Can this be??

WWbytheSEA

I am currently booked in a JR suite with wife and 2 teenage sons. Am concerned that the Jr Suite is going to be a little tight for the brief time that all 4 of us will be in at the same time, plus a little privacy for the wife and I wouldn't be bad either. I was just looking at RCCL web and by playing around I found an inside stateroom directly across from my existing Jr.Suite. When I put 1 adult and 1 teen in the inside stateroom and reduce my existing JR.Suite down to 1 adult and 1 child, its cheaper by 480.00 bucks. I think I'm going to call and do this. Anyone have experience with this before? And yes the boys 17 and 14 will probably be taking the inside stateroom.

I am currently booked in a JR suite with wife and 2 teenage sons. Am concerned that the Jr Suite is going to be a little tight for the brief time that all 4 of us will be in at the same time, plus a little privacy for the wife and I wouldn't be bad either. I was just looking at RCCL web and by playing around I found an inside stateroom directly across from my existing Jr.Suite. When I put 1 adult and 1 teen in the inside stateroom and reduce my existing JR.Suite down to 1 adult and 1 child, its cheaper by 480.00 bucks. I think I'm going to call and do this. Anyone have experience with this before? And yes the boys 17 and 14 will probably be taking the inside stateroom.

That sounds about right.

They will love it and so will you! :)

I don't have any experience booking multiple rooms for a family (yet) but from what I've read from other posters I think it would be a good idea. A JS should give you more room but 1 bathroom for 4 people is not fun. I think getting the second room for less then 4 in a JS is a good idea.

Quite possible depending on what the charge is for 3rd and 4th passenger in the Junior Suite.

I did the same thing with an owners suite last year. Had 4 booked in OS but then decided to bring babysitter. Set up 2nd room with her, Wife and one child in inside room and left just two in the OS. Price for two rooms was same as OS alone with the 4 of us (and we added another person). So I am sure if keeping 4 people two rooms can be cheaper than one as it seems the 3rd and 4th person rates in suites is sometime more than the first and second person rate in an inside room.

You will have to change your booking so that one adult is in the inside room with a teen, and the other adult in the JS with a teen. RCCL doesn't care what you do after you get on board. We've booked like that for several cruises. Once you board, go to Guest Services and ask them for an access card only for each room so everyone has their own card.

We have sailed with our two teenage boys several times. We have had all four of us in an OS, don't think I would try it in anything smaller. Last time around we Did a JS for my hubby and I with the boys in an adjoining balcony room. Wish we had done it that way earlier. It was great to give them their own space with their own bathroom and TV. Plus it sure was nice to have our own privacy!!

OK -- thanks everyone -- just did it. Saved $1040 by booking the inside stateroom. Only issue is that I had to put wife on stateroom ressie with one of the boys because it was not directly across the hall. It was 1 room down from being directly across the hall. Now this is all fine and dandy unless I get stuck in the stateroom with one of the boys:eek: -- So now I have 2 rooms a JR. Suite and inside stateroom for 1000 less than if all 4 of us were in the suite. the operator even seemed a bit surprised on the huge savings.. Unbelievable...

I don't think you even have to book an adult in the inside cabin since it is right across the hall...

We do this all the time. And I agree...you do not have to book an adult in the inside room. Our kids are always booked in a room by themselves. As long as they are close, RCCL is OK with it.

I would call back and talk with someone else. We have had the kids one or two rooms down and across the hall and it was OK. It seems like everytime you call you get a different answer.

Thanks Hardinggrad

-- I was so stunned about how much of a difference it was, I didn't want to push the issue and suddenly get disconnected before the modification was complete. haha. I will call back and try and worst case, I will handle it when I get on board. From all I hear, not that big of a deal to make it happen.

I did it years ago on the Monarch with my two kids. We both had oceanview cabins, but it was much easier in those small cabins to have only two per room. RCCL has absolutely not problem with kids in a separate cabin as long as you are nearby. They understand!

The official policy when booking is next door or DIRECTLY across the hall. once onboard easy to get extra room keys and sleep where you want. Some may have been lucky and had the kids booked in rooms a opulence away but that is not policy, plus then the kids can't take advantage of the double points.

We did this last year on the Jewel and next year on the Liberty. We just keep alternating the kids as to who is in the JS to keep the double points balanced out for that eventual day when they fly from the nest and start cruising on their own.

I guess the advantage to having the adults listed in separate cabins is that one of you could purchase the alcohol package and not have to purchase for both adults. I considered purchasing it on our upcoming cruise, but DH would have to purchase too and it would definitely not be worth it for him.

Enjoy your own cabin. You will be glad you did it. Our kids loved their own space.

OK -- thanks everyone -- just did it. Saved $1040 by booking the inside stateroom. Only issue is that I had to put wife on stateroom ressie with one of the boys because it was not directly across the hall. It was 1 room down from being directly across the hall. Now this is all fine and dandy unless I get stuck in the stateroom with one of the boys:eek: -- So now I have 2 rooms a JR. Suite and inside stateroom for 1000 less than if all 4 of us were in the suite. the operator even seemed a bit surprised on the huge savings.. Unbelievable...

Congratulations!

Archived