Emerald - A747 balcony size?

phabric

It's nice, and it is larger. No view to the back of the ship at all (but then, all of the cabins on the back sides of that deck have a more limited view to the aft), but a larger balcony. The only potential downside is that there is a storage room directly adjacent to A747 where supplies for the Horizon Court are kept, and you will hear crew members coming and going from there periodically throughout the day. Wonderful location!

C619. The Caribe deck cabins have larger balconies, at 9x9, and are half-covered and half-uncovered.

Also, I'm not a fan of those "cavern" balconies like A747 have. You'll have no view to the aft and not much to the side straight out; instead, the balcony juts out diagonally from the side of the ship, so your view will be completely forward down the line of the ship. And from my perspective in A738, looking back at it, that balcony always looked dark to me. I would imagine the room is correspondingly darker. Some people like them, I'm sure, but it wouldn't be my choice. And definitely not over a Caribe deck balcony!

DH & I have stayed in both - A747 & A 746 and love these cabins. Yes, you look down the side of the ship but for us it's a great view. He also walked off the length and they are about 9 X 10. If you stand at the railing you can see other cabins and they can see you no different then other balconies. However, if you sit toward the back - it is very private.;)

They aren't any darker in the cabin then in other balcony cabins and we have never heard any noise at all. We have one coming up in 9 weeks on the Emerald for a 10 day cruise, our 3rd time in this cabin and can't wait!!

Archived