Booking 2 years out

This may might be a stupid question. My dad died in August 2012. He and mom were planning a cruise to Greece. They wanted to do a short family one before venturing overseas. Dad didn't even make it on that cruise. :(

My sister and I are planning on taking my mom on her dream cruise because we had such a great time on our family cruise last December.

That being said we both need to save money so the cruise won't happen until summer 2015. Can u book a cruise 2 years out? Are the iteneries even set? If not when will they be?

There are 3 of us and we all live in the US. We are cruising again this Demember.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

This may might be a stupid question. My dad died in August 2012. He and mom were planning a cruise to Greece. They wanted to do a short family one before venturing overseas. Dad didn't even make it on that cruise. :(

My sister and I are planning on taking my mom on her dream cruise because we had such a great time on our family cruise last December.

That being said we both need to save money so the cruise won't happen until summer 2015. Can u book a cruise 2 years out? Are the iteneries even set? If not when will they be?

There are 3 of us and we all live in the US. We are cruising again this Demember.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on the itinerary many 2015 cruises aren't even set yet let alone available for booking. However if it shows as available on the cruise lines website than yes it can be booked 2 years out.

If you do book well in advance of the cruise than keep checking the website site as if the price drops prior to final payment you can than call to request the price adjustment as long as it doesn't apply only to new bookings.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can. I have booked as far as 23 months out. It does depend of course on the ship and when they release itineraries. You are so good to do this for your mom.

My deepest condolences on your loss. :(

The 2015 European season likely wont be released until April or May of 2014.

You can buy a "next cruise" certificate while onboard your December cruise for $100 each reservation (buy one certificate for each cabin you plan to reserve). Then, when the sailings are released, you can apply the reservation certificate to a cabin on the specific cruise. At that time, you will be charged an additional $100 deposit for each of the other passengers. You will get onboard credit for each cabin too.

What a nice idea for your Mom and your family.

Currently, the only cruises available to book on RC.com in 2015 are Caribbean, South America, Hawaii, and Australia. Is the "dream cruise" that you are planning going to Greece? If so, European cruises are usually available to book online about 1 year ahead. So, 2015 cruises would become available to book in March-April 2014.

Thank you all. Yes our dream cruise will be going to Greece. We are looking at 10 plus days departing from Barcelona.

I'm ready to start researching now! Im the planner of the family. Things seem to fail miserably in our family when we don't have a plan. that is why cruising works well for us!

Donna plan is good. But very few ultra early bookers get the lowest price. Cruise price patterns are pretty constant. Do a spread sheet and track pricing patterns for several cruises going this year that interest you. Future years will be close. Think I recall reading CCL is dropping Europe so look at other lines also. Your library should have excellent European cruises/ports books. Do not book too far out if you are concerned about Mothers health.

Thanks in advance.

I usually book as soon as the cruises become available . Most 2015 summer cruise will start coming out for booking in Spring 2015.

Archived