Alaskan Rhapsody Aug 23rd-30th Photo Trip Report

Sinppu

Then our Awelaska cruise was over.

We disembarked in an orderly fashion and prepared to spend two days in seattle.

Later on that day we waved goodbye to the Rhapsody as she left on her last Alaska cruise of 2013.

IMG_3789.JPG

Our Seattle highlights were the Pike Place Market....

IMG_3648.JPG

...the Underground Seattle tour...

IMG_3732.JPG

...the views from Smith Tower...

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

...and the world's first Starbucks (that one was for Anouk, she's the only one who drinks coffee).

WP_20130831_20_38_23_Pro__highres.jpg

Pub Terrible Beauty at Lake Union:

20130830_201303.jpg

20130830_203410.jpg

And finally Joey Lake Union:

IMG_20130901_135354.jpg

20130901_135644.jpg

20130901_135652.jpg

20130901_135704.jpg

All the places were good. Joey was the least favourite one.

And thus, my friends and dear readers, ends our trip to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.

We hated it and will never go back.

Or then we just might have loved it and are planning our next group cruise for Spring 2015. Even now there are plenty of choices and we just need to agree on one.

Panama Canal is going quite strong at the moment :D

We had so much fun together.

WP_20130819_12_13_16_Pro.jpg

No, really we did.

WP_20130831_20_56_45_Pro__highres.jpg

IMG_2334.JPG

And just to end this all in a shock:

Anouk is Lowry's ex-girlfriend.

It's OK. They split up before we even met. :cool:

So if anyone has any questions, fire away.

I have saved all the compasses and have four other people to ask if I myself can't remember something (because I do know everything, OK?)

IMG_3735.JPG

The next report will be in.....(drum roll).....(more drum roll).....April 2014!!

That'll be just me and the hubby again.

WP_20130829_21_12_45_Pro__highres.jpg

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Have a nice day and even better next cruise :cool:

Great review of your Alaska Cruise. I am glad that you enjoyed Rock Britainia. I saw Graham Seymore perform Rock Britania on the Freedom of the Seas a few years back. Hopefully you made it to his comedy show.

We did and we liked it so much. He is great, just got married in fact. Had funny jokes about that too. :D

Yet another very enjoyable review! Thanks for the time and effort Sinny.

You're welcome Bob. Thanks for reading it again :)

Thanks for the ride along. I am so ready to board the Rhapsody. :D

Do you have any information about the Luggage Valet service from the Rhapsody? Interested in what airlines are available for valet service. Thanks

Thanks Peggy.

It wasn't very many airlines. I did read the note but didn't save it. Delta, AA and two more. I'd say Southwest and a fourth one that wasn't familiar to me.

Sorry I can't be more specific :(

Thank you so much, best review ever!! RCI should hire you for sales. We are now booked for the same trip/ship same week next year!:D

My husband says the same :)

I love cruising so much I keep selling it to people and not even get paid for it :D

Thanks so much, I hope your cruise is brilliant!!

Edited by Sinppu

Sinny, I'll miss you. Your review was great, especially the pictures. When do you return home? I'll be on the Rhapsody next Aug. 22 to Alaska and because of your review, I can't wait. Thanks, again and safe trip home for all of you. madmarti:)

Sinny,

I love your review and glad to see you enjoyed your time in Canada. Our first cruise was to Alaska for our honeymoon, followed by a week in Vancouver. Your review was like a trip down memory lane. I was happy to see you converted your friends, and glad to see the purchases of technology too.

I hope I don't screw this up. kiitos ihana katsaus

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

Great review! We are booked on the Rhapsody to Alaska next May.

Thanks and have a great cruise!

Lovely review!

We are interior cabin users as well. If it justs cost half of it, then we can travel twice for the same price. As simple as that :D

It is indeed very simple :D

Sinny, I'll miss you. Your review was great, especially the pictures. When do you return home? I'll be on the Rhapsody next Aug. 22 to Alaska and because of your review, I can't wait. Thanks, again and safe trip home for all of you. madmarti:)

Home already :D

A&A had a different flight and theirs got delayed over 24 hours, first because of the weather and then a mdeical emergency :eek:

But all safe at home now!

Sinny,

I love your review and glad to see you enjoyed your time in Canada. Our first cruise was to Alaska for our honeymoon, followed by a week in Vancouver. Your review was like a trip down memory lane. I was happy to see you converted your friends, and glad to see the purchases of technology too.

I hope I don't screw this up. kiitos ihana katsaus

Andrew

Ooohh thank you!! You didn't screw it up at all :):)

Canada got me hooked. I've always wanted to see the Great White North and now I want to see more!!

I've been planning a trip to Ontario and Quebec for quite a while already...

Buying the tech gadgets saved my friends hundreds of euros. Worth it and so was introducing them to cruising.

Edited by Sinppu

Ooohh thank you!! You didn't screw it up at all :):)

Canada got me hooked. I've always wanted to see the Great White North and now I want to see more!!

I've been planning a trip to Ontario and Quebec for quite a while already...

Buying the tech gadgets saved my friends hundreds of euros. Worth it and so was introducing them to cruising.

We live in Ontario and there is lots for you to do. I am off to Quebec on Friday for the weekend and the fall colours of leaves are changing there already. When ever you decide to return I think you and your travelling partners will have a wonderful time.

As for saving the Euros, perfect move. Introducing your friends to cruising, priceless. Hope we can sail with you all one day, but until then we shall enjoy your reviews.:)

Andrew

We live in Ontario and there is lots for you to do. I am off to Quebec on Friday for the weekend and the fall colours of leaves are changing there already. When ever you decide to return I think you and your travelling partners will have a wonderful time.

As for saving the Euros, perfect move. Introducing your friends to cruising, priceless. Hope we can sail with you all one day, but until then we shall enjoy your reviews.:)

Andrew

I see you like the Oasis Class :)

So do we. Maybe the third Oasis Class will be our the ship we'll meet on? You never know :D

Hi Sinppu,

Wow! What a gem!

I just read the entire review in one sitting! I LOVED it! Thank you so much! ....and I just can't wait to read all of your other reviews as well --- sigh, I guess I won't get anything done around here for the next couple of days -- I'll be too busy reading.

Thank you again!

Stef

The others woke up and we decided to have breakfast in the Park Café. It was pretty easy to find seats (which I found surprising).

IMG_3428.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

See the little black spots?

IMG_3445.JPG

They are seals.

IMG_3459.JPG

WP_20130827_07_32_24_Pro__highres.jpg

WP_20130827_07_35_47_Pro__highres.jpg

Imagine having this as the view while eating your breakfast.

Now have I sold you an Alaska cruise already?

I'm ready to cruise Alaska but have to wait until after the Allure cruise (saw your report). Glad to see you and your friend having so much fun. Had a great trip in Tahiti - was costly but beautiful. Thanks for the review. It's wonderful!!!

Gary & Julie

So if anyone has any questions, fire away.

I have saved all the compasses and have four other people to ask if I myself can't remember something (because I do know everything, OK?)

IMG_3735.JPG

The next report will be in.....(drum roll).....(more drum roll).....April 2014!!

That'll be just me and the hubby again.

WP_20130829_21_12_45_Pro__highres.jpg

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Have a nice day and even better next cruise :cool:

What ship in April. We will be doing B2B on Allure in April.

Gary