Prepaying Onboard Serv Chg

NW Pacific

why in the world would you take such a risk, and prepay your service fees, are you rich, the service on jewel and sun is horrible, the service fees are refunds on wages paid, not tips, leave your tips and cancel your service fees, i wonder if stewards are required to report tips, ncl is bad, very bad, you have no idea, i have experianced some of their worst,

We always prepay our service fees so that they are on a credit card billing separate from our shipboard charges billing.

Helps with budgeting since I am definitely not rich. We cruise on a tight budget.

We have cruised on both the Jewel and the Sun and had excellent and friendly service from everyone. I'm sorry you had a different experience. I've cruised with NCL many times and I currently have two cruises booked with NCL so obviously I don't agree with your opinion that it is very very bad.

And I have also cruised many other cruise lines, so I have comparisons.

I hate to be the exception but anything can and does happen. Pre-paid the service charge before our Sky cruise, it showed online and I had a printout of the payment. It did not however show on their computer and it did not matter that I showed them the printed confirmation. Not in their computer, it didn't exist. Choice was to look like a lowlife and ask for the extra charge to be removed or pay it a second time, which is what they wanted me to do and call customer service after I returned home. I did the later and received the refund a month later.

I hate to be the exception but anything can and does happen. Pre-paid the service charge before our Sky cruise, it showed online and I had a printout of the payment. It did not however show on their computer and it did not matter that I showed them the printed confirmation. Not in their computer, it didn't exist. Choice was to look like a lowlife and ask for the extra charge to be removed or pay it a second time, which is what they wanted me to do and call customer service after I returned home. I did the later and received the refund a month later.

Did this happen on your first sky cruise second sky cruise or both ?

why in the world would you take such a risk, and prepay your service fees, are you rich, the service on jewel and sun is horrible, the service fees are refunds on wages paid, not tips, leave your tips and cancel your service fees, i wonder if stewards are required to report tips, ncl is bad, very bad, you have no idea, i have experianced some of their worst,

So, if the service was so bad on one, why did you then sail on the other?:confused:

You have responded to other recent threads with negative comments about your recent NCL experience.

Why not start a new thread and post a review here on the NCL board and detail your experiences both good and bad? Might be informative for all.

You have responded to other recent threads with negative comments about your recent NCL experience.

Why not start a new thread and post a review here on the NCL board and detail your experiences both good and bad? Might be informative for all.

As we are new to cruising and embarking on this experience with NCL I'd certainly appreciate hearing about the negatives as well as the positives

As we are new to cruising and embarking on this experience with NCL I'd certainly appreciate hearing about the negatives as well as the positives

Hi having looked at your previous posts I note you are cruising on the Spirit from Venice to Barcelona in October. Having cruised on the Spirit in March of this year and having booked again for next March I think I can assure you you will have a great time, we loved the ship, be sure to visit Henry's Bar early in the cruise it may well become a regular watering hole for you;)

If you haven't already done so you will find a good mix of reviews of the Spirit on this site, with plenty of balanced (and some not so) opinions.

I doubt you would gain much from a review by Cruisinfiend who I suspect was simply having a bad day yesterday:rolleyes: If you read all his posts you will note that he had a 30 month spread between his first post and 10 anti NCL posts yesterday.

By the way you have a fantastic itiniery, enjoy.

Hi having looked at your previous posts I note you are cruising on the Spirit from Venice to Barcelona in October. Having cruised on the Spirit in March of this year and having booked again for next March I think I can assure you you will have a great time, we loved the ship, be sure to visit Henry's Bar early in the cruise it may well become a regular watering hole for you;)

If you haven't already done so you will find a good mix of reviews of the Spirit on this site, with plenty of balanced (and some not so) opinions.

I doubt you would gain much from a review by Cruisinfiend who I suspect was simply having a bad day yesterday:rolleyes: If you read all his posts you will note that he had a 30 month spread between his first post and 10 anti NCL posts yesterday.

Although we cruised the Spirit to the Caribbean, we loved the ship itself. It is a beauty and one of a kind in the NCL fleet (Asian themed and a lot different from the other ships). She's our favorite "smaller" ship in the NCL fleet. I have a review with pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested in reading it (and seeing the pictures and links to them). :) The ship review part starts at post #75.

I did pre pay Daily Service Charge last night- said I would rec an email confirm within 24 hrs. Credit Card was charged immediately- No email received (yikes) called, said it was sent to my TA- I insisted upon receiving an email confrim directly to me- so they sent copy of Amenity Confirmation.

Description: Qty (1) for each of our names - Item# PSC- Description= Prepaid Sevice Charges-Delivery Date=day 1 in cabin- Price=0.00, sub total= 0.00

Grand total=0.00 Balance Due=0.00

in left hand corner Status: Paid

Does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about nothing stating amount pd.

Chekced my NCL online account- does show amount pd. when I click on

pre-paid gratuties- BUt I can find no way to get this to print out.

Am sure I am worrying about Nothing- but thought I would pass on my experience.

Will take this onboard- not sure if this is worth the hassle??

Geez sorry to hear that happened to you!! What a horrible ordeal that must have been. I have to be honest I would be the low life who says I'm not paying it again. What's the point of having you pay a second time if they are just going to give it back to you??

It was a little aggravating but the amount wasn't huge and could afford to float it. The "low life" comment was after reading all the comments on people that remove the DSC I was afraid if people heard me ask for a removal I might get keel hauled by others in line.

Someone asked if it happened on our first, second or both Sky cruises....it only happened on the first Sky cruise, the B2B where the bill was settled at the end of the both halves. My point was that some were posting that having a printed copy of what you paid will solve discrepancy problems but in my case it did not trump what their computer said. And asking for the manager did not help.

I have prepaid our services charges on both RCI and NCL and will continue to do so. It has worked well for me and reduces considerably the entries on our onboard account.

I was refused the option on a recent Princess cruise and I found the numerous daily entries for DSC along with numerous other charges for tours, drinks, etc confusing:mad:.

For what it's worth I consider it worth while requesting a print out every two or three days and check off my vouchers having found errors on more than one occasion. On our last cruise we were double charge for a drinks bill which they removed.:)

Although we cruised the Spirit to the Caribbean, we loved the ship itself. It is a beauty and one of a kind in the NCL fleet (Asian themed and a lot different from the other ships). She's our favorite "smaller" ship in the NCL fleet. I have a review with pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested in reading it (and seeing the pictures and links to them). :) The ship review part starts at post #75.

Thank you so much for your input and I will be sure to look at your pics ;)

Kind regards

Paula

Hi there

Thank you so much for your advice and I will be sure to visit Henry's Bar ;)

I have indeed looked through several reviews and from what I can gather your view in regards to the Spirit seems very much echoed throughout, rarely have I read any negativity which the crew themselves have not righted, I will however very much keep an open mind.

Personally, to greet with a smile and outward respect garners a similar response from whoever regardless.

We are so excited about this trip and are very easy going people with no great expectations of anything, so I feel our trip is going to be just perfect as anything above our expectations are bonuses.

Yes, the itinerary is definitely what encouraged us to book up, so many sites in so many places ...can't wait !!

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to prepay today..(and probably will later)--BUT I noticed it said.."deposit refunded according to attached " or something like that..and only thing there was about deposit refund...so just clarifying..if I do not cruise for whatever reason..DSC will be refunded ..correct?...just want to make sure....

I was going to prepay today..(and probably will later)--BUT I noticed it said.."deposit refunded according to attached " or something like that..and only thing there was about deposit refund...so just clarifying..if I do not cruise for whatever reason..DSC will be refunded ..correct?...just want to make sure....

Correct.

Am ready to pay the $12 per day pp chg on-line through our NCL on line account. Anyone have issues with this once you get onboard- we sail in 25 days. Did read someone on the Gem had problems- wondering if this is normal- we will be on the Jewell- thanks in advance for any replies

I prepaid and their was actually no problems with that part.

For the OP: this is bad advice and worse information.

Yeah I learned the hard way. Never again, I agree NCL was a joke. Jewel was a outdated nasty ship with horrible service.

Yeah I learned the hard way. Never again, I agree NCL was a joke. Jewel was a outdated nasty ship with horrible service.

Wish you and cruisinfiend would back up your remarks with some hard facts and information.

Or you could book your next cruise with Carnival, perhaps a better fit for you.

Wish you and cruisinfiend would back up your remarks with some hard facts and information.

Or you could book your next cruise with Carnival, perhaps a better fit for you.

Sure when I get home I will write more on it and provide you with some pics of their disgusting food.

Archived