9/11 Anniversary and Carnival

SoundDawg

Two years ago today I sailed on the Carnival Miracle. It was the tenth anniversary of 9/11. I was part of an unbelievable Roll Call that honored the memory of those lost that day. We lobbied Carnival to delay the sailing that day so we could stop in front of Ground Zero as they lit up the memorial and they did. It was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget. I wrote a trip report about it and thought I would share it again today if anyone is interested. God bless all those lost and the families that deal with that loss every day!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1568029

Thanks For Posting!!!!

large.jpg

The New 9/11/01 Math...

On September 10th 2001 the somewhat simplistic math problem of 11 + 175 + 77 + 93 would = 356.

The next day however changed this formula for everyone as on that day American Airlines Flights 11, 77 and United Airlines Flights 175 and 93 altered the courses (and math) of countless lives across our nation. The end result being nearly 3000 people (2977 not including terrorists) gave their lives when our nation was attacked.

Of those 2977, I went to school (the NYPD Academy) with 5 of them. A few years later another graduate of the academy became my trainee and also my friend. His name was, is Vincent Danz.

Just as I will never forget Vinny, and my other 5-classmates, I will never forget the 2977 heroes that died that day and I wonder......how many of you, our Cruise Critic Shipmates, knew some of those heroes too?

Yes, 11 + 175 + 77 + 93 = 2977, is a new math formula that I will Never Forget!!

patriot.gif

Just as I will never forget Vinny, and my other 5-classmates, I will never forget the 2977 heroes that died that day and I wonder......how many of you, our Cruise Critic Shipmates, knew some of those heroes too?

I lost a high school classmate at the Pentagon that day.

I lost a high school classmate at the Pentagon that day.

Sorry for your loss!! I was very fortunate that all my city friends were safe that day. I also will never forget all those heroes we lost that day!

Archived