LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

Judith has in interest in birds and asked what kind of birds these were. She was told they are "Sea Gulls" but they don't look like any Sea Gulls we have ever seen.

They were gliding in place above the shore on the breeze coming ashore from the ocean.

DSCN0301_zps26bfce3a.jpg

They could be Frigate birds with those long pointy tails. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/magnificent_frigatebird/id

I loved how your pictures told the story of Falmouth. Thank you for doing this. You saw details and places most tourists (including myself) just skip over. You are teaching me to take the time to really look at a community and it's people and appreciate what it is. I loved that you went to the school. The signs tell us that these kids are really not any different from our kids here at home.

I loved how your pictures told the story of Falmouth. Thank you for doing this. You saw details and places most tourists (including myself) just skip over. You are teaching me to take the time to really look at a community and it's people and appreciate what it is. I loved that you went to the school. The signs tell us that these kids are really not any different from our kids here at home.
]

Not quite.

Until DW retired in 2005, she was an administrator at a middle school in the suburbs of NY with quite a few families from the Caribbean, including Jamaica. When the newcomers started at the school they invariably were polite and courteous to the staff, and would stand up when speaking to the class or answering a question from the teacher.

Within a few weeks they had all been "re-educated" by the American kids and had become just as poorly behaved as the rest.

Tough discipline does work.

]

Not quite.

Until DW retired in 2005, she was an administrator at a middle school in the suburbs of NY with quite a few families from the Caribbean, including Jamaica. When the newcomers started at the school they invariably were polite and courteous to the staff, and would stand up when speaking to the class or answering a question from the teacher.

Within a few weeks they had all been "re-educated" by the American kids and had become just as poorly behaved as the rest.

Tough discipline does work.

That's very sad - for the US kids, although I know what you say is true.:(

Trainman,

I don't know if you will be able to answer. If not, maybe someone else will have the answer.

Thought it would be fun to get our teenagers a soft drink package on the Allure. The machines we have used in locals restaurants have a large variety of choices and flavorings. Do you know if the machines on the Allure have a large variety or just the basic Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite?

Thank you so much. Your review is great! We will be sailing on Allure for the 1st time and you are getting us very excited.

Enjoy the last days at Sea.

Trainman,

I don't know if you will be able to answer. If not, maybe someone else will have the answer.

Thought it would be fun to get our teenagers a soft drink package on the Allure. The machines we have used in locals restaurants have a large variety of choices and flavorings. Do you know if the machines on the Allure have a large variety or just the basic Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite?

Thank you so much. Your review is great! We will be sailing on Allure for the 1st time and you are getting us very excited.

Enjoy the last days at Sea.

From what I've read on the boards the Allure and the Oasis have the Coke Freestyle machines. Below is a link on the machine

This morning there was a big black cloud chasing us. It finally caught us and the rain came about 9:00 am. But the rain stopped and it has been cloudy all day since.

The pool area is jammed with people.

Cloudy days are normally days when a lot of people get bad sun burns.

DSCN0395_zps2ff85dd9.jpg

DSCN0397_zps738c3196.jpg

DSCN0405_zps47ba3ed7.jpg

We had a late breakfast so we had a late lunch too today.

Judith was almost finished by the time I showed up at the table.

DSCN0407_zps354c74b3.jpg

I have never seen this in the Windjammer before!

Greek Salad with no Feta Cheese :eek:

DSCN0408_zps008385c2.jpg

But on the next Kiosk over, a whole bowl of Feta Cheese :eek:

DSCN0409_zpsb32e3dc9.jpg

Looks like the cig. price in the States is catching up with Canada. I quit 2 years ago (cold turkey) & the price of a carton was 92 dollars, dunno what today. I smoked a carton a week so decided to save myself a hundred a week or so. Still miss it, but I smell better. I think. Anyway, Jim & Judith, I understand your decision, respect it, and I still put an ashtray out in our home for smoking friends. I only quit because of the cost.

Have you heard how your puppies, goozols, chickens and the flood plain are doing in your absence?

Loving this thread. Thanks for doing it.

dm xxx

Archived