Breakaway 9916 Pictorial Review

Nalagh

Ron, because we did not exceed the room capacity I was allowed to book the second cabin in my name. I wanted 2 real beds and the idea of 3 showers enticed it along. The DOS is beautiful, but did not compare to the phenomenal set-up we had imho.

I just called my TA to see about your setup since I LOVED the idea.

Right now we are 5 in an S4 on the Getaway.

But, your S7 only sleeps 4 so I could not get all 5 of us in there and then book the

"regular" B4 for sleeping purposes. I tried LOL

At 3:30 we mustered in the Manhattan Dining room. It was quick and painless but I do not have any photos because I was trying to follow the rules(well this time anyway:p). We then proceeded to the informal CC sailaway party at H2o.

Again I do not have photos because I did not want to view this from a lens. It was breathtaking indeed. H2o is the perfect location to view the sail away sights!

It did not take long before all we saw was...

HPIM7192.jpg

We had reservations for cirque, but we did not need to be there early because we booked one of the 2 VIP tables. The price is $59 pp but because we were there the first night it was discounted to $44.99 pp. What a great deal it was!

The show was outstanding, so much better than the Epic show imho. There was ZERO whistle blowing. The dining service was excellent, and the meal was just okay, however much improved over the Epic's. ;)

HPIM7143.jpg

HPIM7144.jpg

We are not allowed to take pictures during the show, so I can not share food pics, but I do have a pic of the menu. ;)

HPIM7154.jpg

Holy cow was your balcony HUGE, now I know why mine was so small:D LOL

LOL, 9916 and the port side deck 9 suite have the largest balconies on the ship. I am a real balcony junkie and spent a majority of the cruise there.

Day 2

I really wanted to make my way to the Haven. My husband and parents went for an early breakfast as I hobbled to the balcony and sipped espresso. It was a long walk to the Haven, but I was a woman on a mission. My knee was swollen, but I had lacked the common sense to pack flats. All I had was heels. :eek:

I made it to the Haven and had french press, eggs benedict and then soaked in the hot tub. It was pure bliss!

HPIM7441.jpg

Oh, I'm really confused now...I thought you were in a Deck 10 Haven Suite...#10312...where was Jose the Butler then? :o

Our Butler Jose was assigned to all of the aft suites for his post. He was absolutely phenomenal!

Okay, back to day 2

The M&G was awesome! It was well attended, active and participatory. Tiffy rocked it! The name tags were a hit and the mixers were fun. The Senior staff made a great show and fun was had all around.

I must say this was a great group of peeps! We had a blast all week long. I have a few new forever friends I think! :D

After the M&G everyone went to the slot pull. My mom wanted to try a MDR for lunch. I wanted Cagney's (or the Epic Club, or the Haven), but mom won as well she is mom...:)

I had never eaten lunch in any MDR ever, and I was sceptical. If we have Cagney's, why not eat there?

We went off to Savor and it is a beautiful dining room, and the service was outstanding! We were seated be the window and served with all of the etiquette one would expect from fine dining. The order was taken as swiftly as the food arrived.

I was floored when I tasted the chicken burger and dumbfounded to realize that I had sat myself in Cagney's for the past few years denying myself the opportunity to try different selections than the very tired lunch suite menu. Live and learn.

HPIM7168.jpg

HPIM7167.jpg

HPIM7166.jpg

Edited by Nalagh

We then went back to our cabin for a siesta. We slept or read or both. Somehow I was lost in a Grisham novel on the balcony. It was serene, calm and conducive to then moving to our tub to read.

We then got ready for the suite party. Ben and Bendyman joined us! The suite party was crowded, but fun. I do not have pictures, but here is one of my Daddy!

HPIM7199.jpg

We stayed at the Haven for dinner and experienced culinary excellence!

Edited by Nalagh

Day 3-Cabin crawl day :D

I wish I had been walking well enough to do it, but that was not the case. Kyle did a wonderful job and I wish I had his pics of the solo cabin common area! He lugged mixers and treats (40lbs worth) onto the ship. He bought liqueur to make drinks and surprised everyone with a cocktail reception in the solo bar area....How cool is that!

They then made it to my cabin, and we had a great time because this is really a fantastic group!!!!

HPIM7222.jpg