Prices and Availability

sail7seas

I was looking at the 14 day Maasdam in June. My PCC told me it was booked full. While on the Veendam the future cruise consultant told me they were cancelled. If cancelled why are they still online? If full how was I able to book it as a B2B? I suspect that they will open up after the explore 4 program ends ( I got hat promo on the B2B). Of course if the price is better on the 14 day, if they open up, then I will change my reservation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Doubt it.

I have seen that for a couple of our cruises and within a couple of weeks -- everything was open.

It is still early for August 2014 charters to happen.

And I have never seen a charter for Canada/New England cruises.

That's why I asked.

It seemed very odd to me it would be a full charter for Collectors Canada/NE.

I'll wait and check back later.

Thanks.

I was looking at the 14 day Maasdam in June. My PCC told me it was booked full. While on the Veendam the future cruise consultant told me they were cancelled. If cancelled why are they still online? If full how was I able to book it as a B2B? I suspect that they will open up after the explore 4 program ends ( I got hat promo on the B2B). Of course if the price is better on the 14 day, if they open up, then I will change my reservation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think you're right.

It could be the Explore4 business.

Good for you getting Explore4 program b-to-b.

Enjoy.

That's a great cruise.

For about 2 months my Panama Canal cruise for next April was showing like that. Now it's available again for about $1000 more than what I booked at. Explore4 is not available on that cruise. While it was showing as call I heard every explanation under the sun.

I don't want the cruise so badly I'll bother calling.

Either it will show available again...... or not.

I was 'browsing'. If it had been available and easy, I might have booked it but that's okay. It's a year away.... :)

I was looking at a cruise for August, 2014.

The entire ship shows "Call Us for Prices........"

You think it's a full charter for 14 days, Canada/NE?

Doesn't seem likely but maybe?

Sail, I actually agree that it most likely is being Chartered. I have heard there will be quite a few Charters for next Summer doing Canada New England, they leave that at Call for availability till the actual contract has been signed by the company ding the Charter, that way they can attempt to sell you another sailing and or take you name that you are interested if the contract falls through for the Charter. I am actually aware of some Charters in negotiations for early 2015 so definitely not too early.

I was looking at a cruise for August, 2014.

The entire ship shows "Call Us for Prices........"

You think it's a full charter for 14 days, Canada/NE?

Doesn't seem likely but maybe?

I'm booked on a 7 day for next August for Canada/NE. The 7 day portion shows that you can make an online res but if you look at it as the 14 day B2B it shows the call for prices message. I figured it was because the needed to be able to coordinate both parts of the cruise with the rooms that have already been booked for the 7 day period. It's just supposition though.

If some of the charters book some of the 7 day itineraries, that could make it very difficult for people to book the 14 day Collectors Cruises.

I don't like the sound of that.

But I do understand their reasoning for booking 7 day Canada/New England cruises instead of the Med -- easier to fly to Boston than to the Med.

Doubt it.

I have seen that for a couple of our cruises and within a couple of weeks -- everything was open.

It is still early for August 2014 charters to happen.

And I have never seen a charter for Canada/New England cruises.

We have! In fact we booked back2back July 2011 Canada/New England on Maasdam months in advance. About a month after booking, our TA called and said we'd been bumped from the 1st week because a corporation had purchased the entire ship for that week. HA was going to give us a $50 obc as a consolation. Since those were the only two weeks we could cruise that year, not to mention embarking & disembarking in Boston, I cancelled and booked just a 7-day to Bermuda on Veendam.

We're still trying to take that same back2back cruise but haven't been able to for various reasons.

We have done the Maasdam itinerary Boston to Montreal to Boston many times. We almost always book it a year in advance.

Sorry you got bumped from it.

Thanks, sail. We were bummed, as it seems a nice itinerary. Well, here's hoping a future Canada/New England cruise pans out at some point for us. DH really wants to return to Alaska, so that may be on the radar next.

I believe they sometimes have "Call for Availability" when they are holding some cabins specifically for those doing back to backs or Collectors Voyages, so they can get the same cabins on the combined itineraries.

You're right, Jade, but I was looking at some Maasdam sailings and it appears to be the opposite in this case.

They have cabins available for seven days Boston to Montreal and Montreal to Boston but not for round trip Boston for fourteen days. They don't seem to have yet declared any Collector's cruises for that time period/that ship.

You're right, Jade, but I was looking at some Maasdam sailings and it appears to be the opposite in this case.

They have cabins available for seven days Boston to Montreal and Montreal to Boston but not for round trip Boston for fourteen days. They don't seem to have yet declared any Collector's cruises for that time period/that ship.

Sail - A couple of years ago I was interested in that cruise you usually do on the Maasdam and I remember that it was not showing as a Collector's Cruise, only two 7-day cruises. I thought, oh well, I'll just book the 2 cruises. Then something else came up and I never followed through with my research to see if it was combined. I'm guessing it was for the 2012 season and that I was looking for it in 2011.

Archived