FDR ? - Hot breakfast w/ concierge room?

Post it

The website is not clear on the subject either

Cabins B & below advertise Complementary Room service others do not maybe those in Concierge do not get any room service now :D

Too many inconsistencies between the Res agents, website & brochures

While no mention of hot breakfast, the Concierge class would have complimentary room service... :p

From the stateroom description...

Concierge Level Privileges

(In Addition to Receiving All Stateroom Amenities)

Last week on Riviera, the concierge cabins had a breakfast card that you could select from and put outside your door the night before. It did contain some hot items like bacon, pancakes, etc. but we don't remember if it included items like omlettes. You could specify a 15 minute window. They called right before bringing the tray up.

What if I want a lukeward breakfast.....where do I have to sleep ?

Much ado about nothing really.

Brian

Because you are such a naughty lad, Brian, I just have to ask-

Is "lukeward" a direction (such as seaward or windward) or a temperature? :o:D:o

because I missed it(on Regatta) but I asked SPECICALLY about this when I booked an A2 concierge cabin on Riviera for next Dec.and was told YES,it it available.It IS a deal breaker for me, one of the perks I love,and am willing to pay for.But agree it SHOULD be inc.in premium line,perhaps it will be to ALL in future?

Odd how so many different answers seem to come from TAs,cruisers,staff.:confused:

But agree it SHOULD be inc.in premium line,perhaps it will be to ALL in future?

Why "should" it be included? :confused:

It seems to me that those who are booking what are (let's face it) the least expensive cabins on the ship are already getting a pretty amazing bang for their buck.

They certainly sell out quickly enough :p

Why "should" it be included? :confused:

It seems to me that those who are booking what are (let's face it) the least expensive cabins on the ship are already getting a pretty amazing bang for their buck.

They certainly sell out quickly enough :p

Yup, Yup, and Yup. Agree 100% :)

It amazes me that the people staying in upper cabins aren't satisfied unless they are getting something better in every possible parameter of a cruise. It really does make me wonder why.

You get many perks, which I do not begrudge you. Bigger and better cabins, a butler, stuff you pay for. And you're welcome to them.

So why, in heaven's name WHY, does it frost you so much that the steerage class simply wants a hot breakfast? They don't give steerage a different menu in the MDR. Oh, snap! Maybe I shouldn't have said that....next thing, it'll be uppity of us to want lobster. :rolleyes:

It amazes me that the people staying in upper cabins aren't satisfied unless they are getting something better in every possible parameter of a cruise. It really does make me wonder why.

You get many perks, which I do not begrudge you. Bigger and better cabins, a butler, stuff you pay for. And you're welcome to them.

So why, in heaven's name WHY, does it frost you so much that the steerage class simply wants a hot breakfast? They don't give steerage a different menu in the MDR. Oh, snap! Maybe I shouldn't have said that....next thing, it'll be uppity of us to want lobster. :rolleyes:

This is not a matter of "begrudging" anything to anyone.

I was simply pointing out that the "Steerage Cabins" as YOU choose to call them, sell quite briskly already. Good times and bad, they are booked almost immediately and the passengers who reserve them hang on like grim death, the cancellation rate is VERY low.

That being the case, it would seem foolhardy if not downright fiscally irresponsible to add additional amenities to those cabin categories, simply because other less desirable cruise lines have a universal room service policy.

Next case ;)

Azevedan,

Please don't assume that all of us who book the more expensive cabins begrudge lower cabins a hot breakfast!

Mura

Thank you! Nice to know there are a few (more than a few, I'm sure!) whose enjoyment isn't predicated on what the peons aren't getting. :p

because I missed it(on Regatta) but I asked SPECICALLY about this when I booked an A2 concierge cabin on Riviera for next Dec.and was told YES,it it available.It IS a deal breaker for me, one of the perks I love,and am willing to pay for.But agree it SHOULD be inc.in premium line,perhaps it will be to ALL in future?

Odd how so many different answers seem to come from TAs,cruisers,staff.:confused:

My TA just sent me an email from Oceania re.this topic,and itsays NO HOT BREAKFAST IN CONCIERGE LEVEL.This makes me very unhappy as you can see from above I asked about this TWICE ,,,BEFORE I booked it.

Am now thinking of either canceling,upgrading..not sure.AS said above it is a :"dealbreaker"..:

Sorry to cause such a stir,everyone has their own opinions,it seems.:confused:

My TA just sent me an email from Oceania re.this topic,and itsays NO HOT BREAKFAST IN CONCIERGE LEVEL.This makes me very unhappy as you can see from above I asked about this TWICE ,,,BEFORE I booked it.

Am now thinking of either canceling,upgrading..not sure.AS said above it is a :"dealbreaker"..:

Sorry to cause such a stir,everyone has their own opinions,it seems.:confused:

Maybe someone recently in Concierge cabin will comment

I am pretty sure the info you recieved is incorrect

I have been wrong before but so have the Oceania agents ;)

We just received our Oceania documents for our Dec. 5 Panama Canal cruise, and are in an A3 cabin. It lists among the "Exclusive Special Privileges:" "Full room service breakfast." I'm not sure what that means, but it implies more than a continental breakfast. It's definitely not a deal breaker for us, not even worth calling our TA, but I guess we'll find out what it means when we get onboard.

Jim and Stan--had to look that one up about "hoisted by your own petard"--I had heard it before but was curious about its exact meaning/origins. Just shows you can learn more than cruise info on CruiseCritic!

Mary

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe someone recently in Concierge cabin will comment

I am pretty sure the info you recieved is incorrect

I have been wrong before but so have the Oceania agents ;)

Yes, as of YESTERDAY, hot breakfast is served in Concierge level cabins!

The breakfast menu provided in the cabins offers several hot breakfast items including eggs, pancakes, oatmeal etc etc.

The breakfast menu provided in the cabins offers several hot breakfast items including eggs, pancakes, oatmeal etc etc.

We've cruised on O in Concierge since early 2010 and have had the ability to be served hot breakfasts via room service on each of these cruises. Our most recent cruise was in Jan to Feb 2013. Why is hot breakfast in Concierge categories news?

Sorry, but that's not news. News would be if the hot breakfasts were offered in staterooms below concierge level.

We've cruised on O in Concierge since early 2010 and have had the ability to be served hot breakfasts via room service on each of these cruises. Our most recent cruise was in Jan to Feb 2013. Why is hot breakfast in Concierge categories news?

The information was in dispute see above posts ;)

Thanks for the confirmation that is really IS in the Concierge cabins

Archived