Fleet week

Does anyone have any plans during fleet week? I am cruising into Sydney Harbour on the Rhapsody of the Seas that week and it will be wonderful seeing all those ships and naval vessels in the harbour.

The Navy daughter has tickets for the fireworks on the day we disembark the Rhapsody which means going home then travelling back into the city again but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Regards Elaine.

Does anyone have any plans during fleet week? I am cruising into Sydney Harbour on the Rhapsody of the Seas that week and it will be wonderful seeing all those ships and naval vessels in the harbour.

The Navy daughter has tickets for the fireworks on the day we disembark the Rhapsody which means going home then travelling back into the city again but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Regards Elaine.

Yup Sailing out on the Carnival Spirit on 7th of Oct. Should be a great sail away with so many vessels in the harbour.

Just a little bit concerned about traffic and transport arrangements as Sydney is going to be packed with people and there will be road closures.

I checked out the timetable. Here it is -

INTERNATIONAL FLEET REVIEW 3-11 OCTOBER 2013

Schedule of Events – subject to change

Thu 3 Oct – Tall ships arrive in Sydney, Warships depart Jervis Bay for Sydney

Fri 4 Oct – Fleet entry Sydney, Flypast

Sat 5 Oct – Fleet review, military displays & flypast, pyrotechnics and light show (evening)

Sun 6 Oct – Ships open day (Fleet Base East Garden Island & Barangaroo)

Mon 7 Oct – Ships open day (Fleet Base East Garden Island & Barangaroo)

Wed 9 Oct – Combined navies parade

Thu 10 Oct – Tall Ships depart Sydney

Fri 11 Oct – Warships depart Sydney

I checked out the timetable. Here it is -

INTERNATIONAL FLEET REVIEW 3-11 OCTOBER 2013

Schedule of Events – subject to change

Thu 3 Oct – Tall ships arrive in Sydney, Warships depart Jervis Bay for Sydney

Fri 4 Oct – Fleet entry Sydney, Flypast

Sat 5 Oct – Fleet review, military displays & flypast, pyrotechnics and light show (evening)

Sun 6 Oct – Ships open day (Fleet Base East Garden Island & Barangaroo)

Mon 7 Oct – Ships open day (Fleet Base East Garden Island & Barangaroo)

Wed 9 Oct – Combined navies parade

Thu 10 Oct – Tall Ships depart Sydney

Fri 11 Oct – Warships depart Sydney

Thanks, I always remember 1988 Bicentennial and all the tall ships on the harbour, just magic.:D

Thanks, I always remember 1988 Bicentennial and all the tall ships on the harbour, just magic.:D

Wasn't it just. :) We took our whole family to Sydney to be part of it. :)

Unfortunately this time we are going to Sydney on the 11th for our cruise so won't see much of this event.

Wish the Navy had sent my son across from WA.

Sue

That would have been nice as you probably don't get to see your son very often. My daughter is also in WA but I travelled down to Canberra for a couple of days to watch her play netball in the combined services netball tournament. It was nice to catch up as I hadn't seen her since Christmas.

Elaine.

I am going down for the weekend...have tickets for Saturday on the paddle steamer to watch the review.. Wish the Navy had sent my son across from WA.

Sue

That is a shame, perhaps a cruise from Sydney to Freo is needed. Enjoy the paddle steamer.:D

I was really keen, but have seen they've introduced a charged ticketing system for sites and ships for the first time ever. Not sure what that's about, but not very happy about it. Have to rethink my plans...

Phew, it wasn't as bad as it sounded. It sounded like you had to book a time and buy a ticket per ship! Fortunately it seems to be site wide.

Still worse than any time before, but a bit more tolerable.

Phew, it wasn't as bad as it sounded. It sounded like you had to book a time and buy a ticket per ship! Fortunately it seems to be site wide.

Still worse than any time before, but a bit more tolerable.

RUOK?, :confused:

I hope you can get your ticket sorted and enjoy the harbour on a boat/ship.:D

The Rhapsody will be sailing earlier ( 4:30pm I believe)on the 5th October to clear the OPT for the fireworks. It will also be arriving and debarking early and check in will also start earlier. Yippee... I get to start work at 5am that day:D:D Good start to the new cruise season.

I have no problem paying $3 per ticket to enter the sites and tour the ships. It is loose change and probably goes to a good cause of keeping the event safe and hassle free. I will be attending and touring as many ships as possible and will also be taking scenic helicopter rides over the fleet when they are at anchor and docked. It should be a spectacular weekend.

I have no problem paying $3 per ticket to enter the sites and tour the ships. It is loose change and probably goes to a good cause of keeping the event safe and hassle free. I will be attending and touring as many ships as possible and will also be taking scenic helicopter rides over the fleet when they are at anchor and docked. It should be a spectacular weekend.

Sounds great.

I would take a $3 helicopter ride though, sound like a real bargain. I don't know how they can afford to offer that.:rolleyes:

The Rhapsody will be sailing earlier ( 4:30pm I believe)on the 5th October to clear the OPT for the fireworks. It will also be arriving and debarking early and check in will also start earlier. Yippee... I get to start work at 5am that day:D:D Good start to the new cruise season.

looking forward to the review as we are sailing out on rhapsody of the seas on the 5th pity we can not stay for the fire works!

I'll be on her sailing out. She is sailing out at 4pm. Originally she was set to sail out at 9.30pm after the fireworks, but the government wanted The Rhapsody long gone before the fireworks. We'll still get to see the Fleet Review tho. Very disappointed that we are missing out on the fireworks.

Mick

I'll be on her sailing out. She is sailing out at 4pm. Originally she was set to sail out at 9.30pm after the fireworks, but the government wanted The Rhapsody long gone before the fireworks. We'll still get to see the Fleet Review tho. Very disappointed that we are missing out on the fireworks.

Mick

G'day Mick. How ya bin? RU sailing with Di & Tony on that cruise?

No need for fireworks, had plenty in Sydney yesterday of the type you don't want. Son hit the news rescuing horses from the fires.

Hugh

Gday Hugh, Yep, same cruise, also with Michael and Helen. We all managed to get aft facing cabins on deck 7.

Very early start to the fire season for you guys, hope all is well with you.

Mick

Very strong wind and dry was the prob. DS has no skin left on his hands from rope burns.

Might see you off, see what Chris says. Love to see all the ships that week. Looks like Fleet Week is going to be big.

Next cruise 30 Nov.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived