Carnival is bringing back brochures!!!

TurtleCrossing1

Thats really good news cause if you go into a travel agency all the other cruiselines have them. Even though alot of us may book online or through a Carnival PVP lots of older people can't even use computers so still go to travel agents for better service. I know if i knew nothing about cruising and walked into a travel agency i would want to see a brochure.

Great. More dead trees. Way to go, Carnival. HUGE step backwards. :mad:

They have E-brochures. And they will be given out to people who want them and want to book. So 100 dead trees could equal 200 new cruisers. And if it ever becomes a problem, I'm sure Carnival will plant more trees, because it's a law.

Sorry you don't like them.

Carnival is bringing back brochures!!!

If true, this is EXCELLENT news!

When we started cruising, we found our expectation was all ships offering the same products, and using our brochures to educate ourselves where each ship was going, exploring each ship and class, and even getting excited about anything new coming out.

Trying to use carnival.com was such a futile effort, besides being very poorly laid out and hard to navigate.

One new brochure, and I feel I will get right back up to date, and flipping through the onboard pictures will put me in a state to book.

And the easy to look at deck plans will help, especially side by side once again.

Can't wait! I love how Carnival is taking us back to the time they shone! Their 20 steps forward were unfortunately in the wrong direction.

Hey go easy, it's commendable to be so concerned about the environment. Personally when I consider how many of those mass-produced brochures are inevitably thrown away having only been glanced at or completely unread, it makes my brain itch a little too. That said, I appreciate that some people are more comfortable with modern technology than others, and some people just plain prefer to read something printed in front of them rather than on a screen. Carnival has to cater for the majority of its customer base and I guess those of us who are more concerned with the environment than pretty pictures on glossy paper are still in the minority for now.

I'm a computer loving millennial, so I'm at a bit of a loss. What is the big deal about brochures? What's in them that you can't get online?

Wondering the same thing. I hate getting ads on the mail for stores and such when I can just look online. Goes straight in the trash. Seems like its a step backwards, not forward. I wish they would take some of the money they are spending on that and just redesign the website to make it more usable and mobile friendly.

Hey go easy, it's commendable to be so concerned about the environment. Personally when I consider how many of those mass-produced brochures are inevitably thrown away having only been glanced at or completely unread, it makes my brain itch a little too. That said, I appreciate that some people are more comfortable with modern technology than others, and some people just plain prefer to read something printed in front of them rather than on a screen. Carnival has to cater for the majority of its customer base and I guess those of us who are more concerned with the environment than pretty pictures on glossy paper are still in the minority for now.

All my brochures are still stacked in my wall unit in the basement. Had I tossed them, they'd be earth.

And how easy to discuss vacation plans around a brochure in any setting, instead of having to stand around a laptop or a PC.

And forget the eyes if you are trying to do it on a smartphone or a tablet.

DH and I like the paper brochure because it is much easier to look at the deck plans and we can do it together. Hate the online deck plans for that reason. BTW, JerseyshoreBruce, we are "old" and both of us are extremely computer literate and book all of our cruises online, we just don't spend our lives online - we'd rather communicate the old fashioned way - in person face to face. You shouldn't make sweeping statements about old people - you're going to be one someday:eek:

I sell software to the healthcare industry and haven't used a printed brochure in YEARS. I also don't often drive to my clients but meet remotely via Go To Meeting. For a full color glossy printed brochure to include all the information I provide on a .pdf that can be emailed, it would cost $10.00 to print and probably be tossed unceremoniously in the trash.

That being said, I've reconsidered my stance.... I see that it is a sales aid for the TAs when dealing with an older client base. Personally, I'm frustrated when HAL sends me a full color brochure quarterly because I once expressed an interest in an Alaskan land/cruise package. Into the recycle bin it goes... only to be rejected at the recycling center because it is glossy.

If the TAs are happy, then I'm happy for them.... I make my daily bread the same way.

This is great news!!!

I have a new Princess book and a new Royal book but have had to keep using my poor "dog-eared" Carnival book because I couldn't get it replaced.

I love being able to sit and thumb through the deck plans and itineraries for each ship as I plan my next adventure.

I'm a computer loving millennial, so I'm at a bit of a loss. What is the big deal about brochures? What's in them that you can't get online?

Its really hard to carry the computer over to my wife when i want to show her something.....And all my friends at work keep asking about cruise's and its just too hard to show on a phone.

Archived