Carnival is bringing back brochures!!!

TurtleCrossing1

As I was reading the thread I was thinking this is great - I would be willing to pay for a good comprehensive brochure.... and I need to get one for Robin...and Leslie...and I could send one to Kristy..... so yep, I'd totally pay for a brochure.

Funny you should say this, DH and I just received our CCL (vintage) brochure, yesterday, that we found on E Bay for $8.

It's just has a lot of info & pics that we like to HUG! :D

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

YEP, Much easier to check out the deck plans of each ship using paper.

Especially when trying to use Carnival's site. You get that small image first...then you have to click on a magnifier to make it bigger, and then scroll left and right...while some of the writing is vertical...and the image still isn't that big.

I can think of two non-CCL websites immediately whose cruise deck plans are FAR more legible than Carnival.com's.

And of course, it's famously hard to see what specific features each ship has, with images presented -- sometimes wrongly for an individual ship -- on that stupid "Rolodex of Death." Got an older 'puter? Prepare for slowness...and maybe crashes. :eek:

Viva the brochures! And is there any reason why CCL shouldn't ALSO post them online as PDFs for everyone to access?

The brochures came about because Uncle Bob had Q&A's with Travel Agents to find out what they need from Carnival to help promote them, and the resounding answer was BROCHURES! (I don't have a link to this info, but I read it in several places.)

When a clueless, first-time cruiser goes into a travel agency and the wall is covered in brochures from many other cruise lines (but not Carnival) it would seem to limit the odds of that travel agent booking them with Carnival. (Even if Carnival would be the best fit for those customers. First impressions from those other brochures can make a big impact.) Many people still don't have computers :eek: Some people are uncomfortable with technology they didn't grow up with; some choose to use their money on other things. Those are the potential clients these brochures would (concievably) be geared to. They have limited access to the internet and would go to a TA for their info. The rest of us that have easy access to the internet can choose to get a brochure if we feel it would be a benefit to us. I have no problem with either preference of online or paper brochures. I'm glad they are offering a choice.

Your post is so right on many points!

I can remember going into a local TA (not my own) and getting brochures for the lines/destinations I was interested in so I could leisurely compare ships, pricing, etc. and then decide with my friends who we would book with. But Carnival had nothing!

It is a pain in the neck to have to print every thing out once you are able to locate it.

Yea for the return of the brochures!

MARAPRINCE

Hoping my PVP can send one if I need it. We're getting new ships in Long Beach and I would like to check them out in advance.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle (after 10-2-13) and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

[quote name='saltybones']Funny you should say this, DH and I just received our CCL (vintage) brochure, yesterday, that we found on E Bay for $8.
It's just has a lot of info & pics that we like to HUG! :D

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Haven't those ships sailed? :confused::confused::confused: Kidding!!! :D All I can say about brochures is who knew? Congrats to the appreciative ones.

After reading the article this afternoon on goccl, I think some of us become prematurely excited at the prospect of brochures returning. That article makes it clear they will be for travel agents. Nothing was said or even indicated that there is a change in the policy as to providing the brochures to the public.

If the travel agent community want us, the cruising public, to have brochures available, it seems to me that they, the travel agents, are going to have to keep the "heat" on Carnival to produce them.

I am disappointed, again, in Carnival's Marketing plans.

Just heard from my inside source that she had just come from a strategy meeting, and among other things, the printed brochures are returning.

They also have had great results from testing their new referral program.

I enjoy finding cruise specials showing up in my snail-mail box.:)

Mike

[quote name='manmtnmike']Just heard from my inside source that she had just come from a strategy meeting, and among other things, the printed brochures are returning.

Mike[/quote]

[B][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]YAY...I miss the printed brochures!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

[quote name='manmtnmike']Just heard from my inside source that she had just come from a strategy meeting, and among other things, the printed brochures are returning.

Mike[/quote]

Brochures returning: Oh, how I want to believe!

But, I will believe it when I am holding a new one in my hands.

[quote name='Surfwench']Great. More dead trees. Way to go, Carnival. HUGE step backwards. :mad:[/quote]

No, they're making information available to those who aren't surgically attached to a computer, iPad, or smartphone. Not everyone is internet savvy or even owns a computer. You do realize that paper is continuously recycled and that new trees are constantly being replanted???:D

[quote name='Bobby_Mac']In other news, CCL has joined forces with PETA and now only tofu burgers and fake crab meat will be served on cruises.[/quote]

Doesn't PETA stand for "People Eating Tasty Animals?":D

[quote name='Tithonus']

Even since the brochures went away, it appears everyone went stupid.[/quote]

DEFINITELY not true - people have been stupid since the beginning of humanity and will continue to be the same until the end of it.:eek:

Archived