Quick Prinsendam question: upgrade offer for Neptune suites

OlsSalt

Quick question while offer is still pending: reasonable Neptune suite upgrade offer but don't know which cabins since there are two decks of Neptune suites.

Questions:

1. Sun deck - S-1 and S-2 are right next to the CrowsNest - problem with noise in those cabins?

2. Is Lido suite deck the better choice over a Sun deck suite, since the Neptune Lounge is located on the Lido deck?

Thanks - who knows, the offer may be gone by the time we get back but fun thinking about it.

Update:

PS- we found the upgrade offer was only for S-2, the cabin next to the Crows Nest. We passed, but may regret this if we hear noise is not a problem. This is a port intensive cruise, so onboard time is not really a big part of the trip.

oh hurry - go grab it:D:D:D

We have been twice and always stay on the sports deck. Love being so close to the crows' nest. i was worried about noise - but it's fine - mind you we haven't had 2, but we have had 6 and 8.

Crow's Nest is great on the ship and the Neptune Suites on this ship are my favourite. The verandahs are smaller but the rooms are really different than the others and well laid out.

The Neptune Lounge is the most gorgeous of any ship and has it's own verandah!!!

and the PG is fabulous.

A Neptune suite on this ship is a steal of a deal - so if you don't mind spending a bit more money - you are missing an experience not doing it:D

edited to say - for what it's worth - I prefer the sports deck to the Lido for several reasons - smell from the bbq (if the wind blows the wrong way) on the Lido, etc.

Might be a port intensive cruise but comfort when you return is nice. concierge to take care of all is nice. and the PG breakfast is VERY nice.

DH and I hemmed and hawed but were reassured by the HAL agent also, that noise from the CrowsNest not a problem since there is no dance floor. So we did grab it after all. Last one, and it was a good deal compared to the prior suite upgrade offers.

We also thought about the times when CrowsNest noise could possibly bother us, and realized this would not be a material problem if they run trivia games or zumba classes there during sea days, because we most likely would not be in our cabin at that time anyway. Plus isn't this why you have a Neptune concierge ..to smooth over those little problems should they come up? :cool:

Thanks for the reassurance also about the Sun Deck location. What we liked most is this cabin balcony S-02 is on the opposite side from the Neptune Lounge balcony so we get a "private" balcony on both sides of the ship, just one floor away.

Thanks for your response and nice endorsement of our final choice.

Sail away!

There is a dance floor in the Crow's Nest, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone dance there at night.

There's just a piano player at night, and very few people. One musician used to refer to the Crow's Nest as "The Library", since people were reading in there, even after dinner.

DH and I hemmed and hawed but were reassured by the HAL agent also, that noise from the CrowsNest not a problem since there is no dance floor. So we did grab it after all. Last one, and it was a good deal compared to the prior suite upgrade offers.

We also thought about the times when CrowsNest noise could possibly bother us, and realized this would not be a material problem if they run trivia games or zumba classes there during sea days, because we most likely would not be in our cabin at that time anyway. Plus isn't this why you have a Neptune concierge ..to smooth over those little problems should they come up? :cool:

Thanks for the reassurance also about the Sun Deck location. What we liked most is this cabin balcony S-02 is on the opposite side from the Neptune Lounge balcony so we get a "private" balcony on both sides of the ship, just one floor away.

Thanks for your response and nice endorsement of our final choice.

Sail away!

Hey good for you!!!! Congrats!!!!

by the way you are on the Sports Deck not the Sun deck (unless they changed the name last week);)

If you are in 2, you are on the port side - so, you are on the same side as the Neptune Lounge verandah - no biggie!!!

The Crow's Nest on this ship is one of my favourite spots. I don't know why - it might be the waiters - it might be the ambiance but we really enjoyed just walking down the hall to get there.

DO go to the reception for the suites (remember there are only around 18 cabins). It's not in the PG or the Crow's Nest - it is normally in the Captain's day room (and WHAT a day room)

I don't recall ever any Zumba classes there - trivia yes - but not Zumba. The concierge can't do anything about the schedule - but he/she will take care of whatever else you need (just about):D

happy you got it - have a great cruise:D

Hey good for you!!!! Congrats!!!!

by the way you are on the Sports Deck not the Sun deck (unless they changed the name last week);)

If you are in 2, you are on the port side - so, you are on the same side as the Neptune Lounge verandah - no biggie!!!

The Crow's Nest on this ship is one of my favourite spots. I don't know why - it might be the waiters - it might be the ambiance but we really enjoyed just walking down the hall to get there.

DO go to the reception for the suites (remember there are only around 18 cabins). It's not in the PG or the Crow's Nest - it is normally in the Captain's day room (and WHAT a day room)

I don't recall ever any Zumba classes there - trivia yes - but not Zumba. The concierge can't do anything about the schedule - but he/she will take care of whatever else you need (just about):D

happy you got it - have a great cruise:D

Right you are about the location - I was thinking about where our former non-Neptune suite was located on the starboard side. Yes, it is the Sports deck. New lay of the land so I have to get my bearings here. :cool:

Some how I think our new sail away ritual of the Tropa-Mango-Mojito is never going to taste so good as we leave Barcelona in our wake and on to 28 days of pure fun. No matter where the current US-Russian-Middle East saber-rattling diverts us when this cruise is finally done a month from now. And she heads off to dry dock.

Right you are about the location - I was thinking about where our former non-Neptune suite was located on the starboard side. Yes, it is the Sports deck. New lay of the land so I have to get my bearings here. :cool:

Some how I think our new sail away ritual of the Tropa-Mango-Mojito is never going to taste so good as we leave Barcelona in our wake and on to 28 days of pure fun. No matter where the current US-Russian-Middle East saber-rattling diverts us when this cruise is finally done a month from now. And she heads off to dry dock.

I hope you have a wonderful time, that itinerary sounds fantastic!

Yup, wait until you see the room:D The verandah isn't huge but it is more than adequate - I think you are going to have a great time. and on a port intensive cruise these rooms can become even better - think room service and space :D

Have a great time - how can you not:D And definitely do the PG for breakfast. The PG (when we were on) is one of the best on the ships - especially for the breakfasts - you'll be on long enough for them to know you and you will be well taken care of:D:D

Archived