Bring a friend

Merly

I know this has been raised recently so apologise for asking again. We are booking a cruise for next year for 9 family members. 2 couples are new to RCI. We are booking through a TA and when we asked about the 25 dollar credit for the Bring a Friend promo for each cabin ( there will be 2) the TA asked RCI and was told they didn't know anything about it. Yet it is still on the website. How do we have this credited please. It is just a question of asking again? Does it have to be completed at the time of booking? Also we will want to be on one table for dinner, should we arrange this now through the TA? When ever we sail usually we never get our requested table size and always have to change on board. Any thing else we should be aware of for a booking of this nature?

Many thanks in advance

I know this has been raised recently so apologise for asking again. We are booking a cruise for next year for 9 family members. 2 couples are new to RCI. We are booking through a TA and when we asked about the 25 dollar credit for the Bring a Friend promo for each cabin ( there will be 2) the TA asked RCI and was told they didn't know anything about it. Yet it is still on the website. How do we have this credited please. It is just a question of asking again? Does it have to be completed at the time of booking? Also we will want to be on one table for dinner, should we arrange this now through the TA? When ever we sail usually we never get our requested table size and always have to change on board. Any thing else we should be aware of for a booking of this nature?

Many thanks in advance

Regarding the Bring a Friend promo, if you go to this page:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cas/homeLoggedout.do?snav=1&cS=NAVBAR&pnav=6&wuc=GBR

Look towards the bottom for the Bring a Friend promo. You have to login to your Royal account to be able to sign up for the promo.

Note also that you cannot use this promo if your bookings are part of a travel agent group.

Regarding the Bring a Friend promo, if you go to this page:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cas/homeLoggedout.do?snav=1&cS=NAVBAR&pnav=6&wuc=GBR

Look towards the bottom for the Bring a Friend promo. You have to login to your Royal account to be able to sign up for the promo.

Note also that you cannot use this promo if your bookings are part of a travel agent group.

Thanks but I have done this. It then says refer to terms and conditions to refer a friend but when I select the link it says page not available.

They say it can't be combined with the balcony discount. Does this sound right?

That was not the case for me, and is not consistent with the terms and conditions on the US site. Maybe there are different terms for the UK, but these are the terms on the US site:

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after January 21, 2011 and sail on or after January 21, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after January 21, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

That was not the case for me, and is not consistent with the terms and conditions on the US site. Maybe there are different terms for the UK, but these are the terms on the US site:

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after January 21, 2011 and sail on or after January 21, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after January 21, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

Thank you. I will try again tomorrow.

Log into the C&A section of the RCCL website. Scroll down and on the left under your name and member ship number is the link for Bring a Friend that actually works.

The Bring a Friend credit is combine-able with the balcony discount.

I think part of the problem is that the OP is in England and cannot use the US website.

Log into the C&A section of the RCCL website. Scroll down and on the left under your name and member ship number is the link for Bring a Friend that actually works.

The Bring a Friend credit is combine-able with the balcony discount.

Wow, going through that route worked. I need my TA to give me the friends booking numbers and I will do it. Thank you very much, thank you as well Clarea for all your help.

Wow, going through that route worked. I need my TA to give me the friends booking numbers and I will do it. Thank you very much, thank you as well Clarea for all your help.

One more thing - the last time I did this via the website, I got some sort of error about the friend's age. All I had to do was have the friend complete their online check-in (which included their birth date) and then I was able to complete the bring-a-friend form on the website without an error.

One more thing - the last time I did this via the website, I got some sort of error about the friend's age. All I had to do was have the friend complete their online check-in (which included their birth date) and then I was able to complete the bring-a-friend form on the website without an error.

Thanks Bob. One more question which I know you can answer. What us the e mail address to request our table preference as we never get what we ask for and always have to sort it out on board.

Thanks Bob. One more question which I know you can answer. What us the e mail address to request our table preference as we never get what we ask for and always have to sort it out on board.

I've had good luck using [noparse]rcldining@rccl.com[/noparse].

I'm of course not Bob but can suggest an additional e-mail for dining requests..I think you might be on the INDY (correct me if I'm wrong)

ID_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator@rccl.com

The first two letters are the ship code and also remember the underscore_between ID and restaurant. Best of luck and enjoy.

I have an onboard credit for using a Next Cruise Certificate and I have $75.00 OBC for having 3 cabins booked for friends who are first time cruisers. I called C & A, then handled the Friends OBC and then verified that I had $175.00 total OBC. I am booked thru a travel agent, but not part of a group.

I also used a savings certificate. I would check again about combining these OBC's. Happy Cruising!!:)

I have an onboard credit for using a Next Cruise Certificate and I have $75.00 OBC for having 3 cabins booked for friends who are first time cruisers. I called C & A, then handled the Friends OBC and then verified that I had $175.00 total OBC. I am booked thru a travel agent, but not part of a group.

I also used a savings certificate. I would check again about combining these OBC's. Happy Cruising!!:)

That was my experience too.

I'm guessing that when someone has trouble combining a Royal OBC with the bring-a-friend OBC, the Royal OBC might be from the WOW sale. The WOW sale OBC is more restricted than the Next Cruise OBC.

Just make sure you complete the "Bring a friend" paperwork at least 11 days pre-cruise. We sailed the Oasis with friends who have never been on RCCL and joined us last minute. We couldn't get the credit because we didn't complete the application 10 days prior to cruising; so basically it was too late.

Archived