Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

I just finished reading another one of your great reviews and really enjoyed it, just as I've enjoyed the others. You have some really pretty pictures and I love being able to "see" places we've been to and also the places we haven't been to yet to get an idea if it's somewhere we'd like to go. We were in Grand Turk in 2010 but didn't have an opportunity to get to the "wall", but I've heard about the "chilling feeling", but also how awesome it is from other posts on the "Ports of Call, Grand Turk" boards. If we ever get back, that is something I'd like to do. I really enjoyed your pictures and the video of the "wall" to actually get a feel for what it is like.

I just noticed at the end of your review that you're going to be doing the Valor Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. We just did that one this past May and LOVED it! We loved Valor and the itinerary, which is one of my all time favorites. All of the islands are beautiful and all very different. We were on a similar cruise on our honeymoon on Carnival Festivale, which is no longer with Carnival, and that was quite a while ago and I'd forgotten how pretty it was. I only had a film camera then, so not many pictures to help me remember everything.

Thank you again for taking the time do this review. I'd love to do a repeat Valor/Southern out of San Juan, but now I'm thinking I'd love to try the Breeze Southern.

Thanks pghsteelerfan for following my reviews. The support makes it all worth it. Mike

Mike I have read through most of your past reviews and you do a great job. I love seeing all the pictures. We are going on the Breeze in Jan. 2014 and this review made it so I can't wait. I am pretty sure our friends are going to be in the same cabin you were in also. Thanks for all your work you put into these reviews.:D

Thank you and you can tell your friends that we loved the location ofthe cabin. Mike

Thank you for another fantastic review!!! I was on the Breeze this past August and did not see that map anywhere, can you tell me please where did you purchase it? We will be sailing on her again in June 2014 and would love to purchase it. Also, do you happen to know what size it is? Once again thank you for the great review and photos, cannot wait until your next one :D:D:D

Thank you, I purchased it in the Fun Shop. They are in canisters and the canisters were in a bin. The size is 18" by 24".

Mike,,,thanks again for another great review. We're leaving on the Valor Sunday for a lot of those lesser Antilles places that don't have any gold pins in them yet!!:rolleyes:

Can't promise a review as good as yours, but I'll try and do a little write up when we return.:cool:

Lucky you, I be looking for your review. :D

Just want to say thanks and that was the best and most comprehensive review I've ever read on CC. Really put me on the ship with you. I've seen many reviews of the Breeze but yours is the one that will make me book that ship in the future. Thanks for taking so much time and doing it the right way!!!

Thank you, I appreciate your comments. :):)

What a great review! I will miss reading it at lunchtime:) We are really looking forward to

Breeze for NYE, I feel like I know the ship already from your pictures!

We did the Valor in July, great cruise and our first time to St. Lucia and St. Kitts. St. Lucia is beautiful, we loved our boating excursion and my DH and I going to go back for a land vacation, just like we had to do for Aruba. Thanks again! Will look forward to the next one!

Thanks LDR. Glad you enjoyed it best of luck with your NYE cruise on Breeze. Mike

Thanks, Mike, for another great review!:) That sunset from the Cucina was amazing! And your food looked so good, too. Our only disappointment on our Breeze cruise in July was our dinner at the Cucina. We found service was lacking and the food just so so. Maybe we'll give it another try one day.:)

Heather

As always thank you for reading my reviews and your support. :):)

Mike, Thanks for this absolutely AMAZING review! The time & effort you have put into this is very appreciated by everyone. Your photos of Aruba & Curacao bring back great memories of when I was in both of those countries.

I hope your arm is feeling better!

Thank you, yes it's feeling better. :)

A BIG Thank You to you for posting this fabulous review & to Tracy for allowing you to share so much time with us spent on posting it!

Thanks, she very understanding. I told her it would take about a month and it took almost 8 weeks. :eek: She didn't complain to much. What she doesn't like is when I do a review I set up my laptop on the dining room table and I have a bunch of papers, funtimes, scanner, journal, etc. spread all over the table and it stays that way until I finish. :mad:

Hey Mike! I have been folowng and reading your reviews sinc the big one B2B2B2B2B in 2010. I feel like a member of your family watching the kids get older and more adult. Following you and your career ad your wife becoming a Mountie! Thank you so much for the great reviews! and thanks for sharng your family vacatons wth us. You are a great writer and should think about doing more with your gift!

Fred

Thanks Fred for coming along for the ride. ;)

HI all!

Mike ~ I just got back from 6 nights on the Breeze & 7 on Allure of the Seas so was surprised to see you were still doing your report. I loved the Breeze!

That was an amazing sunset from La Cucina! I also had the aranchini & that salad with the bits of lemon in it, I'm still thinking about it it was so good!;)

Good luck to Tracey on her musical ride endeavour.

I'm looking forward to your next cruise!

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks Jo, I was looking at your cruise history. I hope we get to cruise on as many cruise lines as you have. Nice! :D

[/url]

The next day we drove back to New-Brunswick, Canada.

Upon our return home we framed a Caribbean map that we purchased on Carnival Breeze and added pins to all of the places we have visited since we started cruising. The map is in our entertainment room and it’s a nice conversation piece. I can’t wait to add 6 more pins once we’ve concluded our next cruise.

DSC_0002_zps336aa879.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsc31e2049.jpg

Thank you for following my review, I know it was a long one and I appreciate everyone’s patience but with my work schedule and the couple of thousand photos to post, it was difficult to do it any quicker. For me these reviews will be something we, our kids and grandkids can hopefully look back on.

-------------------

Mike

What a great review of both ships ... We will be on the Breeze and the first day is our 10th anniversary (we were married on the Golden Princess and they gave us a map with the co-ordinates of the ship where it was when we were getting married by the Captain)

I love your idea of the map with the pins for the places you have been and I think I will try and get one when we are on the 8 day breeze in December :-) .... We would be able to put in a few pins :-) San Juan, St Martin, St Thomas, St. Lucia, St Kitts, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Grand Turk and would love to put more and more pins :-) Fav Island of them all is St Martin !!!:):):)

Thank you again for your review ... It was fantastic !!!

Cathie and David

Is your photobucket private? I want to print up some of the fun times and various camp schedules for the Breeze.

Had fun with your review. Need to sail out of NOLA sometime.

The Funtimes and the O2 and Circle C schedules are now public, Mike

Edited by MikeyA53

Fantastic review Mike - like everyone else I am going to miss the updates. You have made me want to take a cruise on the Breeze.

We did the same itinerary on the Victory last New Year's and it was by far our most favourite cruise to date. I know I don't have as many cruises under my belt as you do but we have also visited a few other places via All inclusive resorts.

I would highly recommend Cosol tours in St. Lucia. It is a full day itinerary and very much worth the price you pay. Here's a direct link to my review of this

day http://mymidlifeandbeyond.blogspot.ca/2013/01/new-years-eve-cruise-day-7.html

I also have my full review in my signature block.

I will look forward to Tracy being in the musical ride either this summer or next. (I still have to get out to see it)

Thank you, I will check it out and your review. :D

Wow, what an amazing review! I have booked my 10th cruise on the Breeze for 3/1/14 and cannot wait! You have definitely inspired me to take more pictures to document my travels! I will also be copying your map! Great idea! :)

Thank you Terran. Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Awesome review! This is the first review I ever read on the Carnival boards (loyal RCCL cruiser) - I just stumbled on your review and before reading had no interest in Carnival. Thanks to your review I am investigating a future cruise on the Breeze. An amazing ship that was done very well through your lens! Not the biggest fan of the Liberty but thanks to you I may now cruise carnival!

Thanks, that's great that your willing to try Carnival, I looking forward to trying RCCL and other cruise lines. :)

Hi Mike & Tracy!

Do you have any shows that you suggest/would not suggest on the Breeze? I always find myself going to shows that I don't end up enjoying and then I've missed out on some other great shows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The only recurring show that we saw that would be available on your cruise would be Diva's. We enjoyed it. :)