Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Mike,

I've followed along since day 1 and can not tell you how much I appreciate the effort you put into this review. We are doing our first Carnival on the Breeze and you have me feeling like I've already spent days aboard. Very well done! We did th southern in March on X and it was a fantastic time, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did.

Best of luck with your potential Ottawa posting. The ride is a fantastic PR arm of the RCMP! We are likely posted out west (Canadian Armed Forces) this summer but hope to one day catch you guys on a cruise! Happy sailing!

Thank you and it would be our pleasure to meet you and yours. :D

Hi Mike: This is your neighbor. We met at CT one day. Loved your review. We were doing a b2b on the Valor at the same time you were sailing. Had a blast. I am sure you will love the itinerary as much as we did. Unsure where we will head next, but will probably wait till 2015 for our 35th Anniversary. Fell in love with cruising on our 25th on the Glory.

Thanks neighbor and yes I remember you. I see you did a review on your B2B. Looking forward to reading it since I have more time now.

How old is Ariele now? You mentioned the boyfriend coming along.

We did that once but the boyfriend had to have his own room. He did luck out and got a private indoor room at a single price. It was Carnival.

Arielle is 19 and they are paying their own way. :D

Thanks, she very understanding. I told her it would take about a month and it took almost 8 weeks. :eek: She didn't complain to much. What she doesn't like is when I do a review I set up my laptop on the dining room table and I have a bunch of papers, funtimes, scanner, journal, etc. spread all over the table and it stays that way until I finish. :mad:

I have to say again that I love your reviews!

Thanks also to Tracy for putting up with your cruise reviewing!

My DH graciously puts up with my cruise critic obsession! Because of me, he has even joined CC, but doesn't post much. He mostly relies on info that I have garnered from CC!

I have often discussed your reviews with DH. He is a LEO also and has a lot of regard for the Mounties. I refer to you as "Back2back2back" when I mention any of your posts and he knows exactly which cruise-criticer I'm referring to LOL!

You are famous in our household!

MikeyA53: We are deciding between Liberty itinerary and Breeze itinerary? Which cruise ship and itinerary did you like better? The breeze is around $500 more than the Liberty. Is it worth the price difference?

We enjoyed the Breeze and it's itinerary more. We had been in the western Caribbean a few times but never on a southern. If we had to choose one it would be the Breeze despite the extra $500 but you can't let our choice influence yours. We enjoyed both ships and itineraries.

-------------------

Mike

What a great review of both ships ... We will be on the Breeze and the first day is our 10th anniversary (we were married on the Golden Princess and they gave us a map with the co-ordinates of the ship where it was when we were getting married by the Captain)

I love your idea of the map with the pins for the places you have been and I think I will try and get one when we are on the 8 day breeze in December :-) .... We would be able to put in a few pins :-) San Juan, St Martin, St Thomas, St. Lucia, St Kitts, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Grand Turk and would love to put more and more pins :-) Fav Island of them all is St Martin !!!:):):)

Thank you again for your review ... It was fantastic !!!

Cathie and David

Thank you Cathie and happy anniversary. Hope you have nice weather and a great time.

Mike, Thank you for a wonderful review with fabulous photos.

I remember sending a card to Tracy when she was in "Mountie School." How long ago was that?

Also, are your kids still in school or college?

Thanks. That was 2.5 years ago. Mitchel is in grade 12 and Arielle is working and upgrading her sciences to get into University next year. She wants to be a marine biologist.

Marine biologist? I bet she got that urge from all your cruises.

So I saw somewhere where you have that next cruise soon. You will have to do another review. My cruise isn't until summer so I have to live through someone elses.:)

I have to say again that I love your reviews!

Thanks also to Tracy for putting up with your cruise reviewing!

My DH graciously puts up with my cruise critic obsession! Because of me, he has even joined CC, but doesn't post much. He mostly relies on info that I have garnered from CC!

I have often discussed your reviews with DH. He is a LEO also and has a lot of regard for the Mounties. I refer to you as "Back2back2back" when I mention any of your posts and he knows exactly which cruise-criticer I'm referring to LOL!

You are famous in our household!

Famous you say, Tracy will have a good laugh.:D

So sad that your review is over, but thank you for another fantastic review!! I can't wait to read the review for your San Juan cruise. DH and I are hoping to book a San Juan cruise in the next 2 years.

Glad you liked it. :)

Mike;

Thanks again for a great set of reviews and great photos. You always do a fantastic job!:D

I know you will enjoy your cruise to the eastern caribean, my wife and I visited three of the islands you will, and enjoyed every minute. We would go back in a heart beat.

I am looking forward to your Valor review!!:)

Loved the review, Mike.

Question... we are trying to finalize tours. Traveling with hubby and 2 very athletic boys, 23 and 18. Was snorkeling better in Aruba or Grand Turk? We are planning an ATV excursion in Aruba and a private snorkeling tour for Grand Turk, but your Aruba tour looked like so much fun. Doing the beach/snorkel thing in La Romana with Pro Excursions, so I thought the ATV would be something different.

Hubby wants to know if there is a squat rack, and how heavy the dumbbells go to??

Thanks so much!