Cabin 7136 on worst cabin list

Macdl

The biggest problem with that cabin is that I won't be in it and will be at work. :p

Too true :D

To the O/P, please provide more information on where you read this.

If it's an S-Class ship that Cabin in fine. I was in the same area a few cabins forward and would book it again tomorrow.

If it's on an M-Class ship some have their view blocked by the suites aft of the cabin.

If you are that concerned about the cabin you should immediately contact X to change it (even if you are on a guarantee rate, you should be able to change to another cabin within the same category).

The biggest problem with that cabin is that I won't be in it and will be at work. :p

Lol..so true... Yes it's the silhouette and I was thinking we got an upgrade as we booked guarantee .... From what I've read it has a small cabin and listed as semi private..don't really know what that might mean...

Too true :D

To the O/P, please provide more information on where you read this.

If it's an S-Class ship that Cabin in fine. I was in the same area a few cabins forward and would book it again tomorrow.

If it's on an M-Class ship some have their view blocked by the suites aft of the cabin.

If you are that concerned about the cabin you should immediately contact X to change it (even if you are on a guarantee rate, you should be able to change to another cabin within the same category).

Thanks for reply...... I just don't like surprises.... Hoping and thinking that The Silhouette is a S class ship....

Lol..so true... Yes it's the silhouette and I was thinking we got an upgrade as we booked guarantee .... From what I've read it has a small cabin and listed as semi private..don't really know what that might mean...

Would love to see the "worst cabin list"!!! I'm not sure any of us are familiar with that.

In any event, this cabin is 194 sq. ft. which is the same size as AQ, CC and regular veranda staterooms. Not sure what you mean by "small cabin" or "semi-private"? Was this the description in the "worst cabin list"??

And yes, the Silhouette is an S-Class ship.

Lol..so true... Yes it's the silhouette and I was thinking we got an upgrade as we booked guarantee .... From what I've read it has a small veranda and listed as semi private..don't really know what that means.

I really would'nt worry, this is what it says on the 'sticky' for cabin details, which has been written by someone who has actually stayed in the cabin in question.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7136

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet

Balcony View - No obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? This cabin is identical to 7127 with the exception of the balcony obstruction. 7136 is a little further aft, and isn't affected by the overhang of Deck 6.

Hope this helps.

Lou

I really would'nt worry, this is what it says on the 'sticky' for cabin details, which has been written by someone who has actually stayed in the cabin in question.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7136

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet

Balcony View - No obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? This cabin is identical to 7127 with the exception of the balcony obstruction. 7136 is a little further aft, and isn't affected by the overhang of Deck 6.

Hope this helps.

Lou

Thanks Lou...this is our first cruise and so excited... But abit nervous too!!

I don't know about a worst cabin list, but there is a web site that purports to describe cabins, but seems to be very inaccurate. It had a description of a hump cabin on S class, which stated that the cabin was oddly shaped and the balcony was a regular rectangle. I think they just look at deck plans and guess.

Sheila

Stateroom 7136 on M-CLASS ships is one of the mini-balcony rooms right next to the curved windows of the Celebrity Suites. Do not book that cabin.

7136 looks fine to me on the S class ships including Silhouette.

Here is a link to a "worst cabin" thread I've saved:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=350377

7136 is mentioned but it's for M-class ships-----The date of the thread is before any S-class ships set sail.

To the OP: RELAX, Your stateroom looks fine.

Archived