Summit "Live" 9/21/13 Havana Daydreamin in a Northern Latitude

Havana Daydreamin

Love, love loved your travelog! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort! Your pictures are spectacular and your commentary/observations have been entertaining and informative. Because of your great posts, I will be taking this cruise in the next year or two. Since you're from Kansa, you will understand when I say..."it all depends on the harvest". Have a safe trip home and I hope to read more of your travel adventures in the future.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It certainly was fun to do this thread.

We are at the airport waiting for our 4 pm flight out.

As promised, I will do a reflections post cruise upon returning to Kansas. But I will have to wait a bit as I have a funeral that was held for me to be present at on Tuesday. First things first in that regard.

To all those boarding today I bid you calm winds and following seas! NO nori and a fantastic time. We sure did!!

Thanks for all the nice comments. It certainly was fun to do this thread.

We are at the airport waiting for our 4 pm flight out.

As promised, I will do a reflections post cruise upon returning to Kansas. But I will have to wait a bit as I have a funeral that was held for me to be present at on Tuesday. First things first in that regard.

To all those boarding today I bid you calm winds and following seas! NO nori and a fantastic time. We sure did!!

Thank you Havana, and may you have an uneventful flight home, and may your luggage arrive in the same place you do!

Thanks, though there's always the potential of non reports, so it makes me nervous that just because they didn't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

We are going to bring some things to try to wipe down whatever we can in the cabin. I wont let it ruin the cruise, per se, i've been waiting for this trip since last year when I booked it while on board the Reflection inaugural in October. I just hope we all stay healthy.

Good for you, that is the right approach!!!

Safe trip, I will be boarding when you return...... It looks like you guys are going to get the peak of the turning leaves....it should be glorious:)

Good for you, that is the right approach!!!

Safe trip, I will be boarding when you return...... It looks like you guys are going to get the peak of the turning leaves....it should be glorious:)

We are in board. Plastic wrap around all of ocean yew, drinks closed off. Chemical smell all over from the cleaning presumably. Here's hoping it works.

Enjoyed your trip report. This cruise is now on our list to do.

Can you give a run down of your cigars? I enjoy cigars on vacation. Not an expert. We will be in Carribean in January and plan to pick up some cubans. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Enjoyed your trip report. This cruise is now on our list to do.

Can you give a run down of your cigars? I enjoy cigars on vacation. Not an expert. We will be in Carribean in January and plan to pick up some cubans. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I like for the most part medium to full bodied cigars.

I brought a selection from my humidor from home.

I had Oliva V, Newmann's Julius Caesar, Fuente Opus X, Bolivar, Partagas and Partagas Black, and Cohiba along to mention a few.

As for suggestions to you for cigars, I would certainly be careful to purchase from a good cigar. La Casa Del Habano is VERY reputable. As you might know many shops market knockoffs as original.

I like Partagas in particular when I have a chance to purchase a Habano. If you are going to be in Nassau, I do recommend going to Greycliffe. They are pricey but very nice cigars also across a wide range tastes from mild to bold.

Hope it helps. Cigars like Single Malt Scotch is such a personal and varied taste.

Enjoy your sticks in the Caribbean!

Your photos have been fantastic. Thank you for sharing your cruise with us! I know I appreciate it even moreso being on the one following yours. I hope we are blessed with weather like you had, but so far the forecasts are calling for chances of rain in several ports. If it means no noro, I'll take the rain though...LOL.

Safe travels to all tomorrow, going and coming.

We made it home safely although the air travel was an adventure in itself with schedule being changed from Newark to Dallas and then sat on the plane at the gate for TWO hours with a aircraft computer problem and waiting for passengers delayed by weather to catch up.

But home to minister to a family who lost a 47 year old husband/father.

I still plan on my Post Cruise Reflections and maybe as I sort through pictures a few more.

Best Regards! I hope you are enjoying your cruise so far!

Thanks. I hope he had a good vacation.

How are things otherwise - re: noro? Hope everyone is coping well.

Ship is supposedly still noro free. We came out from the restrictions this past Friday I think it was. The crew has been working their tails off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Ship is supposedly still noro free. We came out from the restrictions this past Friday I think it was. The crew has been working their tails off.

There are still restrictions in the main dining room, i.e. no salt and pepper shakers or bread on the table. The waiters still have to serve that to you. I heard the only reason the buffet is back to normal is because of so many passenger complaints. I have seen some things that passengers did at the buffet since the restrictions were lifted that concerned me, e.g. one man picked up a cookie from a tray of cookies with his hand instead of using the tongs, and a lady dropped a sign on the floor and couldn't reach it with her hands, so she used her foot to reach it and drag it over to her. Then she picked it up and put it back on the top shelf above the food. Yuk!

There are still restrictions in the main dining room, i.e. no salt and pepper shakers or bread on the table. The waiters still have to serve that to you. I heard the only reason the buffet is back to normal is because of so many passenger complaints. I have seen some things that passengers did at the buffet since the restrictions were lifted that concerned me, e.g. one man picked up a cookie from a tray of cookies with his hand instead of using the tongs, and a lady dropped a sign on the floor and couldn't reach it with her hands, so she used her foot to reach it and drag it over to her. Then she picked it up and put it back on the top shelf above the food. Yuk!

True still no bread baskets or salt and pepper but I can deal with that. The sailing seems to be doing well at least. I e not heard of any cases or noro. I wasn't well one night and stayed in the cabin but didn't have the runs or tossing if cookies. Whatever I had left in a few hours with a fever that broke overnight. So, is the ship healthy? Maybe not, but its doing well considering.

I'm still sad to have it ending soon. :(

True still no bread baskets or salt and pepper but I can deal with that. The sailing seems to be doing well at least. I e not heard of any cases or noro. I wasn't well one night and stayed in the cabin but didn't have the runs or tossing if cookies. Whatever I had left in a few hours with a fever that broke overnight. So, is the ship healthy? Maybe not, but its doing well considering.

I'm still sad to have it ending soon. :(

We just got back home tonight from the October 5-19 sailing on the Summit, and all three of us (our son included) got colds toward the end of the cruise. We heard others on the ship coughing too, including some of the crew. So instead of the noro, the common cold seemed to be going around. Hopefully the next sailing won't experience any of that. Judy and Bill

We just got back home tonight from the October 5-19 sailing on the Summit, and all three of us (our son included) got colds toward the end of the cruise. We heard others on the ship coughing too, including some of the crew. So instead of the noro, the common cold seemed to be going around. Hopefully the next sailing won't experience any of that. Judy and Bill

Agreed on this one. I have a touch of something myself. The person in the cabin next to us was hacking up a LUNG for the last week of the cruise. Sounded horrible. I just prayed it didn't spread to our cabin.

Wouldn't be the first time I've gotten a cold on board though, picked up a NASTY one a few years ago on my HAL cruise. It's the season for them, unfortunately.