Cruise Booked

Lauranne

Although I purchased future cruise credits on my HAL August cruise, we didn't book a HAL cruise. I have window of 10 days in April that I can be away and their are very few cruises available that are a good fit. I first considered a Royal Caribbean immersion cruise from Brazil to Argentina and Uraguay. I put down a deposit but wasn't sure if this was the cruise for us so I canceled. I continued to search and found a excursion cruise on Silverseas second excursion ship, the Silver Galapagos. I have a hold on a cabin and I have talked DH into the idea. I am a bit shell shocked at the price but this is on the bucket list and now seems a good time. I have until Thursday to put down the 25% deposit and I do believe that I will do it. I sure hope that Silversea's Galapagos is everything that we hope for.

I know RandyK47 sails Silversea and has been very happy with the line. Hopefully he sees this thread and can share some insight with you. All things being equal, it should be a superior experience to HAL:D Have a great cruise and if you wish a Bon Voyage - please post on our Future Cruise listing and we will happily wish you one. We are including regular Hal board members no matter what line they are sailing:D

Thank you for your comments. I know that I should be posting to the Silversea board but the HAL board is my home and frankly I'm a bit intimidated by Silversea.

Roy. I didn't realize that Silversea has offered cruises in the Galapagos before. What were you disappointed with?

Thank you for your comments. I know that I should be posting to the Silversea board but the HAL board is my home and frankly I'm a bit intimidated by Silversea.

Roy. I didn't realize that Silversea has offered cruises in the Galapagos before. What were you disappointed with?

My Silversea cruise was not in the Galapagos. It was Athens to Dubai, and I found the frills wonderful, but other things were not so good, like starting 4 days at sea with a 1-day supply of laundry detergent. One morning after a walk I went to a lounge for coffee to take back to my room. A steward came very close to restraining me and said "If you want coffee in your room go back to your room and wait for room service." It's one of the few cruise lines I have any desire to revisit.

I've sailed with International Expeditions twice, first on the upper Amazon, and was so happy with that experience I returned to them for the Galapagos.

Roy

Re-reading Roy's post I see that he is not happy with Silversea in general and travelled to the Galapagos with another company.

Sail, I guess my question is, is Silversea worth the money?

Only you can decide if it is worth that amount of money to you.

We have no way to measure that for you.

I was invited to lunch and an afternoon aboard Silversea a few years ago when one of their ships was in Boston. I guess they were hoping for our business. :) The ship was beautiful but it wasn't for us. Just didn't 'call out to me'. I'm not sure that means a thing but was my personal experience.

Only you can decide if it is worth that amount of money to you.

We have no way to measure that for you.

I was invited to lunch and an afternoon aboard Silversea a few years ago when one of their ships was in Boston. I guess they were hoping for our business. :) The ship was beautiful but it wasn't for us. Just didn't 'call out to me'. I'm not sure that means a thing but was my personal experience.

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut instinct when you have the opportunity to tour a ship. I've done nearly all the ones that come into Vancouver (lunch tours are a regular thing here, trying to get people to book or put down a future cruise deposit) and only one ship felt totally not right to me - the X Millenium. Too dark!

I didn't like the 'ambiance'...... there was a bit of 'tude' IMO.

I didn't even like the uniforms/dresses with neat little aprons on the female stewardesses. It just wasn't my sort of atmosphere.

Certainly, No one need agree. :)

Archived