Menus/Patters for short West Coast Getaway cruises

Go-Bucks!

Sorry for asking - I didn't realize that these were brand new. I thought they had done some before. Please forgive me.

No problem. This is the place to ask your questions. The season begins with a 4 day cruise on September 26-30 that stops in Catalina.

I'll be on the Oct. 4th three-day cruise so will post when I get back but that won't be of help for those on the first three sailings.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie. I will be looking forward to seeing your post when you get back. I live in Southern California so may take advantage of these short cruises for a quick get away.

We are on the 7 day Costal Oct 5 on the Sapphire and they sent us email with the menus. I hope it is what you were looking for. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/menus/dining_room/Sample%20Dinner%20Menus.pdf?utm_source=DM&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=PRECRUISE&utm_content=4-Coastal

Thanks for posting but the 7 day menu will be different than the 3 or 4 day menu. I think the OP is hoping to see what from the 7 day menu will be on the 3 day. I know I have my preferences.:D:D:D

there are many of these happening in Sept but like others have said most don't start till mid month.

I have done a few of these but it is hard to say exactly what the menus will be on the three day cruises, or two days for that matter.

We have been on them when the menu varies greatly each time. When I asked my friend the chef on the Island in May he said we decide on menu based on what extra supplies we have prior to sailing to use up supplies.

seems to make sense to me and would explain why it has varied

Enjoy your trip

Princess has been fairly consistent with their first and last night's menus. They used to be called Sailaway and Landfall Dinners. The names are gone but the menus are still there. On our 3 day Coastal from Vancouver to LA last year we had those two meals and the Captain's Welcome Dinner. My best guess would be that the other menu for a 4 day cruise would be the Italian Dinner. Based upon this, here is my line-up

Day 1: Embarkation

Day 2: Catalina - Italian Dinner

Day 3: Sea Day - Formal Night - Captain's Welcome Dinner

Day 4: Ensenada

Hope someone will let me know if I have guessed correctly.

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 1 - Embarkation Day.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 11 - Italian Dinner.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 2 - Formal Night - Captain's Welcome Dinner.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 14.pdf

We are on the 7 day Costal Oct 5 on the Sapphire and they sent us email with the menus. I hope it is what you were looking for. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/menus/dining_room/Sample%20Dinner%20Menus.pdf?utm_source=DM&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=PRECRUISE&utm_content=4-Coastal

Enjoy your Sappire Cruise!!! Enjoy her before she moves to Asia! :(

(The below info has more to do with my guess regarding the topic of the short coastal cruise menus that are anticipated to be used, and I quoted your post just because it has the link you shared. Thanks!)

The PDF that comes up in this link actually shows 4 menus from the Grand Princess... They were in this order in the PDF:

Sailaway Dinner

Princess Dinner

Cosmopolitan Dinner

Captain's Gala Dinner

That is four dinners, and their cruise is on a different ship and for seven days, so I wonder if these were examples??? Another interesting thing is that in the name of the PDF it specifically states "content=4-Coastal," so maybe these will be the sample menus for the 4 day cruises??? Eventually some lucky folks (maybe me if they get desperate and call me for stand-by at a really cheap fare!!! Hint Hint Princess! ;) ) will have a great time on one of the 3 or 4 day California Coastals and will report back with what menus were actually used!

Mark

P.S. I attached the PDF as I saved it on my computer for everyone's convenience.

Grand Princess 4 Day Coastal Sample Dinner Menus.pdf

Edited by cruisehappy001

• 3 months later...