What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

I chose my handle when I joined some mosaic forums as that was my hobby at the time.

As I am a proud Australian, I thought of "mosaicaussie" or on reading that now many years later, I could have shortened it to "mossie":)

I liked the rhyming sound of "ausaicmosaic" so that is what it became.

It is a shame that halftime shows are no longer shown on TV, there was something kind of special during the halftime show at the Florida A&M game. The Ohio Blind School Marching Band did a braille Scriptohio with the Ohio State band. They had two sousaphone "i" dotters (i.e a braille "i" is 2 dots). See the video:

Rehearsal video

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2013/09/21/heartfelt-script.html

Great post.

YES! It's a great shame on the networks that they no longer show any of the half-time show. With a son in band and a girl I the girl's squad , we spent 7 years battling mosquitos to watch half-time shows. The boys and girls spend as much time in practice as the football players and deserve a lot of credit!:cool:

Just got to wondering, how do people pick their CC names.

Mine is an anagram from when I used to work for P&O Ports (Canada).

In short form, that became "POPCAN". Probably not what most people think when they see the name. :)

(P&O Ports in Canada were eventually bought by Dubai Ports World, but "DUPWOR" didn't have the same cache, so I kept my old name. :rolleyes: )

What's the story behind your CC name?

Not very creative. :(

Taxguy was taken; started with taxguy7 but my other computer wouldn't take it so ended where I am.

Great post.

YES! It's a great shame on the networks that they no longer show any of the half-time show. With a son in band and a girl I the girl's squad , we spent 7 years battling mosquitos to watch half-time shows. The boys and girls spend as much time in practice as the football players and deserve a lot of credit!:cool:

Awww...this brings back memories...my daughter was in a championship marching band throughout high school. They were invited to do the halftime show for the SF 49ers so we got tickets. It was the only pro football game I ever attended. The fans loved the band!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

My name is not at all creative -- it is my aol name as I joined CC when it was part of aol. For aol I wanted to be very anonymous (I was a bit fearful of the new Internet beast) -- so I choose arzz -- R is the first letter of my first name so arzz is actually "R's"

I was named after a Hockey Player (father was a huge fan) from the Montreal Canadians who had the nickname Rocket. I was always a bit more on the Rock and Roll side of things and actually continue to play in a Classic Rock Band to this day.(My fountain of Youth). I just substituted the E in Rocket with an I, hence Rockit.:)

I was named after a Hockey Player (father was a huge fan) from the Montreal Canadians who had the nickname Rocket. I was always a bit more on the Rock and Roll side of things and actually continue to play in a Classic Rock Band to this day.(My fountain of Youth). I just substituted the E in Rocket with an I, hence Rockit.:)

Oh how I remember the Rocket (Richard). That was good hockey. I'm a fond fan of the original 6. When I was in Grade 12 in Toronto, my best friend's dad was a sports writer for the Globe & Mail so I got to go to all the Leaf home games. Very exciting - long before plexi glass, helmuts & masks. These 2 seats were right on the boards about 4 seats to right of the net.:D

We have had Wire Fox Terriers for almost 30 years now. And since they are clever dogs I turned it into "FoxyTerrier". My picture was our only female wire fox - Justine and she happened to be born on our 10th wedding anniversary.

I have used FoxyTerrier for many thing like many of you but was late to the game with Twitter and someone had taken it - Boo! So for Twitter I am JoniLovesNoles as I have a huge FSU football fan. A take off on Joni loves ChaChi from happy days. On our 3rd HAL cruise one of the cruise staff always referred to DH has ChaChi.

CC recommends that you not use your real name, and IMHO it's a particularly bad idea when you show your location, have a listed phone number, and post on Roll Calls as you do. It's an invitation for burglars in the vicinity of Great Neck! :cool:

I know one of my neighbors is on CC based on a lot less than that and only on their posted identifiers.:D

In fact, at one point we were both booked on the same cruise but one of us changed plans.

Popcan, what a great thread idea! And celle and sammygoose, what touching stories of how you got your CC names.

I'm a veterinarian and love beagles. The dogs in my pic are Biscuit Beagle (the puppy), who sadly died a year ago of liver failure at only 5 3/4, and Beignet, my Katrina rescue when I went to volunteer at a shelter in Mississippi. She was the mangiest puppy I've ever seen in 20 years of doing rescue...she was almost hairless and covered in scabs and weeping sores... and I thought she was a beagle. Then as she grew up and grew hair she turned into a foxhound! :D

When she and Biscuit met (he was brought into the shelter where I was working in February 2007), she immediately started gnawing gently on his head and then they lay down together next to the IV pole. I call this pic "Are You My Mother?"

The other part of the name comes from a cruise I took with a group of Canadian friends. We had considered taking walkie-talkies, and decided we needed code names so we could be all stealthy and spy-like. I'm American, so my chosen code name was Eagle One. One of the Canadians wanted to be Beaver One (!).

So, BeagleOne.