28 Degrees Credit Card changes

Thanks for posting the info, I was just heading in to put it up as well.

It means for people like me who load their card up with cash before they leave it is no longer fee free to withdraw it at an ATM. My husband and I have an account each and we used to use one as a credit card and the other we treated as a debit card and got cash out. I think the card is still a good deal but just not as good as what it was.

I am looking at a Citibank Plus account. It is a bank account and not a credit card but has a visa debit facility and charges no fees and offers virtually the exchange rate of the day.

Thanks for posting the info, I was just heading in to put it up as well.

It means for people like me who load their card up with cash before they leave it is no longer fee free to withdraw it at an ATM. My husband and I have an account each and we used to use one as a credit card and the other we treated as a debit card and got cash out. I think the card is still a good deal but just not as good as what it was.

I am looking at a Citibank Plus account. It is a bank account and not a credit card but has a visa debit facility and charges no fees and offers virtually the exchange rate of the day.

I rang 28 Degrees this afternoon, and the fellow wasn't that helpful, had trouble understanding him, even though he said he was here in Australia. I actually backed out of cancelling it when he read out the terms and conditions (which I had to ask him to repeat). They will be copping lots of phone calls - Tough.

I haven't even used my card yet. Set my parents up with one as well, lucky they are back.

Why did the terms and conditions make you stop cancelling?

Having said that it really is a great card for overseas purchases. The bank fees others charge plus the currency conversions are dreadful.

I'll still use it but more wisely I guess.

Archived