Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Where are you staying in Vegas?

It's another addicting place - you'll love it!

We are staying the first 2 nights at The Signature MGM Grand. It's 5 stars and I got through Last Minute Travel. Staying in a one bedroom suite with full kitchen and balcony for $123 a night, taxes included. There is an additional resort fee of $28 a night.

Then we are staying 7 nights at the Tahiti Village Resort, situated on Las Vegas Blvd south. I got it through SkyAuction. It's a one bedroom suite with kitchen for $470, all fees included for the week.

been there lots...we also do not gamble much...so if you need any hints fire away...owe you lots for your reviews

tip #1..check out the Bellagio conservatory

#2 you probably will like the rides at the top of the stratosphere

Thank Captain. We have 4 shows planned. Mystere (circle du soleil) at Treasure Island, le Reve at Winn Hotel, Absinthe at Caesar's Palace and B-A tribute to the Beatles at Planet Hollywood.

Other places we are interested in visiting are Volcano at the Mirage, The Bellagio Fountain and Conservatory. The fall of Atlantis and the Aquarium at Caesar's Palace. M & M World and the Ethel M Chocolate Factory, The Freemont Experience and the Natural History Museum. The Auto Collections, The Silverton Aquarium, Circus Circus Adventure Dome & Big Top and Midway Acts.

We also have a Go Kart Racing planned and a day trip to the Hoover Dam and the south rim (Grand Canyon).

We also have most of our restaurants and buffets planned already.

We will be renting a vehicle, Tracy insisted that we get a convertible.

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/blm_special_areas/red_rock_nca.html

red rock canyon..since you will have a car this is a great drive

since you are going to silverton there is a bass pro store right next door...plan on having a bit of time to shop there..even if you do not buy anything..amazing store

have a great time

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/blm_special_areas/red_rock_nca.html

red rock canyon..since you will have a car this is a great drive

since you are going to silverton there is a bass pro store right next door...plan on having a bit of time to shop there..even if you do not buy anything..amazing store

have a great time

Thank you, Red Rock Canyon looks very interesting. :)

Probably, I was working on it today, uploading photos on Photobucket. Tracy and I also have a Vegas trip coming up in 3 weeks. Our first time in sin city and it's without the kids. :) We are not gamblers, we have a bunch of shows lined up and a trip to the Grand Canyon.

I still have a lot of photos to download. Been busy lately, work and keeping the house in showroom condition. Trying to sell it for our upcoming transfer.

Great, I will continue to check the CCL board when I come on here. Vegas is great (but we ARE gamblers lol)... but if you guys like thrill rides check out the stratosphere hotel roof. :eek: Good luck with selling your house, I know how hard it is to keep clean (we had a 3 year old at the time we sold ours)!!

Great, I will continue to check the CCL board when I come on here. Vegas is great (but we ARE gamblers lol)... but if you guys like thrill rides check out the stratosphere hotel roof. :eek: Good luck with selling your house, I know how hard it is to keep clean (we had a 3 year old at the time we sold ours)!!

Thanks, the stratosphere rides look scary.:eek: Plus as we get older Tracy and I are getting more prone to motion sickness. :(

The last time we went on thrill rides with the kids we felt it and that was in 2009. I don't think we are brave enough anymore. We may try the restaurant.:)

I'm exhausted just hearing about your Las Vegas itinerary-LOL. Will there be any time for gambling?

Probably not since we're rarely gamble. I play poker locally with friends and Tracy has played a few machine while cruising.

Personally, I would leave the Adventure Dome and Circus Circus in general out of your plans. It's run down and full of unruly kids.

Thanks for the update.

in a bit of a dodgy neighbourhood...fine if you drive there but would not venture on the street there at night..and I am 6 foot 4

most of vegas safe but some of the dark ground level parking lots are not the best

but both of you have situational awareness so not too worried about you

..don't be embarrassed by not wanting to do the rides on top stratosphere...on the viewing deck there is mesh fencing..I hung onto the fence...the rear fence...60 feet or so back from the edge. go up just before sunset so you get both daylight and evening views

also good view from the eiffel tower at the paris hotel..mon ami gabi restaurant directly overlooking street level has decent steaks at fairly decent prices

..may have to go to Vegas even though was just there in Feb

Hi there, If you want to save some money and time we went to the restaurant at the stratsophere but didn't plan it and couldn't get in for a few hours and they said that we could go the bar lounge one level up from the restaurant where we could eat there. So we did and personally I thought it was excellent food at half the price of the restaurant and we got a great view as well. Martini's were two for one and I wished I had taken the taxi could only drink one. It is a seedy area and when we were walking in there were fresh blood spots right outside the front door, we continued on and didn't feel in any danger. Prior to going we were told to watch our backs and to park as close to the door as possible and not to walk around the area we were three females alone but I am sure if there were males we probably wouldn't have been forewarned at all. Both of you should be fine considering your backgrounds I am sure you have been in far worse situations. Congrats on Tracy's new adventure and welcome to Ottawa!!

in a bit of a dodgy neighbourhood...fine if you drive there but would not venture on the street there at night..and I am 6 foot 4

most of vegas safe but some of the dark ground level parking lots are not the best

but both of you have situational awareness so not too worried about you

..don't be embarrassed by not wanting to do the rides on top stratosphere...on the viewing deck there is mesh fencing..I hung onto the fence...the rear fence...60 feet or so back from the edge. go up just before sunset so you get both daylight and evening views

also good view from the eiffel tower at the paris hotel..mon ami gabi restaurant directly overlooking street level has decent steaks at fairly decent prices

..may have to go to Vegas even though was just there in Feb

Thanks for the tips. Mike

Hi there, If you want to save some money and time we went to the restaurant at the stratsophere but didn't plan it and couldn't get in for a few hours and they said that we could go the bar lounge one level up from the restaurant where we could eat there. So we did and personally I thought it was excellent food at half the price of the restaurant and we got a great view as well. Martini's were two for one and I wished I had taken the taxi could only drink one. It is a seedy area and when we were walking in there were fresh blood spots right outside the front door, we continued on and didn't feel in any danger. Prior to going we were told to watch our backs and to park as close to the door as possible and not to walk around the area we were three females alone but I am sure if there were males we probably wouldn't have been forewarned at all. Both of you should be fine considering your backgrounds I am sure you have been in far worse situations. Congrats on Tracy's new adventure and welcome to Ottawa!!

I was looking at the restaurants about an hour ago and I believe you are refering to the Level 107 lounge. They have a happy hour between 4pm and 7 pm on cocktails and appetizers. I believe we will include it on our already busy schedule. :D

Mike I've been to Vegas 44 times. Its my favorite destination in the whole world. I've been to a lot of places. I agree with Captain Canuck about Red Rock Canyon. Its a nice diversion for a couple hours. You sound like you have a pretty full agenda but I would also add Valley of Fire since you have a car. Much better than Red Rock. You must visit Downtown Vegas at night. Its called Fremont Street Experience. It IS old Vegas. The people watching there is amazing, especially on a week-end night.

You are making me want to book a flight. I've stayed just about everywhere over the years. Now I only stay wherever I have a free offer. My new favorite place to stay is Cosmopolitan. You really should visit there and have a drink in the Chandelier Lounge. Its amazing.

You guys are in such great physical shape that you'll be able to walk to a lot of places. A good chat board similar to this one where you could post a TR is called Vegas Message Boards.

Have fun.

Mike I've been to Vegas 44 times. Its my favorite destination in the whole world. I've been to a lot of places. I agree with Captain Canuck about Red Rock Canyon. Its a nice diversion for a couple hours. You sound like you have a pretty full agenda but I would also add Valley of Fire since you have a car. Much better than Red Rock. You must visit Downtown Vegas at night. Its called Fremont Street Experience. It IS old Vegas. The people watching there is amazing, especially on a week-end night.

You are making me want to book a flight. I've stayed just about everywhere over the years. Now I only stay wherever I have a free offer. My new favorite place to stay is Cosmopolitan. You really should visit there and have a drink in the Chandelier Lounge. Its amazing.

You guys are in such great physical shape that you'll be able to walk to a lot of places. A good chat board similar to this one where you could post a TR is called Vegas Message Boards.

Have fun.

I didn't know about Valley of Fire, sounds very interesting. We are in Vegas for 10 days so we should be able to fit it in, if not it's a good excuse to return.

We already have plans to visit the Freemont Experience on a Saturday night. I also have been on the Vegas message board.

Thanks for your suggestions. Mike

there is one over Freemont street...not to be missed is the light show on the canopy over the street..runs about 3 blocks

can also suggest the Clark County Museum....on the edge of town. lots of outdoor stuff...great pictures if the light is right.

The museum look interesting, I'll add it to the 'if we have time list.' I like being busy with lots to see and do but Tracy likes to relax sometimes and our resort has a man made beach/pool and lazy river. (Tahiti Village).

Probably, I was working on it today, uploading photos on Photobucket. Tracy and I also have a Vegas trip coming up in 3 weeks. Our first time in sin city and it's without the kids. :) We are not gamblers, we have a bunch of shows lined up and a trip to the Grand Canyon.

I still have a lot of photos to download. Been busy lately, work and keeping the house in showroom condition. Trying to sell it for our upcoming transfer.

We were in Vegas in 2010. You are gonna LOVE it! We saw "O" at the Bellagio, which was awesome. We also took a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, rented Harley's to ride to Hoover dam, and since we're NASCAR fans, we had to check out the racetrack. Freemont street after the sun goes down is awesome as well.

Looking forward to your next review!!

Mike I love your reviews. I found this B2B review a few weeks ago and could not stop reading. I am going back and reading all your reviews. I just started your pride review. Your reviews are like reading a great book that I just dive into. It snowed a few inches here today in Ohio so I am trying to imagine a cruise to anywhere warmer. Thanks for the great reviews!~!~!

We were in Vegas in 2010. You are gonna LOVE it! We saw "O" at the Bellagio, which was awesome. We also took a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, rented Harley's to ride to Hoover dam, and since we're NASCAR fans, we had to check out the racetrack. Freemont street after the sun goes down is awesome as well.

Looking forward to your next review!!

Thank you, we are looking forward to our first trip without kids/teenagers. :D:D