LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

The birds in your pictures do look like frigate birds. Here's some info. We often see them while near the islands.

The frigatebird (also known as the man of war bird and the pirate bird) is a species of sea-bird found in warmer, tropical regions. Frigatebirds are thought to be most closely related to pelicans giving rise to another name for them, which is the frigate pelican.

Great pictures, we get excited knowing we will be there in a few weeks. We took the Plantation tour the last time we were in Falmouth, it was ok, like many tours half the fun was the ride getting there.

Glad they are putting in a Margaretville, we spent a day at the swim up bar in Ocho Rios when they use to dock there and loved it.

Can you answer a question. I was looking at the webcam from the boat and it looks like one of the wave runners is not operating. I am looking forward to doing that and wondered if it is down?

Hope the rest of the week continues to go well and you have great weather.

Beautiful review, with great pictures.

Thank you.

FYI

A carton of Virginia slim lights in Ohio ( where we live) my brand when I smoked--- including tax..this week approximately $67.00

Just like to check.

Sea Ya

In NJ a carton is anywhere from $90 to $105 depending on what you smoke and where you buy them.

Trainman-2 sure enjoying your live review and pics.

Quick question do any of the swimming pools have steps rather than ladders to enter?

Thanks. Norma

Not train man...but there is a beach pool that has no steps, you just walk n and it gets deeper. The solarium pool has steps, not a ladder also. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Great pictures, we get excited knowing we will be there in a few weeks. We took the Plantation tour the last time we were in Falmouth, it was ok, like many tours half the fun was the ride getting there.

Glad they are putting in a Margaretville, we spent a day at the swim up bar in Ocho Rios when they use to dock there and loved it.

Can you answer a question. I was looking at the webcam from the boat and it looks like one of the wave runners is not operating. I am looking forward to doing that and wondered if it is down?

Hope the rest of the week continues to go well and you have great weather.

I am intrigued by the Taste of Jamaica Tour at the Plantation House with Lunch, including a tour of the house & grounds. Did you do that one, by any chance? I see a lot of reviews on TA, but really none on CC. The TA reviews are consistently good.

Many of our group are not willing to leave the immediate port area due to safety concerns and concerns with pushy vendors, pat downs on return to the port, etc. Did you see reasons for these concerns when you were there? I am impressed with Trainman's willingness to go off with an unknown cab driver. I would probably not do that, but it looks as if he had a wonderful time and got an intimate insight into the lives of the Jamaicans.

That web cam (showing the FlowRider) hasn't been working since July. You can see a timestamp in the upper right-hand corner of the image when it was last updated and it's currently saying 7/28/2013.

We were in Falmouth in June, and I would say it was a highlight of our trip. We took a private tour with someone that came very highly reccomended on TA and here on the port of call boards. Not once did we feel any unease or fears for our safety. We also were not accosted to buy stuff, but perhaps that's because we did not go to any markets. We had an active day climbing and jumping in some local falls. We also did some rafting, and lots of driving, which was a great way to see this beautiful country.

We ate lunch at Scotchies which was yummmmy! We got the chance to speak with several young men (who worked the rafts) in depth, and it was so interesting to hear about their culture and lives. Our whole family loved the experience!

I would encourage folks to get out and see the area if you have not already. I personally wouldn't do it without a guide I trusted, but I really like to see the places we port!

The Junior Suite looks like the handicap cabins; even the balcony looks the same. Hmm. I thought the Junior Suite was much larger.

Looking at the deck plan they seem to be the same size. I'd assume the handicap rooms would not have a walk in closet in favour of a more user friendly bathroom... and no double points.

But on the next Kiosk over, a whole bowl of Feta Cheese :eek:

DSCN0409_zpsb32e3dc9.jpg

Looks like they put all the trendy non-diet foods aside as "condiments" for the salads to appeal to a wider variety of people perhaps? Forget the salad I'll have the condiments! Lol.

Kari

Day 6, Friday, Cozumel

Good Morning Everyone,

We are due in Cozumel at 8:00 am and the All Aboard time is 6:30 pm

Here are two screen shots from the Bridge TV

DSCN0414_zps820ee9c8.jpg

DSCN0413_zps7133d753.jpg

And here is a Wind Speed Prediction for TD-10 which is on the other side of the Penninsula from us and moving away.

085234.gif

The forecast for today is cloudy, 81 degrees, and Breezy with a chance of afternoon Thunderstorms.

Enjoying your reviews and photos! We are booked for our first cruise ever on the Allure June 2014 and I just can't get enough of CC.... I'm hooked! Keep it coming..... and thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had an excellent breakfast in the MDR this morning. Some great table mates, stimulating conversation, and I forgot to take photos.

Being an english ex-patriot something I have always missed is English Bangers (sausages). So tasty and never seen here in the mid-west :( Do they have them anywhere onboard? Thanks.

DrB

Being an english ex-patriot something I have always missed is English Bangers (sausages). So tasty and never seen here in the mid-west :( Do they have them anywhere onboard? Thanks.

DrB

I will check for you.

They have some "banger type/looking" sausages in the Windjammer but I don't think they are "real" bangers.

There is a Mixed Grill dinner is Chops that has a "banger looking: sausage in it.

Archived