Cupcake Classes - Questions

bryanjaync

About the Cupcake place classes:

1. My mom (83) and sister (56) are thinking of doing this (some bonding thing they say, but they really just like cupcakes). So are the classes just for kids or are two adults ok ?

2. Can I pop in and take pictures during the decorating ?

3. Can you reserve in advance prior to cruise, or is that really even necessary?

Thanks.

There are specific Adult classes and Kids Classes.

You are welcome to pop in and take pictures.

Most cruises allow you to book this in advance or do it on the first day when you board for the biggest selection of times and dates.

Also, there is one kids class (you make a monkey) and two different adult classes (a dog or a burger and fries) from our experience on multiple ships.

Whenever I am planning Caribbean cruise vacation.

Baking cupcakes is the first thing that comes to mind that I want to do..

That's pretty much what what my 18 yo DD said. She has multiple disabilities and cannot climb the rock wall, surf or parasail. That's why we love Royal's progressive, inclusive thinking - they offer things that are actually fun for everyone! :p

1. My mom (83) and sister (56) are thinking of doing this (some bonding thing they say, but they really just like cupcakes). So are the classes just for kids or are two adults ok ?

3. Can you reserve in advance prior to cruise, or is that really even necessary?

Thanks.

You won't need to "pop in" it's right out front at the tables in the Cupcake Cafe..You or anyone can take as many pictures as you want..During their class on Liberty Captain Patrik stopped by to say hello. My adult kids actually had a lot of fun..This class was something they would never do at home..but on a cruise ship..YES why not..And they each got a white chef type apron to take home.

Thanks.

I see you have several answers already. While they did have special kid classes they had several adult classes which also allowed older kids and it was a rather nice experience for all. I did reserve the class for my wife ahead of time on line for the last Sea day and as you can see, I was all over the place taking photos!

friday2.jpg

That's pretty much what what my 18 yo DD said. She has multiple disabilities and cannot climb the rock wall, surf or parasail. That's why we love Royal's progressive, inclusive thinking - they offer things that are actually fun for everyone! :p

Great post The post you quoted is a good example of why that user is on my ignore list.

Great post The post you quoted is a good example of why that user is on my ignore list.

+infinity.

It's funny how many people think that the Cupcake shop should be taken off, since they don't use it. But if you see all of the people who participate in the classes, it's pretty clear that there are more than enough people to support the shop.

We even buy cupcakes.

While I'm not into decorating cupcakes- it looks like every person who has done it has had a blast. So go for it.

Just off the Freedom and my 15 year old daughter did the cupcake decorating class. The only thing I have to add is to be aware of the difference in age if you book on the website pre-cruise. The two options for the class is child and adult with no age span for child. Pre-booked a child class in advance, and when we boarded the ship we stopped by the Cupdake shop to confirm my daughter's reserved space and was told by the staff that we should switch my daughter to the adult class since the child class was really intended for small children. They refunded me the child class payment and was able to add my daughter to one of the adult classes.

Just off the Freedom and my 15 year old daughter did the cupcake decorating class. The only thing I have to add is to be aware of the difference in age if you book on the website pre-cruise. The two options for the class is child and adult with no age span for child. Pre-booked a child class in advance, and when we boarded the ship we stopped by the Cupdake shop to confirm my daughter's reserved space and was told by the staff that we should switch my daughter to the adult class since the child class was really intended for small children. They refunded me the child class payment and was able to add my daughter to one of the adult classes.

My kids are 14 and 18 so I booked them in the adult class. I assumed the children's class would be smaller/younger children.

Glad you pointed that out as I had wondered if anyone would say anything about my 14 y/o being there.

Not sure if you're interested, but we also did a Pasta making class. The class was $15 and was taught by the Head Chef and the Head Sous Chef. In addition to the demonstration, a three course lunch was included as well as a tour of the Galley... well worth it.

My kids are 14 and 18 so I booked them in the adult class. I assumed the children's class would be smaller/younger children.

Glad you pointed that out as I had wondered if anyone would say anything about my 14 y/o being there.

No problem. They actually acknowledged that the website is not age specific, so I'm sure they heard it before. We only knew because we stopped in on day 1 while we were walking around waiting for our room to become available.

I'm sure your 14 year old will have fun.

My niece and daughter did this class when we were on the Allure in March. My niece was 14 and my daughter was 10. Both really enjoyed the class. I was concerned about my daughter being too young..but the girls wanted to be together. Since my daughter does some baking at home she was quite comfortable in the class and was able to keep up with no problem.