Allure of the Seas Review 8th September - Western Caribbean

You met a much better quality selection of celebrities, IMHO.:)

I would probably have to agree there. However, my encounter with Trainman will be short lived, as he won't be sailing with Royal from next year. I hope he does change his mind. I understand his issues with the new policy, but as a non-smoker, I partly welcome the change. It's a trend that is being adopted pretty much across the industry. I hope that those who leave RCCL do come back soon.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Haiti.

Below is the map where all the images had been taken during the cruise.

9839602136_531a23d8eb_z.jpg

Below is the Cabanas I could see from the ship.

9859575124_bb09b0fb64_c.jpg

9859672653_86e2ae910a_c.jpg

There is a digger on the beach. Therefore I am unsure if this is a new beach, but from what I understand a new set of Cabanas are in the process of being built, due to demand for them.

The view of the other cabanas in front of mine

9839651274_e09226c8fb_c.jpg

This is my Cabana from the sand

9839685756_666825bf23_c.jpg

The Cabana I was in, is technically over the water, but there was some sand immediately in front of the Cabana.

This is the view of the Allure of the Seas from my Cabana.

9839672195_4ca8dc4ffe_c.jpg

Hi Novicetraveller. I read in your review that you went to the scavenger hunt. Can you give me a few examples from the list? Is it a photo scavenger hunt or one that you gather items. We loved the family scavenger hunt on our last cruise. I see on the schedule that this is just listed as scavenger hunt with no specifics. I'm trying to decide if it something that children in our group might enjoy. Thanks!

Royal Caribbean has a special event for Suite Guests (and possibly other guests) where you can go on the Helipad for the sailaway from Labadee.

The departure from Haiti was slightly delayed by an hour, due to a maintenance failure.

9839601014_3c59d733d8_c.jpg

9839702633_f8970bb121_c.jpg

9839586644_4cf7efbbf0_c.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the guys who will be serving the table I am at in the Main Dining Room.

Koulman

9839588495_926cb7b4fa_c.jpg

and on the left is Randolph

9839581144_4f80dd9a95_c.jpg

Sadly, I don't know the name of the person in the middle, but he was not assigned to us.

Hi Novicetraveller. I read in your review that you went to the scavenger hunt. Can you give me a few examples from the list? Is it a photo scavenger hunt or one that you gather items. We loved the family scavenger hunt on our last cruise. I see on the schedule that this is just listed as scavenger hunt with no specifics. I'm trying to decide if it something that children in our group might enjoy. Thanks!

Unfortunately I gave up after about 10 minutes. They gave us 20 minutes to get things from various places. Including merchandise, plus a few other items. I have the list of things somewhere in my paperwork, and I will try and find it. It's not a photo scavenger hunt, but one that you have to gather items.

It is a group event, and not something you can do on your own.... which I found out early on.

That's it for today. I'm off to finish watching the X-Factor UK. It's the auditions round. Tomorrow I will post something from Yo Mon country... AKA Jamaica. Any questions so far? Sorry I haven't said a lot about the Allure so far, but feel free to ask me any questions. If I don't have the answers, then I humbly apologise.

In summary, Haiti is pretty much a beach day, and it's a day to be on land. Some cruisers would enjoy the quiet time on the ship, but it's sometimes nice to be on land.

The Cabana is a tad expensive, for what you get, but I guess that is what people are happy to pay. I enjoyed the quiet time, and occasionally meeting people from the Roll Call. The buffet in the Barefoot Beach is somewhat limiting from a vegetarian point of view. So if you are a vegetarian, it's probably best to get your order in with your Dining Room Manager, or Concierge, at least the day before, so that something can be arranged for you when you are in Haiti. I believe the Buffet in the main area is more veggie friendly. But it has been a while since I had the Buffet on the main beach area, so things may have changed since then.

So I noticed my post had been relegated to the 3rd page on Cruise Critic. I'm surprised there hasn't been any more questions as of yet. No Cabana questions? No questions about the ship? Are you ready to hear about Jamaica? :(

Did you know that the Oasis of the Seas is heavier than the Allure, even though the Allure of the Seas is longer by 2 inches. If size matters, is it good to be smaller?

DW is very excited about having a cabana for our next cruise. What was included with the cabana? I understand that the buffet is upgraded as well. What was included with that?

You get a overhead fan, a few beach towels, a floating mat, a cabana attendant who will bend over backwards for you, transportstion to and from the pier and cabana and access to the buffet. You also get 3 or 4 bottles of water in a cooler box.

The majority of buffet is geared towards meat eaters. I did see some rice, with what appeared to be bacon bits, corn on the cob, fruit and a few meat items. Sorry, I didn't look at the food options too closely, but from what I gather, the options are good, unless you are a vegetarian.

It is upgraded, but options, in my opinion, is limited. If you have any specific requirements, make RCCL aware as soon as you can.

I understand they do Dreamworks Parade two times. Are those two the same parade or different?

Thank you.

From what I recall, they are identical parades. However, on my first encounter of the Allure, Captain Johnny made a special appearance on the 2nd parade on his Harley. This is the only variation I am aware of... otherwise it is identical. This is to allow as many people to see the show as possible.

It is possible to see the parade from the bar that is located on deck 6.

If you have a look at the Dropbox link I posted earlier, you will find the crib sheet I was given. Sadly, I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't a Photographic Scavenge Hunt.

Slight order malfunction. I should have posted this sunrise shot first.

This was seen on my way to Haiti.

9839674695_b4a8c5c47a_c.jpg

Holy crapoly! That's an amazing shot. All your photos are wonderful.

I would love to get the same camera you have, but it's just a wee bit out of my budget :o However, next year for my birthday I'm planning to buy myself a Canon 70D and maybe a new lens. I'm finding that my Canon T1i has a problem focusing in the dark - or maybe that's just an operator problem :rolleyes:

You get a overhead fan, a few beach towels, a floating mat, a cabana attendant who will bend over backwards for you, transportstion to and from the pier and cabana and access to the buffet. You also get 3 or 4 bottles of water in a cooler box.

The majority of buffet is geared towards meat eaters. I did see some rice, with what appeared to be bacon bits, corn on the cob, fruit and a few meat items. Sorry, I didn't look at the food options too closely, but from what I gather, the options are good, unless you are a vegetarian.

It is upgraded, but options, in my opinion, is limited. If you have any specific requirements, make RCCL aware as soon as you can.

The rice has beans in it, not bacon bits. There is fruit, corn, salads, steak, shrimp, jerk chicken, burgers, cookies as well as condiments. We've had the cabana buffet three times and it's always the same.

Holy crapoly! That's an amazing shot. All your photos are wonderful.

I would love to get the same camera you have, but it's just a wee bit out of my budget :o However, next year for my birthday I'm planning to buy myself a Canon 70D and maybe a new lens. I'm finding that my Canon T1i has a problem focusing in the dark - or maybe that's just an operator problem :rolleyes:

I think you have chosen a good camera to go with. Low light photography can be tricky with most cameras, but the newer ones are a marked improvement. I was going to say go for the 7D for a bit more money, but the 70D has a newer sensor which would make it worth the saving.