LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

There were four of us and here are our salad plates.

Everything looked yummy! This is the first extra-charge restaurant that we are trying in November (other than Johnny Rockets) and I'm now quite excited about those cheese rolls! Thanks for the Samba review, it'll help me decide what to eat.

Samba's Brazilian Grille

Without a doubt, the best thing about Samba's is the basket of little cheese rolls they place on your table just after you are seated.

The first photo has a fork for size comparison.

These are the best rolls on the ship!

DSCN0473_zps3fbf590a.jpg

DSCN0474_zps5e142826.jpg

Trainlman and Judith, you have been more than generous sharing your cruise with us. I hope you had a wonderful time and will be back on the waves again soon.

I'm especially happy to see that the Windjammer at night and Samba's were great alternatives to the MDR. We had already planned on sometimes doing dinner there on our cruise in October even though others have scoffed at the idea as radical or something.

But I trust your judgment from reading your reviews and darned if you didn't prove all the skeptics wrong with those photos. The food looks fresh and delicious. There is nothing like a good relaxed, uncomplicated meal for a change during a cruise that doesn't skimp on the quality. Give me meat and salads that are creatively prepared and I'm a happy camper.

One question about Samba's. What's with the photos we've been seeing of glamorous showgirls posing with people there? Do they entertain or just act as hostesses/greeters? My husband hopes for both. I'd just like to get a few of their makeup tips.

Sorry you're leaving today, but it always good to get back home to sleep in your own bed again. Take care and thanks again for your live report.

What a ship and what a great cruise. The only rainy day was at Cozumel. The sea was generally smooth the whole week apart from again in and out of Cozumel. Took 30mins from getting off the ship through immigration to the outside this morning at 7.30.

Missing the ship now :(

We Are Home Safe and Sound!

I was almost licked to death by the Puppies!

I have to unload and reorganize.

More Later...

Welcome home sir. I didn't get to read the entire thread, but I will do when I get the chance during the week.

It has been a pleasure meeting you this week, and it was a shame to not meet up at La Choza.

We Are Home Safe and Sound!

I was almost licked to death by the Puppies!

I have to unload and reorganize.

More Later...

thank you for sharing your cruise with those of us stuck on land right now. Glad you are home and look forward to "going along with you" again some time.

I have to say it again Trainman2, I have that same feeling in my gut right now as I do when I personally have taken a cruise and have to get off the ship the last day. Your live reviews are so real to me and my feeling it is unbelievable. I really think it is your way of writing and use of pics.

Thanks for taking ALL of us along and wish you and Judith nothing but health and happiness for many years to come.

One last thought, please reconsider your choice of not cruising with RCCL. Those of us that enjoy your live reports are really gonna be lost. ;) Seriously, I understand but hope you do change your mind.

Tim

Archived