Concierge Lounge

LuvWilliam

OK I am super confused.....please excuse my ignorance , my DH and I are going on the Brilliance of the Seas this December. We have been on Royal Caribbean two other times but it has been a long time ago now.

What is the Concierge Club and how do you gain entrance to it. We are Platinum cruisers on Carnival but they do not have a "Private Club" to go to on board.

If anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me! Thanks. We will have a Balcony room in December on the Brilliance!

OK I am super confused.....please excuse my ignorance , my DH and I are going on the Brilliance of the Seas this December. We have been on Royal Caribbean two other times but it has been a long time ago now.

What is the Concierge Club and how do you gain entrance to it. We are Platinum cruisers on Carnival but they do not have a "Private Club" to go to on board.

If anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me! Thanks. We will have a Balcony room in December on the Brilliance!

The Concierge Club is available to those sailing in Grand Suites and above. It is also available for C&A members who are D+ and above. There are nightly cocktails and continental breakfast in the mornings. A Concierge is available for help with reservations, etc. Enjoy the Brilliance.

You are correct. Carnival has nothing like this. :D

You are correct. Carnival has nothing like this. :D

Yikes I felt that......zing right to the ribs LOL!!!! Carnival does have some really nice perks for those of us that are Platinum and Diamond cruisers. I guess all the lines have their certain PERKS that people like. Personally I just really love cruising weather I am Platinum or a newbie!!!!

where did you find a drink menu for the cl. with ben and jerry you should get access to the lounge free ice cream but no gold card like suite guests, we had this room last year and we have got it again this year. I am going to ask the concierge if we could have access to dining room next to the windjammer but im not optimistic we will be allowed in.

Here one from the Mariner.

061179b126dd42c540bfbfe4f1765e56_zpsd2e436f7.jpg

Did you tip the waiters every night when they brought you drinks or did you wait until the end of the cruise to do so? We have gotten our own drinks in the D lounge when nobody was available but in the CL.....

I'm doing my first GS next week and am not quite sure. We are D members, soon to be D+ and we always left a tip every evening. I've been hearing that mostly everyone waits until the "end" of the cruise to do so in the CL????? Thoughts are most appreciated. :confused:

Did you tip the waiters every night when they brought you drinks or did you wait until the end of the cruise to do so? We have gotten our own drinks in the D lounge when nobody was available but in the CL.....

I'm doing my first GS next week and am not quite sure. We are D members, soon to be D+ and we always left a tip every evening. I've been hearing that mostly everyone waits until the "end" of the cruise to do so in the CL????? Thoughts are most appreciated. :confused:

This is just my opinion, others disagree.

We always wait to the end of the cruise. We have found the waiters will remain the entire week. This gives us a sense who of who really deserves extra.

I've always (and this is my thought) considered early tipping to be more of a bribe than a tip. Some claim they receive better service by tipping with each drink. Maybe yes, maybe no In any case, I also don't want to be carrying around of stash of dollar bills and pulling them out each time I or Mrs. Yogimax is served. Much easier to give an envelope at the end of the week.

To the OP: I saw that you are booking the Ben & Jerry's SWEET Room to get access to the Concierge lounge. You need to double check that your ship allows that access; not all do.

I would hate for you to give up a balcony and then not be able to get into the lounge. Check out this post from an older thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34311039&postcount=3

Have seen a few tip per drink, but we also like to tip at the end of the cruise.

This is just my opinion, others disagree.

We always wait to the end of the cruise. We have found the waiters will remain the entire week. This gives us a sense who of who really deserves extra.

I've always (and this is my thought) considered early tipping to be more of a bribe than a tip. Some claim they receive better service by tipping with each drink. Maybe yes, maybe no In any case, I also don't want to be carrying around of stash of dollar bills and pulling them out each time I or Mrs. Yogimax is served. Much easier to give an envelope at the end of the week.

I respect your opinion but to me, tipping nightly as we are served drinks is far different from the "early tipping" that some guests claim gets them better service. We tip as we are served in the CL or DL since sometimes, but not all the time, the servers are switched out of those venues at some point during the cruise. We don't do that much drinking in those lounges that we need to carry around a "stash of dollar bills" and we don't necessarily tip each time we are served and to my mind, it is a bit easier than finding those servers on the final night of the cruise to give them an envelope. YMMV.

I respect your opinion but to me, tipping nightly as we are served drinks is far different from the "early tipping" that some guests claim gets them better service. We tip as we are served in the CL or DL since sometimes, but not all the time, the servers are switched out of those venues at some point during the cruise. We don't do that much drinking in those lounges that we need to carry around a "stash of dollar bills" and we don't necessarily tip each time we are served and to my mind, it is a bit easier than finding those servers on the final night of the cruise to give them an envelope. YMMV.

Ditto! We do tip nightly because servers often get moved or we go somewhere else for drinks and simply want to make sure they know we appreciate the job they do. Many in the CL never tip before, during or after the cruise according to many servers. This is one of the reasons they often dislike giving up there regular bar job (w/15% gratuity added) to rotate thru the CL. I don't blame them. I don't carry a stash of dollars but usually tip a 5 for the time we are there. JMHO.

I treat it as if I were drinking at a bar or nightclub back home, I wouldn't return to tip at the end of the night-- I'd be tipping per drink if it wasn't an open tab. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums