Crown Princess News?

Fisherwoman

Saw this news in the general CC News section and have now viewed the UTube.

Not on FB, so can't comment or rec, but thanks to Capt Greybeard for objecting to the concern about compensation for the Crown Princess pax due to missing a port. I am sure some on board had paid for plans, but when you look at that video, and see those people stranded with nothing but the clothes on their backs, fleeing their country due to terror, warfare of all sorts, one has to put the entire picture in perspective. Wouldn't we all want a better place for our still to be born child and children than the rubble of bombed out buildings with sarin gas burning at lungs & flesh?

If we had been offered compensation for the delay of saving 150 lives, it would have been refused, or turned over to a refugee agency. We would have been proud to be on that boat.

Thank you Princess for helping to rescue these people and offering basic first aid (and thank you for limiting smoking on your ships). We will consider you for future sailings.

There for the grace of God, go us all.

Saw this news in the general CC News section and have now viewed the UTube.

Not on FB, so can't comment or rec, but thanks to Capt Greybeard for objecting to the concern about compensation for the Crown Princess pax due to missing a port. I am sure some on board had paid for plans, but when you look at that video, and see those people stranded with nothing but the clothes on their backs, fleeing their country due to terror, warfare of all sorts, one has to put the entire picture in perspective. Wouldn't we all want a better place for our still to be born child and children than the rubble of bombed out buildings with sarin gas burning at lungs & flesh?

If we had been offered compensation for the delay of saving 150 lives, it would have been refused, or turned over to a refugee agency. We would have been proud to be on that boat.

Thank you Princess for helping to rescue these people and offering basic first aid (and thank you for limiting smoking on your ships). We will consider you for future sailings.

There for the grace of God, go us all.

Who is the Capt.

on the crown.

Don

FYI we are on ship at the moment ant witnessed the rescue, both coastguard and helicopter from our balcony. please do not believe everything you read and or hear in the press. As far as we are aware no one has asked for compensation and passengers are all sympathetic to those who are not able to partake in a luxury cruise. Yes we have all received a complimentary drink voucher which I am sure many passengers will not be using. On the morning wake up show handled by Lisa and Toby passengers are repeatedly praising the Captain for his seamanship and Humanity. When a ship is ordered to attend an incident such as this it is a maritime law that you go. You have no choice in the matter. As we also as passengers had no choice but to miss Corfu, a small price to pay for enabling a heavily pregnant lady fleeing for her life being able to give birth .....and survive..... To a healthy baby boy.

Go to the Cruise Critic News for the posting about this rescue.

My comment was based upon the news article which CC posted. Note the ending sentence, "The ship skipped Corfu on Sunday but arrived in Dubrovnik on Monday as planned. No compensation for the missed port was given." written by D Salzman, News Ed.

I do not know who the actual Capt on the Crown is.

"Capt Greybeard" (aka John Honeywell), is an experienced cruiser & blogger for a Brit paper, www.Mirror.co,uk He made this comment using his FaceBook account, below the news article:

"After a heart-warming story like that, you have to ask about compensation for passengers who missed Corfu. Seriously? That is a disgraceful final sentence."

Cruise Critic replied:

"As a consumer publication, anytime there is a change in itinerary where a port is skipped we always check to see if passengers will be compensated."

Since CC has decided only those with FaceBook can comment on news stories, I came here, to the Princess Board (as I posted earlier) to comment that I agreed with Capt Greybeard.

It is great to know from Bogof1 that the sentiments aboard the Crown Princess are supportive of the refugee rescue. Thank you for your first hand account.

It is very generous of Princess to offer free drink vouchers to pax. Even better that they offered food and first aid to the rescued. To know that the passengers are supportive of the actions of the ship's crew is heart warming. Yes, it's now a codified law of the sea to help in rescues, but it is based upon centuries of humanitarian generosity.

If we were current pax on the Crown Princess, knowing that those poor people were safe, would be the best compensation of all. :):cool::D

Archived