reserving restaurants

megsok7

First time cruiser. We are wanting to try the steakhouse and moderno on the jewel. Should we reserve now or wait until we board? Is it the same price/tax if we reserve now? Any incentive for booking a certain night? Or any night that you avoid? (7 day western carribbean)

Thanks!

First time cruiser. We are wanting to try the steakhouse and moderno on the jewel. Should we reserve now or wait until we board? Is it the same price/tax if we reserve now? Any incentive for booking a certain night? Or any night that you avoid? (7 day western carribbean)

Thanks!

Moderno generally will be fine to book onboard. Same price now or later. Incentives will only be known when you board and lately there haven't seem to have been many. In the past there were sometimes two for one and often those were limited to early or late dining. Lately they have been giving just a bottle of wine it seems.

I sailed on the Jewel and made reservations on the ship. The only restaurant that gets booked up quickly and reserving ahead of time in Tepenyaki (Japanese). If you reserve a specialty restaurant for the first night you get a free bottle of wine.

I don't really see the value in reserving restaurants ahead of time. With the exception of Teppanyaki, there are plenty of spaces available once you board. You could purchase the 3 restaurant package, but I don't think the little you save and the cheap bottle of wine are worth it. Plus you have to reserve all three in advance and pay the money up front.

I for one like to go with the flow and see what I want to do after I am on board.

The only caveat is see is that places like Cagney's tend to book up as the week goes on.

If you reserve a specialty restaurant for the first night you get a free bottle of wine.

This is by no means guaranteed, and I believe is only rarely offered these days.

Apparently you get the wine if you book the three restaurant package and go to one of them on the first night.

I agree with all of the above. There is a restaurant reservations desk in the main lobby (or near by) with all the menus. Other than the Japanese slice and dice place, you can always get a reservation at the others the morning of the evening you wish to dine. That way, waiting, you can be flexible with you schedule and not have to make long term advanced decisions as to when you want to eat where. Also. most of the NCL ships have TV type monitors located around the ship that show how full any of the restaurants are at any time and how much seating is still available for the different hours.

This is by no means guaranteed, and I believe is only rarely offered these days.

Apparently you get the wine if you book the three restaurant package and go to one of them on the first night.

We dined at Cagney's on the first night, no other pending reservations - received a complimentary bottle of wine. It looked like it was offered to everyone around us.

2 Specialty restaurant dinners for $39.00 was also offered, selected restaurants

On The Breakaway last week

We dined at Cagney's on the first night, no other pending reservations - received a complimentary bottle of wine. It looked like it was offered to everyone around us.

I'm certainly not suggesting that it doesn't happen, just that it isn't guaranteed.

I've eaten at speciality restaurants on embarkation day but have never been offered the wine then. I was once given a bottle when I ate at Moderno later in the week. At the time they were doing a deal if you ate at a speciality restaurant early.

You may get it, but to suggest that it is worth pre booking because you will get it is misleading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived