Thursday - September 12th - Weigh-In - All Welcome

Jan_In_Maine

Checked my weight and I am down 1.0# this week. I am still up 4.0# from our b2b cruise. I have 7.9# to my first goal and 17.9# to my final goal.

I have not been doing any exercising and have not been to the gym since we got back .... I really need to start!. :rolleyes: Jan

HI all!

Jan ~ thanks for starting the thread. Sure hope Belle checks in this week, I'm getting worried.

Well let me be the 1st bad news bearer, I'm up 1.8 lbs:eek:!! The reason could be my calories for snacks last night were more than the ones for dinner!

I'm 10 lbs away from my 1st goal & probably 21 from what I should be, which is where I'll never be again!

Have a nice day! I'm still going out for lunch!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Sadly, I'll be the second bad news bearer. I'm up 2 lbs. What??? I stayed active this week logging 51 miles (stairmaster, walking and a little swimming). Don't know how I could have gained with that much activity. :confused: I don't know if birthday celebrations last week finally caught up with me?

My clothes are still feeling a little looser so maybe I need to concentrate on that more, anyway. I don't know. The number on the scale is still a motivator, though, so it's hard when it's going the wrong direction.

Hope others out there had a better week!

Michelle

Hi Everyone,

Fortunately I don't have to be a bearer of bad news. I lost the lb. I gained last week. This is great considering I went out to dinner 3 nights.

Now I should lose a couple more before my cruise in 2 weeks but not sure. I'll try. I feel good though as I'm down 7 lb.s from my highest around this time last year.

Jan, good loss. Jo and Michele you will do better next week.

Let's not even go to where my weight should be. I would be happy to get out of the overweight BMI into the normal which is only about 10 lbs. but so hard to lose.

Good luck to everyone. Diana

It's good to see people still weighing in.

Since I was last here (a long time ago) I've gained quite a bit of weight, but it is coming off. Right now I'm not concerning myself with the scale, until I get weighed by the doctor, which is every three to four months. I'm down almost 10 lbs. since I started trying to lose. That was in about six months.

I've learned that my weight will swing high and low depending on my meds and my energy level, and that fact that I have not been on a cruise for a while.

The biggest difference for me is that clothes that suddenly were too small are fitting me again.

Miriam - so nice that clothes are starting to fit again!!

Diana - glad you lost the pound! I think you and I are probably at about the same area .... I have about 8# to get to healthy!!!

Michelle - you are probably losing fat and gaining muscle - that could be why the scale isn't moving

Jo - sorry about the gain .... there is always next week.:)

Hopefully Belle will post soon .... Jan

For those who are exercising and gaining weight while feeling like their clothes are looser, keep in mind that you are melting fat but gaining muscle. Muscle is denser than fat, so the equivalent mass of muscle weighs more than that of fat.

This is why I hate scales. They don't tell the whole picture. Instead use a body fat analyzer, because body fat percentage is the real deal.

Archived