Prepaying Onboard Serv Chg

NW Pacific

Am ready to pay the $12 per day pp chg on-line through our NCL on line account. Anyone have issues with this once you get onboard- we sail in 25 days. Did read someone on the Gem had problems- wondering if this is normal- we will be on the Jewell- thanks in advance for any replies

Is there any advantage to prepaying?

To me the advantages are:

The billing is a different credit card billing period than the shipboard charges bill.

Helps me in budgeting.

The final bill is several pages shorter so much easier to check. Since the service charge is a daily one per person, for our last cruise of 33 days that meant 66 line items did not have to be annotated.

To OP, no problem. The charges will not show up. But to feel secure, take the invoice or amenity form that shows you paid them.

I have read that if requested services charges will be removed straight away on final bill on board the Spirit, hoping this is true as we have paid upfront.

It should not be necessary. The DSC entries on the bill will not show (IIRC) or will be contra-entried out. Take your Invoice with the prepayment recorded on it for just in case.

I have read that if requested services charges will be removed straight away on final bill on board the Spirit, hoping this is true as we have paid upfront.

Do you mean that you intend to have your services charges refunded regardless of the service you receive? Perhaps I have misunderstood your comment.

Do you mean that you intend to have your services charges refunded regardless of the service you receive? Perhaps I have misunderstood your comment.

We have already paid gratuities up front of 12 dollars per day for each person travelling, this I preferred to pay up front mainly for budgeting....this cost I will not be asking to be refunded regardless of service. I would prefer to pay additional tips from choice. Through reading several reviews other cruisers have done the same in paying ahead but then have found they have also been charged on board for gratuties. Apparently, if this happens then these tipping charges can be removed on request. I will be taking proof that I have already paid for gratuities.

So, I don't know, did you misread my post

:)

I have never had problems with being charged once again after prepaying. Just bring the confirmation letter with you.

Online at MY NCL it clearly shows that I have prepaid our service charges. I never got a confirmation letter though. When I try to print the page, all that comes out is our "vacation summary".

I got confirmation emails for our pre-paid dining and shore excursions.

Should I just email NCL for confirmation or not worry about it.

Thanks,

Tracy

Online at MY NCL it clearly shows that I have prepaid our service charges. I never got a confirmation letter though. When I try to print the page, all that comes out is our "vacation summary".

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi Tracy

I must admit I was a little confused as booked through Viva Voyage, they have now informed that they are going to email me all necessary e docs as when I printed e docs from MY NCL I've only received cruise/transfer details, no flight or hotel or gratuitiy details.

I've also emailed NCL with queries and they have responded with promptness and efficiency too....this is our first cruise and all honesty I'm paranoid about

Something going wrong with preparing everything !! Lol

Kind Regards

Paula

Thanks,

Tracy

You know I'm not sure we have to call to prepay ours because we use a TA so I always just assumed they sentconfirmation email to my husband. If you are worried you can print a screenshot where it says prepaid. I have personally never had a problem with it on any of our cruises when looking at the final bill.

why in the world would you take such a risk, and prepay your service fees, are you rich, the service on jewel and sun is horrible, the service fees are refunds on wages paid, not tips, leave your tips and cancel your service fees, i wonder if stewards are required to report tips, ncl is bad, very bad, you have no idea, i have experianced some of their worst,

why in the world would you take such a risk, and prepay your service fees, are you rich, the service on jewel and sun is horrible, the service fees are refunds on wages paid, not tips, leave your tips and cancel your service fees, i wonder if stewards are required to report tips, ncl is bad, very bad, you have no idea, i have experianced some of their worst,

Yes, i am rich. Very very very rich. That is the sole reason I prepay.

I don't mean to be rude, but this poster, (imposter?), can't even finish a sentence properly. Jess sayin'........slurp. ;)

Also they posted pretty much same content (how NCL is bad, crew doesn't deserve DSC, etc) to pretty much every recent thread that they could find that was even somewhat related. :rolleyes:

I most of the time prepay. I have taken a bunch of Cruises on NCL and hardly ever had any bad service or problems. Guess what if I do / did I would speak to Guest Services about it and it was / would be fixed. I wouldn't remove their tips / fees. Especially all of them. I never understand how someone could remove all of them. You mean to tell me you didn't have not one ounce of good service your whole time on the Cruise? I must be a rare Cruiser as I tip over what my service fees / tips are. Finally if you feel NCL is so bad then Cruise on another line instead of taking it out on the hard working staff that go out of their way to make your Cruise the best it can be.

Archived