Allure - Eastern Route Main Dining Menu - worth skipping?

Rowtyd

In your opinion, Which main dining room seating on the Allure is worth skipping or has been labelled as a least favorite? Trying to decide which nights to book specialty dining or stick with Windjammer. Thanks for any info or advice.

Deciding which day to skip is a personal opinion. My DW and I are real relaxed and hate being on a schedule. When we were on the Oasis in April we had MTD. My chore everyday was to walk to the elevator bank when we were hungry and check the main dining room menu. If nothing was of interest we just went to the specialty dining restaurant we wanted and ate there. We never had any problems walking in. Thats just my experience but once you're on the ship you can see all the menus and you'll see there are nights that are going to less appealing and you can make alternate plans.

My least favorite night is Pomodoro. That is generally the last night so we go to say goodbye to the waiters, etc. But usually do a large lunch and a small dinner. My second least favorite is Pimiento. That is the night we usually miss for specialty dining. I do like the Roast Garlic soup though on that night. But the entrees seem of the least interest to me. But these are just personal choices. I have found that there is something at least "pretty good" on every night, and usually something I like every night.

On Allure East, we did the MDR all but one night. Our day in St. Thomas we did Chops and it was awesome. The reason we chose this day, is we were early seating and didn't want to rush back since we ferried to St John. We enjoyed everything in the MDR. Food is very subjective though.

JM

• 1 month later...

We only ate the MDR three of thirteen nights. We ate at all the specialty restaurants and Windjammer. Most nights the Windjammer had many of the same selections the MDR did, so we didn't have to change into dinner clothes and still enjoyed the selections. We also did the Windjammer more often on this cruise because the MDR took 2-3 hours, which was too lengthy for us to sit around waiting between courses. We were at a table for 2 which also takes less time than a larger table.

We only ate the MDR three of thirteen nights. We ate at all the specialty restaurants and Windjammer. Most nights the Windjammer had many of the same selections the MDR did, so we didn't have to change into dinner clothes and still enjoyed the selections. We also did the Windjammer more often on this cruise because the MDR took 2-3 hours, which was too lengthy for us to sit around waiting between courses. We were at a table for 2 which also takes less time than a larger table.

We just got off the Allure last Sunday after spending 14 days on it. We ate in the main dining room, table for two, and were out of there in an hour and fifteen minutes, or less every night except for the lobster night each cruise. Those nights is was an hour and a half or so.

Least favourite was 2nd formal night which is also Lobster night, wish I hadn't bothered. Worst meal I have ever had on a RCI ship. Also MTD on Allure was extremely rushed for 2 people. The staff wanted you in and out in record time. We normally share a bottle of wine over dinner and on this night, despite telling the staff not to rush we nearly didn't have time to finish our wine they served us so quickly! 45 mins is not a relaxing dinner in my book.

In your opinion, Which main dining room seating on the Allure is worth skipping or has been labelled as a least favorite? Trying to decide which nights to book specialty dining or stick with Windjammer. Thanks for any info or advice.

We are on Allure now. We had dinner in Chops last night ( day 3) so not sure what the menu was. Day 1&2 were good. Do not order the steak. It's so tough none of us could eat it ( in dining room. Steak in chops was superb).

far too personal a matter. in fact on a few menus I'd quite happy with selections offered and DH is like.. blergh.

plus I dunno about you but what looks intriguing before the cruise may NOT be what I want/crave the actual day of. Many a day I have gotten to the MDR and just wanted something light, or massively craving a big hearty slab of dead cow with horseradish.

I will say this.. the last cruise on those days when we were not in Specialty and nothing on the MDR menu appealed.. we ended up not enjoying the offerings in WJ either. when all you can find is a DIY salad and a baked potato something is wrong.

I have the MDR menu in my dropbox, which can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9e3nhv9a4us03iy/uiRJrsLErd.

I personally avoided the Windjammer for the most part of my cruise. Whilst the food may be ok, it wasn't really to my liking.

Very awsome the menu spreadsheet you have in your locker! Can anyone tell me the order of the menu on the Eastern route? I'm sure it has to be different since the port days are off. Trying to make some reservations for our upcoming. Thanks----

We are on Allure now. We had dinner in Chops last night ( day 3) so not sure what the menu was. Day 1&2 were good. Do not order the steak. It's so tough none of us could eat it ( in dining room. Steak in chops was superb).

Does Chops still have white glove service? We were on Jewel 3 years ago and not only was the meal outstanding, so was the service. Just curious if anything has changed.